Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

wow i wear a size 25 apc ns and size 27 diors no problems. i bought size 27 5010 6x6 raw its tough to put on pre soak -__- can't get on the last two buttons. i might add putting on these jeans makes me look tall.

yeah, you sized down and that is wrong.

its sanfordized denim. probably wont shrink down too much more no matter what you do.

This is pretty much what i would say. Don't do it. Nobody will want to buy them after you do a hot soak and / or put them in the dryer for no real reason. They are sanforized and will stretch back out to pre soak / dry measuremetns pretty quickly. Just sell them now and buy the next size down.

I finally got around patching up those tiny holes in my Skulls.

Here's the one that's on the back of my left leg:

38270910ro0.jpg

And one at my crotch:

51894448kl3.jpg

The trick is to go with the 'grain' of the denim when stitching back from the outside. It takes a while to get how it works, as you can see below. The one on my crotch is visible (not when worn) and half of the patch that's on my leg is almost invisible.

94957787fj2.jpg

55243547ad0.jpg

I might redo these someday, to make sure that they are totally invisible. You won't even notice them right now as they are though.

IMO ocean washing is a marketing gimick propagated by APC, Nudie (others?) to further differentiate their product from "regular" denim (i.e., "you don't wash em for 6 months and then when you do you have to fly to the coast to do it in the oceanz!"). The point of washing is to get rid of shit that's accumulated on your jeans and I think that is best done by using woolite black and cold water.

That said, if the mystique created by washing your clothes in the ocean is too overwhelming to ignore, then yeah...jump in the ocean, get out, rub with sand if desired, and let them dry.

And one at my crotch:

51894448kl3.jpg

i had to make that same repair about 10 months ago, and i'm amazed it's still held up since i did such a super shitty job. on top of that you can't even tell it's there anymore. i'll link it since it's a crotch shot and i don't want to be gay.

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/643/repaireg5.jpg

some pictures of the repair in-progress:

01hl9.jpg

02cn6.jpg

03qq4.jpg

of course it didn't need it at the time, it was preventative since my bike always puts holes there i.e. SExIH. it works!

So I wear a 30 in Nudie RRDS, and a 30 in PRPS, I guess a 30 in 5010's should suffice?

i wear the same in nudie and prps, and also got skulls in a 30 (5109xx tho, not the 5010) and they were tiiiiiiight as hell in the beginning (only on the waist tho, the rest was fine i guess).. you might want to get a 31

my gf got a pair of skull lindas size 0 one wash today in the mail. what do you guys think of the fit? she's worried that it might stretch out too much and the knee and leg opening is kinda big. shes also thinks its too long and wants to get it hemmed. what do you guys think? you think a 00 would be better for her?

IMG_2238.jpgIMG_2237.jpg

Assuming there's more taper from the knee down in the 00, and that she's willing to deal with a really tight waist for a bit, I would say size down--once this happens, the extra length will look more appropriate with slight stacking

So I wear a 30 in Nudie RRDS, and a 30 in PRPS, I guess a 30 in 5010's should suffice?

You need a size 31 in Skulls.. the 30 would be FAR too tight..

Here are my new 5010's, went true to size.

picture1gb2.jpg

dsc00879id5copykg5.jpg

good fit. at first glance i thought the hangtag was a bandanna and it got me thinking, if skull or any other company made their back pocket hangtags in cloth, so basically bandannas, would you rock it?

good fit. at first glance i thought the hangtag was a bandanna and it got me thinking, if skull or any other company made their back pocket hangtags in cloth, so basically bandannas, would you rock it?

not hanging out the pocket like the piece of paper. i'd use it for other stuff though. I think flathead already makes some bandanas. They gave some away at one of the self edge parties, no?