Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

I agree with you Kiya. I have a pair of the one wash 5010's and I regret getting them in no wash. Compared to all the no washes I see, the fading process is completely altered by one washing these.

I've been wearing my skull 5010 one wash every single day now for the past 10 months. I'll upload some pictures as soon as the weather clears up down here. Keep in mind im a desk warrior so no crazy fading compared to some of the more active members on this board.

as fading is concerned, they do fade differently than the raws. In the end i think they turned out ok. Ill give them another wash at the end of this month and retire them>time to start wearing my FH 380's.

that denim banner is the prize for the winner of the skull jeans contest! it's bigger than i imagined it to be. seems like it'd look kinda out of place on the wall though.

i took some evo pics for my contest skulls at 9.5 months. they were still damp from the wash so the pics aren't very accurate at all, and i'm too lazy to go re-take them (plus i'm wearing them now.) the jeans also have a new buddy to spend the rest of their days with! see my blog in my signature for the rest of the pictures.

walletoi2.jpg

they will stretch plenty in the waist, don't worry. if you can button them all the way up then you've definitely chosen the right size. i'd say the fit is pretty excellent for everything but the waist so keep those.

If anyone bought skulls too big, I'll trade some 5010xx no-wash in 27 for a pair of 28's...

Why not just exchange the pair you just got for the right size?

I'd be all over that if I had bought them new, but I grabbed them over the forums. Part of me wants to keep the suckers, and see if they'll stretch into a perfect fit, but I can't get stuff into the pockets, it takes me thirty seconds to button them up, and they've yet to be soaked, so I think my chances are slim. Hence the looking for a trade/sale.

I have yet to machine wash my skulls after 7 months of wear... I'm happy with the progress so far, but the denim is starting to fall apart and I need a good wash to keep things togethor. Lots of loose stiching, in fact the patch on the back already came off, and the crotch area is getting dangerous.

I have the 5010xx 6x7 one-wash model, any recommendations/advice on how to safely wash these? Also what soap? There's so many Dr. Bronners on the website, I'm a little lost on which one I'm suppose to use...

I have yet to machine wash my skulls after 7 months of wear... I'm happy with the progress so far, but the denim is starting to fall apart and I need a good wash to keep things togethor. Lots of loose stiching, in fact the patch on the back already came off, and the crotch area is getting dangerous.

I have the 5010xx 6x7 one-wash model, any recommendations/advice on how to safely wash these? Also what soap? There's so many Dr. Bronners on the website, I'm a little lost on which one I'm suppose to use...

Cold wash, inside out, line dry. Use Woolite or Woolite Dark.

all that happens when you soak them is they return to their raw measurements. probably not "to the dot" but close enough. although to be safe, if you plan on soaking them early to get that inseam shrink out of the way, do the coat hangar thing in the waistband yeah.

hey how much do theses strech because mine are pretty tight in the waist.

Oh and if you look i dont have the cross stich thing.

Nice Fit..Marshall

How tall are u? and How much weight do u have?

What kind of jeans is that??... is that skull5010xx 6x6 One wash or Non wash???

What size is it?

When u wore it the first time ..Can u button up the first two buttons ??

If not,can u do it now?

What size of your nudie thin fin and slim jim??

Thx very much

:)

i didn't presoak. skulls are sanforized, so you can count on them never shrinking below their raw state no matter how many times you wash them and at what temperatures (even if they do, it's a negligible amount.) i even run mine through the dryer at medium heat and they are fine. HOWEVER the inseam will shorten by something like 1.5" in the first soak or wash (they're still made of cotton and sanforization isn't magic.) non-sanforized jeans tend to lose more length than this.

basically, the only two reasons to presoak these are a.) to loosen up the factory starch and b.) to get that 1.5" shortening out of the way so your knee creasing stays in the same place over time. warm water in the bathtub for 20-30 minutes is plenty; hang them up outside to dry (or overnight indoors if outside isn't an option.)

Whoa, I disagree. My Skulls shrank past their initial size when I did a first soak without wearing them first. Shrinkage was between .5" and 1" depending on the area (yeah I documented all of this). Sanforized means they won't really shrink, but you can still expect about 5% from sanforized and up to 10% from unsanforized denim.

good point, i suppose soaking while they are brand new will yield some shrinkage below their deadstock measurements, but it's nothing serious and nothing permanent. after being worn in for months, they'll start behaving the way i was talking about in my last post. nowadays when i wash mine, they'll tighten back up to the way they fit when new/raw, and are back to being stretched out in a matter of hours.

haha! wow

ok im 5'8, 130 lbs

its the skull5010xx 6x6 RAW (no wash)

size:28

yes (that pic is the first time i put them on) i could button all of the buttons up but it was not easy.

oh and thoses have not been soaked yet im gonna do that soon.

my thin finns and slim jims are both size 29

OH thx Mr.marshall!!!

you're 5'8 = 171cm,right?

I have some questions...

generally..the inseem lenght of skull5010xx 6x6 is 37.5"

but from your pics it doesn't look so stack

why it be like that? did u shorten your jeans??

and in that pic, how long of the inseem??

and from your point of view

when u wear this jeans...

does it look similar to wearing Nudie Thin Fin?

thank you..:):)

For a full cycle? And do you normally wash the denim just by itself, or with other clothing?

Full cycle..washing it with other items doesn't really matter just as long as your jeans aren't filthy.