Dior Homme S/S 06

rundcrantz

Yes! Finally someone who understand suits. Yes, the dior jackets are overpriced for the money. Essentially they are fused suits, which basically means that the inner cloth that helps keep the suit's shape is glued to the rest of the suit. A good way to tell is by merely feeling the fabric and noticing that a separate inner layer "floats" between the outer shell and inner lining. It terms of longevity, after multiple dry cleanings, the suit does bubble and get distorted and can't be corrected without a full re-work of the suit. A good forum which discusses this is Ask Andy Forum. Those guys are amazing in terms of their knowledge of suits. But anyways, for the price you pay for a blazer or full suit of Dior/Prada/Dolce, etc, you could get made to measure and made even bespoke for the same price with better fit, material, and construction.

Edited by djrajio on Dec 7, 2005 at 01:22 AM

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Agreed. I've frequented the Fashion spot and read a lot on the Dior Homme thread. But I'm more of the person trying to adapt looks and seek inspiration rather than conform and SPEND huge amounts of money on a "designer's" look; seem like a lot of people on that board are hungry for looks rather than looking to create their own?

--- Original message by djrajio on Dec 6, 2005 07:10 PM

uhh... this is only true for the people in the dior threads. pretty much everyone else on tfs seem to look down on trends. definitely not the kind of people who blindly follow trends.

SOME GIRLS ARE BIGGER THAN OTHERS

Quote:
Quote:

i think the collection is really nice to be honest.. just thought that store had the shittest model ever!!

--- Original message by thomas_highstreet on Dec 6, 2005 06:10 PM

A buyer on the fashion spot just commented that the models are the actual models from the runway show.

--- Original message by mouko on Dec 6, 2005 06:16 PM

dude.. there is no doubt that there is something seriously wrong with the way hes wearing these jeans..

0024.jpg

Guest Fade to Black

Actually in defense of The Fashion Spot, even in the Dior Homme thread most of the posters there (keyword is most...there are some who blindly try to buy everything Hedi puts out) are not Dior victims or head-to-toe wearers, and are in general smart consumers who can realize when something really looks bad. On the other hand, the Dior Homme MSN group will have a higher chance of containing the obnoxious DH whores as described in above posts in this thread.

That said, this collection is really bad. I was disappointed with the S/S 06 menswear season on a whole, don't see anything I really want to get from any designer.

Where on earth do these photos come from??? Are these just from internet sites that flog all the rubbish selection of most designers? I have never ever bought clothes off the net because a) you can't try them on and B) most internet retailers carry the shit that would otherwise never sell.

The pics above are appalling and make the clothes look really rough. What's happened to the jeans for one thing?!?! And I HATE clothes with writing on them at the best of times but even quoting a song by The Jam is just plain dull - I wouldn't buy a single piece on the strength of the above.

Quote:
Quote:

I have to disagree. If you ever go into the "what are you wearing today" thread you will see that people mix and match looks and desingers and all have unique stylings. The seperated threads, such as the dior homme thread, are created just to discuss the designers and clothes, but I have yet to see anyone there dressed head to toe completely in one designer. Just disregard the fact that people on TFS taste maybe a bit more expensive, I don't find it any different than this bbs, in fact I generally prefer it as there is more variety in terms of discussions and taste.

Edited by mouko on Dec 6, 2005 at 08:09 PM

--- Original message by mouko on Dec 6, 2005 08:07 PM

I dunno man I visited the Fashion Spot a couple times and each time I either 1) laughed really hard or 2) wanted to puke. Either way, it didn't last long. I saw a couple of kids head to toe in Dior, with the Dior emo haircut and sunglasses and the "oh god kill me please, I'm so rich that I'm miserable" look. Pleaaase. Save it.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Dec 7, 2005 12:54 AM

Hehehe, this happens, but like here and everywhere else you also have some pretty knowledgeable people about the topic at hand (+ it's amusing to see women's opinions on fashion, makes for a ddiferent perspective). That being said, I suscribe to the threads I like on TFS and receive them in my email but rarely checks out the whole board.

As for the dior victims, as I already mentionned, I already think pretty much NO runway look is wearable as is....Dior head to toe has always been among the most heinous of the bunch IMHO, because of the reliance on "costume" pieces.

As for the 'I'm so rich and bored, kill me now, look" The existencial ennui of the bourgeois class is only interesting to witness in Italian and french films of the 60s, and that's also from an aesthetic point of view...

Luisa makes it obvious that they digitally manipulate the photos and use photoshoot techiniques (like clipping/pinning) to make things look like they fit better than they do. Its aparent with the stubbyness of the legs and the elongated neck that there's some misrepresentation going on.

^^ The most wearable Dior collection has got to be VOTC, A/W 04...which was seen as the turning point of Dior becoming more "marketable", while collections before and after that had a very distinct look and/or inspiration.

Quote:

That model is disgustingly thin. It's gross.

--- Original message by Handlethevibe on Dec 7, 2005 01:21 PM

You're reading a DH thread and complaining the models are thin!!??? icon_smile_shock.gif I mean there are so many valid criticism you could make about the new items or LVR way to present them but if you're interested in DH clothes I sure hope you're a stick yourself... icon_smile_tongue.gif

i totally agree.

if you're interested in Dior, the first thing you should know is that it's designed for the Too-Thin-For-Life crowd.

you can't complain that a shirt or pair of pants doesn't fit you.

:)

-k

Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling that I'm looking at the Summer 2004 collection here.. The carreaux shirt, pinstripes, military and shiny sporty jackets, Fred Perry-like polos - I've seen this stuff in the streets for more than a year already.

The jeans are nice. The rest I already found at thrift stores last year.

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

Quote:

The fact that you found everything at the thrift stores last years prooves that you shouldn't go anywhere near Dior Homme.

--- Original message by skecr8r on Dec 9, 2005 07:48 AM

what are you on about? whats wrong with shopping dior with thrift?

you one of those people who shop in those ''vintage boutiques'' but wont peep a charity shop?

Quote:

anyone have info about these? http://luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Collections/Photos/Medium43I/A31/0010.jpg

are they raw? do they really fit that big or is it just the way the model is wearing them?

--- Original message by davidatler on Dec 9, 2005 01:46 PM

They do seem to be raw. That image is ultra confusing. Here is an image of how 19cm should fit (I'm pretty sure these are 19cm).

00007m.jpg

I am guessing that the model wearing those on the luisavia site is wearing a pair that is about 2 sizes too big for them. Most people that get 19s go about 1 size larger but with raws you don't need to (in my opinion). You can most probably attribute the crazy look to the poor quality of images LVR has on it's site. Unless DH have drastically changed the cut of the jeans which I would highly doubt.

Edited by lost on Dec 9, 2005 at 02:00 PM

Guest Fade to Black

It looks like Luisa must have messed those pictures up or something...that pic looks like the 21 cm model, while the other tapered version of the raw denim that looks really narrow towards the knees and ankles is more likely the 19 cm, although they have the listings reversed.

The jeans are hemmed and I don't know what on the runway, look nomatter what their height difference are the jeans fit NEARLY the same on all the models.

To the rest of you people unable to comprehend: I meant that if he actually found all the stuff that Dior showcased in SS06, he haven't got the slightest idea of what Dior is about. Buying Dior and wearing all Glam/Indie rock clothing, vintage or not, is just fucking weak. That's what I meant. Now shut up.

dress badly on purpose.

Edited by skecr8r on Dec 9, 2005 at 02:54 PM