Dior Homme S/S 06

rundcrantz

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fade to Black

^^^

that's a female model....i guess LVMH is trying to target the female audience of Dior Homme, given some of its more androgynous stylings...they really need those sales boosts I guess lol. I don't think that model looks good in the clothes...the outfit with the vest where it looks like her tits are about to rip that shirt apart just looks OFF.

most of it I find atrocious, but I like the fedora, the use of suspenders and the off-white white gabardine jacket. Very Adicts-esque.

The white poplin dress shirts are unobjectionable as always, though equally overpriced. The hoodie looks cool but the print designs are incredibly uninspired and are lacking the aesthetic that I find appealing in some of his clothing. It almost seems to be mocking Japanese Engrish-slogan t-shirts, but with a pseudo-artistic attempt at visual double entendres. I do like the typography itself though. It's quite beautiful.

Quote:

most of it I find atrocious, but I like the fedora, the use of suspenders and the off-white white gabardine jacket. Very Adicts-esque.

The white poplin dress shirts are unobjectionable as always, though equally overpriced. The hoodie looks cool but the print designs are incredibly uninspired and are lacking the aesthetic that I find appealing in some of his clothing. It almost seems to be mocking Japanese Engrish-slogan t-shirts, but with a pseudo-artistic attempt at visual double entendres. I do like the typography itself though. It's quite beautiful.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Dec 6, 2005 02:36 PM

The inspiration is too literal, but the collection isn't too bad if you wear things seperately and style it different. In my opinion, it will look too conforming (in terms of the "look" the designer is going for) if you wore it in the same manner as the runway, head to toe, because the look is so specific. I personally love the diagonal waistcoats. The screen printed stuff is just bad in my opinion as well as overpriced. The denim is nothing to get excited over like past collections.

Same old late 70's - early 80's brit punk vibe. 177EU for what is basically a copy of a fred perry polo but what else is new. Collection is pretty cool overall, can't say I like the rain coat but that's about it. I guess this is what Slimane comes up with after following Doherty for 6 months.

The Jam definitely rocks.

Quote:

i think the collection is really nice to be honest.. just thought that store had the shittest model ever!!

--- Original message by thomas_highstreet on Dec 6, 2005 06:10 PM

A buyer on the fashion spot just commented that the models are the actual models from the runway show.

Agreed. I've frequented the Fashion spot and read a lot on the Dior Homme thread. But I'm more of the person trying to adapt looks and seek inspiration rather than conform and SPEND huge amounts of money on a "designer's" look; seem like a lot of people on that board are hungry for looks rather than looking to create their own?

I have to disagree. If you ever go into the "what are you wearing today" thread you will see that people mix and match looks and desingers and all have unique stylings. The seperated threads, such as the dior homme thread, are created just to discuss the designers and clothes, but I have yet to see anyone there dressed head to toe completely in one designer. Just disregard the fact that people on TFS taste maybe a bit more expensive, I don't find it any different than this bbs, in fact I generally prefer it as there is more variety in terms of discussions and taste.

Edited by mouko on Dec 6, 2005 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:

i think the collection is really nice to be honest.. just thought that store had the shittest model ever!!

A buyer on the fashion spot just commented that the models are the actual models from the runway show.

--- Original message by mouko on Dec 6, 2005 06:16 PM

Funny, I don't remember any females in the runway show.

and when did luisaviaroma become a part of LVMH? I don't think they would allow anything close to that. Compare that site to eLuxury. I honestly believe luisaviaroma would have a much better sell through if they shot/styled/showcased the product better.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by mouko on Dec 6, 2005 06:16 PM

Funny, I don't remember any females in the runway show.

and when did luisaviaroma become a part of LVMH? I don't think they would allow anything close to that. Compare that site to eLuxury. I honestly believe luisaviaroma would have a much better sell through if they shot/styled/showcased the product better.

--- Original message by lost on Dec 6, 2005 11:43 PM

The female pictures are due in part to the petite sizings being offered (which on Luisaviaroma are being categorized under womenswear, because dior petites are popular among women shoppers)

I don't know about luisa being apart of LVMH since they sell Burberry. But I do agree the pics on luisa are extremely altered and horrible.

I don't disagree that DH looks great on the right woman. If anyone has seen the story with Kate in Another Man she looks better in the clothing than 95 percent of men that are wearing it. It is a shame that they make some really nice clothing look like crap. I get the same feeling everytime I am brave enough to walk into century 21. Last week when I went in there they had a ton of Gucci, Cloak and Costume National and just the presentation and care of it made it look like it belonged on the same rack as Nautica.

Quote:

I have to disagree. If you ever go into the "what are you wearing today" thread you will see that people mix and match looks and desingers and all have unique stylings. The seperated threads, such as the dior homme thread, are created just to discuss the designers and clothes, but I have yet to see anyone there dressed head to toe completely in one designer. Just disregard the fact that people on TFS taste maybe a bit more expensive, I don't find it any different than this bbs, in fact I generally prefer it as there is more variety in terms of discussions and taste.

Edited by mouko on Dec 6, 2005 at 08:09 PM

--- Original message by mouko on Dec 6, 2005 08:07 PM

I dunno man I visited the Fashion Spot a couple times and each time I either 1) laughed really hard or 2) wanted to puke. Either way, it didn't last long. I saw a couple of kids head to toe in Dior, with the Dior emo haircut and sunglasses and the "oh god kill me please, I'm so rich that I'm miserable" look. Pleaaase. Save it.

Quote: i like the cut of the dh blazers i've seen in photos, you can't get that stuff here, and i wondered is the construction fused or floating canvas?

back to dior, i asked this for a reason. everyone agrrees that the cotton goods and prints are overpriced.

but i have a feeling that the tailored lines are too much also.

i think that like most designer suits they are fused construction and therefore will bubble and distort before the fabric wears out.

it's like putting cheap rivets and buttons on selvedge jeans. 1500 euros is alot to pay for a fused canvas jacket.

teisco.gif