Most overrated brands

MilSpex

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bape - lame as fuck, literally who buys bape

Supreme - boring, unimaginative brand

Jordan - make the ugliest sneakers that aren't sketchers

Balmain - a high fashion brand that actually sells t-shirts with hashtags non-ironically. No more needs to be said

SLP - I actually like the fit of the clothes but not worth the hype for what is essentially topman meets charity shop with better quality materials imo

Yeezy - 350s and 750s are nice but no brand can really justify the attention that yeezy has received, plus the clothes are very basic

Off-White - really nothing amazing so far as silhouettes, and based on what friends have told me materials aren't great

Alexander Wang - if beige were a brand this would be it

Louboutin - nice shoes (for women) but really I don't see anything too amazing about them, especially compared to Iris van Herpen and the like

Stone Island - don't think this is huge in the US but in the UK I see bare people going on and it's just boring clothes with a compass on them

Givenchy - liked what Hubert de Givenchy did but not fond of the direction Tisci has taken the brand, too easy

Could probs think of a few more but I think I should stop here aha

• 2 months later...

<<<WTB bape

all i see kids wearing around here that's bape is that AAPE shit. dont like

anyone want a bape iphone case? just upgraded so it doesnt fit

• 5 weeks later...

With all the hype right now I'd put Y-3 on this list. Some cool stuff design-wise, but so much of it is far from practical or even sable, but it still sells out in minutes.

Edited by emenel

Supreme - boring, unimaginative brand

Jordan - make the ugliest sneakers that aren't sketchers

Balmain - a high fashion brand that actually sells t-shirts with hashtags non-ironically. No more needs to be said

SLP - I actually like the fit of the clothes but not worth the hype for what is essentially topman meets charity shop with better quality materials imo

Yeezy - 350s and 750s are nice but no brand can really justify the attention that yeezy has received, plus the clothes are very basic

Off-White - really nothing amazing so far as silhouettes, and based on what friends have told me materials aren't great

Alexander Wang - if beige were a brand this would be it

Louboutin - nice shoes (for women) but really I don't see anything too amazing about them, especially compared to Iris van Herpen and the like

Stone Island - don't think this is huge in the US but in the UK I see bare people going on and it's just boring clothes with a compass on them

Givenchy - liked what Hubert de Givenchy did but not fond of the direction Tisci has taken the brand, too easy

Could probs think of a few more but I think I should stop here aha

cringe every time I read this

I'm actually purging a bunch of old streetwear tees I had laying around my garage that I haven't worn in years. sadly, I used to be into Bape, Supreme, SSUR, etc, but now cannot stand them anymore. I counted around 50 graphic tees that I will be donating to the thriftstore just so I don't have to look at this crap. the majority of it is stuff I bought 16 yrs ago.

• 2 weeks later...

With all the hype right now I'd put Y-3 on this list. Some cool stuff design-wise, but so much of it is far from practical or even sable, but it still sells out in minutes.

IDK man, Y-3 made almost nothing but huge logo garbage for the last zillion years, and they (as in the corporate division) finally stumbled upon a good looking shoe, they're milking it to death. Now that techwear is a "thing", Y-3 is *SLOWLY* changing for the better. I still think most of their clothing is very overpriced for Made In China, that eventually ends up on whatever interweb sale rack, but I actually look at their stuff and think about maybe buying some vs. some dumb hoodie with Y-3 written on it.

Still would just rather buy used Pour Homme.

• 2 months later...

dunno if i can't rock it/look like a hobo normally, but i tried on a bunch of visvim stuff and looked like i had robbed some bohemian kids at coachella this year