Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

The image they used for the base is the cover of a reproduction/reprint of an 1908 Sears Roebuck catalog!

I'd post a pic of mine but I'm not exactly at home...

Instead I found this:

Very nice info cotton, so reproduction denim is not always making the same high quality vintage jeans but also the accessories, I love this and this is the good way to remind us about how great the old creation was.

I also have been wanting the 02 ('66) cut and have been debating between fabrics 13, 14 and 16...it's hard to tell from that picture but each respective fabric type seemingly has a lot of potential...I asked about each in an e-mail but we'll have to wait until after the Mammoth Free Market event ends this weekend for a reply...

They just told me that no 41 is pretty much one of the darkest and heaviest fabrics, so I'll be going with that. Can't get the size right (probably a translation problem), I can't figure out what size to get if I want something around 87cm post-wash (they told me that W34 is 82 cm post-wash, or atleast I think that's what they meant...)

I just received the samples too - some really nice looking fabrics.

Also, (maybe people already have this), some of the weights:

No.14 unsanforized right hand twill Selvage denim 13.5-14oz red line

No.15 unsanforized right hand twill Selvage denim 13.5oz red line

No.16 unsanforized right hand twill Selvage denim 13.5oz red(black) line

No.17 unsanforized left hand twill Selvage denim 13-13.5oz red line(side yarn: brown)

No.18 unsanforized right hand twill Selvage denim 12oz red line

so many to choose!

I've been Emailing with them a few weeks back.

What I've been really happy about is that it's almost custom.

Since I'm tall I asked for a longer inseam, and they said no problem free of charge.

They even offered me to chose for the rivets, the buttons and the patch, and to send me the denim samples, and all of that still in a very reasonable range of prices.

Though I didn't find out what are the different options for the hardware on their website.

Don't know if they'll be able to handle the amount of orders with the customs requests but this brand definitely has my heart.

I just started my Lee Vintage 101 1944, but I think I might get one of their 47 and 1870 while I still can ask for a longer inseam.

whoever orders the 50's or 60's model: please post your fits ASAP! I am very curious to see how they fit...

It also looks like they do a variety of backpocket stitching? kinda neat, but as with all things custom it can be easy to get carried away and end up with something that you don't really love after a while... if I were to do it, I'd stick to simple geometric shapes.

Seems like my fat ass is going to have to get a W35. Everything ended up at 25 000 with shipping, a little more than I wanted to spend but hey

E: To clarify: I tried on a pair of LVC 1947s which supposedly are similar in sizing. W34 was perfect in the waist pre-soak. Does this mean I should get a W35 (unsanforized), or get a W34 and just soak the legs and stretch the waist out?

Seems like my fat ass is going to have to get a W35. Everything ended up at 25 000 with shipping, a little more than I wanted to spend but hey

E: To clarify: I tried on a pair of LVC 1947s which supposedly are similar in sizing. W34 was perfect in the waist pre-soak. Does this mean I should get a W35 (unsanforized), or get a W34 and just soak the legs and stretch the waist out?

Any ideas?

honestly, it's hard to tell without having the denim at hand... My experience with unsanforized jeans is that for the most part, the waist will stretch out to the pre soak size. Depending on the denim, though, it can take long periods to do that. My SC 47s for example took maybe 2-3 weeks to do it, as they are a pretty dense weave; my WH DD's only take a few days since they are a looser weave.

It also depends on how you want them to fit in the legs. If you want it to fit a as close as possible, then I would go regular waist size and try and stretch it out; if you don't mind a little more room in the legs in exchange for a waist that will be more comfortable over all, then go up one.

Washing schedule also is a factor... if you usually go 6 months to a year without washing then you can probably afford to go true size. If you intend to wash fairly frequently (like eventually every month or so) then go up a little. Another thing to consider is that the repro cuts aren't really meant to be worn super tight...

Here is the email I got back from those interested in the Logger 1850 pants:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your email!

We are so happy.

The 1850's logger pants shrink about 2 inches by washing.

W34 shrinks to W32 by washing.

What kind of jeans do you always wear?

How much is size?

http://ooe-yofukuten.com/how%20to%20measure.html

Because I confirm it, please teach your size.

price 2005 (1850's logger pants) 12,600 yen

shipping cost 4000 yen

+commission

full price 17,540 yen

Your items will be ready around middle of December.

Thank you,

OOE YOFUKUTEN &CO.

Ryo and hiro

So now I'm just trying to determine what size to get, but I'll probably end up placing an order next year.