supercollegelife: funny facts, rant, photos, help, stuff...

freecat

ucla is great, you're just not trying hard enough haha. people in frats aren't that crazy, and sorority girls are chill. Most of the ones i know are chill and are always down to smoke and kick it.

clubs are a nice way to meet more people i guess, but ive met most of the people through my building and classes. I'm even doing the pre-med route and found plenty of interesting people amongst the seas of asian and indian curve destroyers.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone who has transferred in the recent past: do I need to send out my scores from Collegeboard.com to my chosen transfer schools? Is there a way of updating my profile to show that I am a transfer student and NOT a incoming freshman - it's not very clear on the site.

most of my classmates just got their admission letters from UCR and cal states where as i have not. even if i was rejected they would have sent a letter right? so whats going on, could it be the fact that i chose to major in art that's taking them so long?

and would it affect my admissions if i take the cal state EPT (english placement test) on april 4th?

anyone who knows why please help me out, nervous as fuck

I've become the resident branespload of my college - I thrive on avoiding social interaction. The only time I'm social could be categorized as class, saying "hi" to people in passing, and occasionally sitting with people at meals, but other than that, I stay in my room (unless I'm at the gym).

My god I'm depressed. The only time I have proper social interactions is when I go into NYC.

:(

yo maxie

read osamu dazai's no longer human

it will be both depressing and cathartic

Lemme borrow a copy or sumfin.

EDIT: sid, I'm not even a sophomore, and I won't be in a slump when I'm away from a place that makes me unhappy and somewhere where I want to be. That has all the makings of a "non-slump" setting.

I've become the resident branespload of my college - I thrive on avoiding social interaction. The only time I'm social could be categorized as class, saying "hi" to people in passing, and occasionally sitting with people at meals, but other than that, I stay in my room (unless I'm at the gym).

My god I'm depressed. The only time I have proper social interactions is when I go into NYC.

Are you clinically depressed or do you just not wanna hang out around the campus?

Are you clinically depressed or do you just not wanna hang out around the campus?

I was diagnosed with depression a while ago, and it runs in my family, but I am a pretty happy person. It's more or less being depressed that I still have another 2.5 months of school, regardless of whether my transfer apps turn out positively. It's the daunting notion of having to subject others to my unhappiness (or not) as well, because I hate when I feel like I'm putting on others. I have friends, and I do try to socialize, but I find I dislike the people here more than I let on and frankly, I'm over the place as a whole. Situationally, yes, I am depressed, but on the whole, no I am not suffering from clinical depression (situational depression is a common form and something I've always known was part of my personality).

lol you n00b. I decided to make an effort to make friends and socialize, so I decided to hang out over the weekend and find people to play Smash with. So this past Friday I had a little smashfest with some 2nd years, got too caught up in the game, and went to dinner just before the cafeteria closed, instead of going home in the afternoon and forgetting about staying at school like I normally would. Unfortunately for me, my new friends and I ate dinner at the same time CJ got his bag swiped..

So maybe you should avoid social interaction, otherwise you'll get the popo comin thru and some legendary internet serious business gets real type shiet going on.

lol you n00b. I decided to make an effort to make friends and socialize, so I decided to hang out over the weekend and find people to play Smash with. So this past Friday I had a little smashfest with some 2nd years, got too caught up in the game, and went to dinner just before the cafeteria closed, instead of going home in the afternoon and forgetting about staying at school like I normally would. Unfortunately for me, my new friends and I ate dinner at the same time CJ got his bag swiped..

So maybe you should avoid social interaction, otherwise you'll get the popo comin thru and some legendary internet serious business gets real type shiet going on.

hahahaha

got me there

but I don't play video games

and I spend most of my weekends in NY either getting drunk with Dino, getting drunk with various other sufu'ers, getting drunk with my brother, or going to museums. No bag snatching though.

^ :( what's wrong with videogames? i just don't dig the idea of being in a loud, smoky, dark room with a bunch of drunken people that won't even remember my name the next morning.. seems like a waste of time. (but i'll probably try it sooner or later lol)

After I beat that du at the tournament he threw chairs, ripped his controller out and damn near broke my hand when I shook it.

^ :( what's wrong with videogames? i just don't dig the idea of being in a loud, smoky, dark room with a bunch of drunken people that won't even remember my name the next morning.. seems like a waste of time. (but i'll probably try it sooner or later lol)

After I beat that du at the tournament he threw chairs, ripped his controller out and damn near broke my hand when I shook it.

Well, obviously you're not hanging out with the right kind of people to experience those situations. I relish them and make a point of relegating myself to the smokiest, darkest, drunkest corner of the room.

(ten, but seriously.)

Besides studying, homework, eating, and sleeping in my apartment. I don't really do much. My social life is whack, my extra curricular activities consist of the gym and a shitload of basketball...

Besides studying, homework, eating, and sleeping in my apartment. I don't really do much. My social life is whack, my extra curricular activities consist of the gym and a shitload of basketball...

This is pretty much how it is at every college. I've noticed at Monmouth, that if you don't live there, you're pretty much gonna have a hard time talking to people. It's a totally different kind of world when your a don't live on campus.

The few times that I've told people that I don't live on campus, I felt like they treated me totally different that someone who live near the campus or on it.

I also felt that some people don't want to let you into their inner circles, even if you find people who you can hang out with. I've noticed that it's mainly the greeks or people who still think that they are in high school.

although i spend copious amounts of time getting drunk, going to clubs and/or being hung over, my social life here is kinda garbage. i have a habit of sitting in the front of every lecture hall which pretty much nobody else does except for the really eager 30-40 year old people where nobody knows why they're even at the lecture.

i haven't gotten a single phone call or text today. some indie kids asked me to come see the mystery jets with them on thursday but i spent today being sick in bed and watching top chef instead of buying the ticket. there's a formal meal on friday but i'm contemplating not to go because it's randomly seated. on saturday i'm going to watch notorious with one other person (nobody here probably even knows who biggie is)

basically i've been in an antisocial slump for 2-3 weeks now. happens i guess.

I sit in the front too. I can't be bothered with sitting in the back because it's where socializing goes on, my poor eyesight doesn't justify it, but my lack of interest in anyone at this school reinforces the decision.

Go to the dinner Money, could be some cute CWG's to wrangle.