Imperial Jeans

nairb49

Still look great! I really want to find a pair of denim that has insanely bright blue instead of the dark blue we're used to post fading. Something that can be high contrast and higher blue. So far I dunno though.

Imperial doesn't fade like Flathead or Skulls. Those are what I recommend as they fade fast if you wear them every day.

^ You can get imperials to stretch a ton if you put some work in it. I couldn't button the first 2 at the top when I first got them, but now I can sag them a wee bit after a week.

i got all the buttons, but i had limited to no range of motion. they were really tight on my butt and thighs, so i don't think they will stretch enough for me

i got all the buttons, but i had limited to no range of motion. they were really tight on my butt and thighs, so i don't think they will stretch enough for me

When I got my Shearers I could barley get any buttons done up, after an hour I had them on and could barley move. About a week in with not really walking or doing anything they where still tight, Then I went to Toronto had a day of walking and they loosened up a lot, After 35 days they are still pretty tight in the waist area and the top button hole kind of ripped.

If you got your pants on without hiking them into your asshole I think you should be fine.

I emailed Imperial regarding the differences between each of the styles/cuts. This is what they had to say:

Here are the main differences in the three cuts;

Dukes: A fitted jean with a slight bootleg. Medium rise.

Shearers: A shearing pant, loser from the knee up and slimmer from the

knee down. High rise.

Kings: Our more relaxed cut. Relaxed through the whole jean with a much

wider opening than the duke. Medium rise.

Hope this helps

Guest heathunter881

how much will Kings stretch after a full month of wear? i typically don't do lots of activity with my denim since i work in an office environment, but i'll still walk with them and do regular stuff. i picked up a size 32, but the size i want to achieve is a 33 so it falls exactly on my hips with a little sag.

also, will the thigh area stretch similar to the waist? mine fits pretty snug right now. just curious if i should get a buy a size 33 or stick with the 32.

Thanks,

If you're going to depocket these pants do it when you get them. As I broke them in the stitching prevented some wallet and phone fade as you can see in the pictures.

I discovered the best way to remove the stitching was to go on the inside of the back pocket and cut as many threads as possible with an exacto knife and then pluck the threads either with your fingers or pliers from the visible side. The arcuates were stitched in pretty well and were very thick so it took me a while to finish.

To be honest I loved the loudness of the back stitching but one or two weeks ago I realized that was not what I wanted anymore and thats when the stitching had to go. If you're going to pull the threads from these pants why don't you just buy a pair that has a plain pocket?

^^^^

good wear on those, i am tossing up whether to get a pair of 19cm dh indigo

or a pair of imperial shearers indigo and have the same intention for the back pocket as you did.

. If you're going to pull the threads from these pants why don't you just buy a pair that has a plain pocket?

I agree, but that might be because I love the stitching on the back pockets.