Imperial Jeans

nairb49

dunno if it will be different on the bigger sized shearers but i have the blacks in a 28.

i've probably got about 3 weeks worth of wear (had them for maybe over a month) and they waist has come down nicely, but the pocket areas are still tight and the hips are still tight. and they slouch a little too but not heaps atm. im hoping that changes soon, gonna go into hardcore everyday mode fro the 2 months

i've worn my shearers for about maybe 1.5 months (had em for about 4 months, though) and i have the same thing. the waist is actually too big but the pockets and hips are tight as hell, even when they're pulled up a bunch.

i just said fuck it and moved on.

Guest heathunter881

i recently picked up a pair of Kings in a size 32. my true size is probably a 33 since i gained some weight. will this stretch comfortably to my size? i want the denim to sag some what but not too much.

another thing, im going to get this hemmed down to about a 34 (i'm about 5'6-5'7), make it into a straight leg and taper it down. what's a good size to taper it? my whole purpose of buying this was so i can wear it when im wearing wider shoes (sbs, am95s, p-rods, etc.). tapering it to 9 inch should be fine or should i go smaller, 8.8? i don't want the hem to be way too wide.

let me know what you guys think. it's my first time getting anything tailored.

i recently picked up a pair of Kings in a size 32. my true size is probably a 33 since i gained some weight. will this stretch comfortably to my size? i want the denim to sag some what but not too much.

another thing, im going to get this hemmed down to about a 34 (i'm about 5'6-5'7), make it into a straight leg and taper it down. what's a good size to taper it? my whole purpose of buying this was so i can wear it when im wearing wider shoes (sbs, am95s, p-rods, etc.). tapering it to 9 inch should be fine or should i go smaller, 8.8? i don't want the hem to be way too wide.

let me know what you guys think. it's my first time getting anything tailored.

I have a pair of Imperial Kings in a size 29, the stock hem on them was 8.7 inches. I had the tailor hem to 35 inches and chainstitch the jeans, as they're far too loose at the hem for attractive stacking with the stock 37 inch inseam.

After hemming, my leg opening measures roughly 8.5 inches, and is still long enough for appealing stacks and bulges.

KingHem29.jpg

I wear Nike SBs often; here are some fit pictures of the lower leg on my jeans with a pair of SB lows.

KingHem291.jpg

MyImage.jpg

MyImagem.jpg

MyImagett.jpg

I would say that an ~8.5 inch hem is just about ideal for pairing with SB lows and mids, given you're tucking your jeans behind the tongue. If you wear hightops a lot and tuck behind the tongue, you might even want to go tighter; when wearing hightops the stackings on my Kings bulge out quite a lot due to the wide leg. It's definitely still wearable however. I can take fit pics for you with highs on, if you want.

As for the stretching, yes, they will stretch out and sag and fit you loose after a week or so of wear. I almost wish I'd bought a size 28 instead, mine are almost a little too slouchy for a mid/high rise jean.

Guest heathunter881
I have a pair of Imperial Kings in a size 29, the stock hem on them was 8.7 inches. I had the tailor hem to 35 inches and chainstitch the jeans, as they're far too loose at the hem for attractive stacking with the stock 37 inch inseam.

After hemming, my leg opening measures roughly 8.5 inches, and is still long enough for appealing stacks and bulges.

KingHem29.jpg

I wear Nike SBs often; here are some fit pictures of the lower leg on my jeans with a pair of SB lows.

KingHem291.jpg

MyImage.jpg

MyImagem.jpg

MyImagett.jpg

I would say that an ~8.5 inch hem is just about ideal for pairing with SB lows and mids, given you're tucking your jeans behind the tongue. If you wear hightops a lot and tuck behind the tongue, you might even want to go tighter; when wearing hightops the stackings on my Kings bulge out quite a lot due to the wide leg. It's definitely still wearable however. I can take fit pics for you with highs on, if you want.

As for the stretching, yes, they will stretch out and sag and fit you loose after a week or so of wear. I almost wish I'd bought a size 28 instead, mine are almost a little too slouchy for a mid/high rise jean.

the hem opening for a size 32 King is 9.5. that's huge! i'm not sure how much fabric will be cut after they make the fit into a straight leg though. i wear sbs too but i don't stick the tongue out. i own a pair of LVC 5011947s with a 8.5 hem opening. i want my Kings to be less tapered than my LVC because the leg openng looks pretty small when wearing a pair of AM95s or SBs without sticking the tounge out.

^those sbtg lace covers are hideous.... take them off

Thanks for your opinion, I'll take it into consideration ;)

the hem opening for a size 32 King is 9.5. that's huge! i'm not sure how much fabric will be cut after they make the fit into a straight leg though. i wear sbs too but i don't stick the tongue out. i own a pair of LVC 5011947s with a 8.5 hem opening. i want my Kings to be less tapered than my LVC because the leg openng looks pretty small when wearing a pair of AM95s or SBs without sticking the tounge out.

Yeah, the larger sized Kings have a fairly brutal bootcut going on. Tailoring them into a straight leg from the knee down will definitely help a lot, but I don't think it will take the hem below ~9 inches or so.

By the way, I find it odd that I received negative rep for going out of my way to take all these pictures in an attempt to assist someone.

Guest heathunter881
Thanks for your opinion, I'll take it into consideration ;)

Yeah, the larger sized Kings have a fairly brutal bootcut going on. Tailoring them into a straight leg from the knee down will definitely help a lot, but I don't think it will take the hem below ~9 inches or so.

By the way, I find it odd that I received negative rep for going out of my way to take all these pictures in an attempt to assist someone.

i don't think tailoring will make the hem down to 9 inches either. 9 inch around the hem sounds good though.

don't trip off people hating on your style. what's yours is yours so be true to yourself and you'll sit pretty.

After lurking this thread for so long and reading what everyone else had to say about fits/sizing, I'm really dumbfounded as to how everyone can go true to size and still have slim-ish fits. I guess it's just extremely different body builds?

I first got a pair of indigo dukes, true waist 31.5, and I got a size 29. Size down 2.5. I loved how they fit when I got em'(slim, but not fitted) but after a week or so they stretched way too much for my liking. Then 2 weeks ago ordered a pair of black Dukes, sizing down 3.5 (size 28). Slimmer, but should stretch out to a good fit.

This was the first day wearing em, so had to wear them sortof high.

whatoneswearing-2.png

stickers086.jpg

solo, i'm sure some slimmer dudes appreciate your sizing help but i must call you on your "true waist." according to your post, your true waist is about .5" larger than mine. let me just tell you now: i'm not that tall, and i've got a gut. you're ridiculously skinnier than me yet you have a bigger true waist...

so, maybe 31.5" is maybe where you wear your jeans at (i.e., if you slouch or sag) but no way can that be the measurement of your true waist (below the ribs, above the navel).