Imperial Jeans

nairb49

Thanks for the comments on the Dukes everyone :). Helped me out a lot with deciding whether to keep these. I'm 80% towards keeping em, but I still have 3 days to decide. I can't help but be neurotic with this, if I have any interest in doing what's best for my bank account it'll be at least a year before I drop $265 on a pair of jeans again haha.

Hi guys.. so i just received by sz.33 dukes (blues) and the waist was way too big for me... so i'm gonna return them. The measurements came out to be really close to what's on the selfedge website has.

To be exact.. a sz.33 dukes (blue) measurements are:

34" - 34.5" waist (depends on if you pull up the front and the back evenly)

12" thigh from crotch-out

11.5" thigh from 3" below crotch

8.5" leg opening

Looks like i'll need a sz.31... too bad the leg opening is only gonna be about 7.75"

If you did a hot soak for an hour it would shrink the length about 1" and the waist about .5"..

i think if you soaked it initially it would be harder to get some creases and fade started since it has less starch. i just wore mine after i bought them. no point in soaking when saforanized

I agree with your points in that it would be harder to get creases however I soaked / hot tumble dried my Imperials and they shrunk a fair bit. Still way too big for me so I got them tapered massively .. Still need to get the hem done, I'll post pics around the end of this week.

I fucking love the back pocket stitching... beautiful... but I can't stand mid/high rise denim... on context it says you can slouch the dukes (a high rise) but slouching wouldn't look right with my style... has imperial ever done a moderately low rise jean? will they? can't sleep until I know.

I agree with your points in that it would be harder to get creases however I soaked / hot tumble dried my Imperials and they shrunk a fair bit. Still way too big for me so I got them tapered massively .. Still need to get the hem done, I'll post pics around the end of this week.

FIT PICS NOWWWW!!!

i'm in the same boat as you, also got them tapered massively, it's under the table now as we speak so i dunno how its gonna be yet...would never hem though...stack stack stack

I fucking love the back pocket stitching... beautiful... but I can't stand mid/high rise denim... on context it says you can slouch the dukes (a high rise) but slouching wouldn't look right with my style... has imperial ever done a moderately low rise jean? will they? can't sleep until I know.

no no no no no now go to sleep

yeah the back stitching grew on me too...girly's like it:p

here is a pic of my ideal fit to look like... i love the stacking on these...

yours on the other hand, royhuang, you might want to trim off a couple of inches... the stacking is good on the very bottom.. but the stacking on the knee is too much!

sexih0.jpg

Huh?

That photo is from Ayn wearing the Self Edge x Iron Heart collaboration.. you won't really get that fit from a pair of Imperials.

the waist isnt tight at all i think i actually might need a belt pretty soon because when ever i bend over or try to pick up something they just slide down a little no big deal just a little loose on me im 5'5 @ 150 pds

hey royhuang... how tight is the waist btw? i just ordered the blue dukes in sz.32... i'm about 142lb and 5'6".....the guy at denim bar measured the waist to 33" to be precise, can you confirm? Anyone, w/ experience, know how they'll stretch on the waist if it's a good fit to begin with? thanks

Huh?

That photo is from Ayn wearing the Self Edge x Iron Heart collaboration.. you won't really get that fit from a pair of Imperials.

sorry.. this pic was in no way related to the imperial fit.... it was just an idea of what fit i liked... too tight for me personally tho... would be able to pull it off.

But i DID post it to show the stacking i admired. =)

I'm looking for a fairly slimmer look on the dukes. What size should i get? I wear a 28 for APCs or 30 in other jeans. Should i get a 29?

Fairly similar to what?