Imperial Jeans

nairb49

indigo_junkie, the fit looks really great.

it seems dukes are the most popular imperial line...

yah, I liked them better than the kings. They were so skin tight on me though, when I first got them. The guy at Another took one look at my legs and recommended the Kings (it was so tight on the legs, the weft threads were getting distorted). But as painful as the Dukes were, I just liked the look of them better than the kings. (lucky too, because if the denim is the same on both jeans, the Kings would have stretched out too much, but the Dukes - just right).

imp02.jpg

Finally figured out how to use the timer thingy on my shitty camera phone. Will try to take better pics once I get my hands on my dad's cybershot. For the curious, 5'9" 178lbs siz 34 Dukes. RM Williams belt.

Getting some black ones laaaaater in the year.

Do yours have the new smaller pockets? I saw some of the newer models at Nomad in Toronto, and it doesn't seem like the pockets are significantly smaller...only a little bit. I had to look at the leather patch to even confirm that they were the new models.

I own APC NS in 27, and I think I'm going to order the black dukes in 28, since my APCs are slightly loose on top, is this a mistake?

you get 1 size down from the size you want your dukes to stay at..

all the jeans i get stretch out to 32 inches

so i got a 31.....31 dukes measure a 32 waist...just wear a belt...stretching is minimal

imp03.jpg

Franklin wanted to see what the stacking would look like. The inseam is like 37 inches, so there's a whole lot of stacking on my end. I'm 5'9" which is a good 5" inches shorter than 6'2".

I should hem, esp. with jeans like this one, but until they've been beaten and washed to death so I know 'for sure' that they aren't going to shrink any further, I'm just a bit hesitant to do so (too many bad experiences). Plus I like it a little messy near the ankles.

For the curious, I'm wearing my RM Williams Henley's in chestnut. They're about 3 years old, but only get about a dozen wears a year. I use them mainly as a dress boot.

So I'm thinking about getting the indigo Dukes but I can't decide which size should I get.

I think I could probably squeeze into 33, but as I have big thighs, I'm worried it could be really uncomfortable. I'm 5'11", 185 lbs, and as a reference I'm 31 in APC Rescues (though they are a little loose on the waist).

rescdo2.jpg

Basically, I want a fit similar to the apcs but slimmer in the legs. So, what's your take on it, should I go with 33 or 34?

i never owned a pair of Rescues.

but from my experience, going one or two sizes down from your actual waist should not be a problem.

i sized down one and my dukes have stretched alot in 3.5 months.

they used to fit snugly at the waist and thighs but now they are roomier, especially in the waist.

would anyone be interested in a group buy from Context?

Apparently they Imps are not listed on the website because they're not allowed to sell them online right now, but they have them instock at the store.

Right now they retail for $245 (Self Edge has them for $265) and he's willing to do a groupbuy for 5+ orders (yes I am aware of the 25% first order discount...which without additional savings would be $183.75). Even 5% on top of that would be an awesome

I already have 3 people lined up including myself...anyone intereted in getting in on this? He said to call him back with a number of jeans and the sizes and he'd be willing to work something out.

I'd potentially be interested.

I would be a first time buyer.

Please tell me the potential price of shipping BLACK KINGS - SIZE 36 to UK including all group discounts etc. (total price)

Cheers

well i think the way it would work would be that one person (myself) would get all the jeans shipped to them and then they would then ship out the jeans individually to everyone who participated

shipping via USPS from San Diego to England varies between $15-30 USD

So I'm thinking about getting the indigo Dukes but I can't decide which size should I get.

I think I could probably squeeze into 33, but as I have big thighs, I'm worried it could be really uncomfortable. I'm 5'11", 185 lbs, and as a reference I'm 31 in APC Rescues (though they are a little loose on the waist).

Basically, I want a fit similar to the apcs but slimmer in the legs. So, what's your take on it, should I go with 33 or 34?

I just got Dukes in my normal waist size (30). For reference, I wear 28 in APC NS (if that helps). As of now, I've worn them maybe 5 times, and they're still VERY tight in the hip area, but I'm sure that will loosen up over time. Sam at Context will answer your sizing questions.

Blues. I wear 32 in EvenStevens, think I should get 32s in Dukes too?

I can fit in a 28 Straight-Sven, and got a 29 in dukes. (they didn't have a 28 in stock) But I'll be able to fit in a 28 dukes w/o a problem. They do stretch out a little with wear and shrink back to tagged size when washed/soaked.

Hope this helps.

would anyone be interested in a group buy from Context?

Apparently they Imps are not listed on the website because they're not allowed to sell them online right now, but they have them instock at the store.

Right now they retail for $245 (Self Edge has them for $265) and he's willing to do a groupbuy for 5+ orders (yes I am aware of the 25% first order discount...which without additional savings would be $183.75). Even 5% on top of that would be an awesome

I already have 3 people lined up including myself...anyone intereted in getting in on this? He said to call him back with a number of jeans and the sizes and he'd be willing to work something out.

i have 5 people...thats enough for a group buy but want to give another day for anyone else who wants to jump in on this

if you're getting kings dont worry about sizing down as i sized down 2 sizes and they streched a lot and now sit very comfortable if not perfect.

what's your waist size?

i have a pair of Nudie 33" RRDS..they've since stretched out a bit (but still fit me well) and i have a few inches in the waist. should i go down to 32" for the Kings?

Haha I think these are 260...AUD here in Oz

the only consolation for living in a jean desert like Australia. I was out in the city and counted 8 pairs of Ksubi and countless pairs of levis. At that moment I was truly glad I had my sexihos on. Just to be wearing something different...;)

Imperials seem to have weird sizing IMO. My waist is a pretty even 32, which is what I wear in A77, Dior, Lee but I needed a 34 Duke. Even then, it was really hard to button up when I was trying them on. Now after 3 months of wear, they are reasonably loose around the waist but not so much that I would want a smaller pair.

I am 6'1" and my height is in my legs. Even so the Dukes are pretty loose fitting jeans and stack quite a bit. Im thinking of getting them hemmed an inch or so. I wish Imperial would make an even more fitted pair than the dukes. The quality of the denim and the construction is argueably the best I have seen. But I would love a pair with a more fitted ass. Like someone else said the pockets and fit at the back makes your butt look "deflated" and looks like you are wearing them way below the waist.

the only consolation for living in a jean desert like Australia. I was out in the city and counted 8 pairs of Ksubi and countless pairs of levis. At that moment I was truly glad I had my sexihos on. Just to be wearing something different...;)

I'm seeing a huge variety of jeans in Sydney. I can't recognise most of them but I've only ever seen one other person in Imperials and he was browsing in Another while I was buying mine. And I've never seen any Japanese brands on anyone, even Evisu. You can be 100% sure you won't be seeing sexihos on anyone else in Sydney.

:( This board has caused two things to happen to me. One, I've ordered expensive jeans without first trying them on, and am now sadly contemplating buying another pair. Two, I'm now staring at everyone's butt especially if it's covered in denim; both male and female. I'm not sure which is worse but I think I now understand the term supergay.