Imperial Jeans

nairb49

i just got some black dukes -- do i need to wash them first to get all the shrinking out or can i just go ahead and wear em??

They are sanforized - hence the 31 waist actually being 31". I made a mistake with my first pair of Dukes and ordered the vanity size like APC or Nudie and I couldn't even button them.

evil crayon, are you a male or a female?!
Painted fingernais, shawed legs, anclebracet. Shoud be a girl!!
i hope it's a girl gawd...

good to see if it is.. Haven't seen a girl in dukes yet.. yikes

prolly the dudes gf. just an educated guess.

yeah, my girlfriend is just holding up my jeans so i could take a picture. however, she has a pair of nudies and wants some flatheads.

she's coming with me today to the flathead party at selfedge.

Operationjake and Skistar: Your right that my true waist size is probably more of a 30.5-31, but in terms of sizing down, that really isn't a factor. I measured where I usually wear my jeans, which may be sagged compared relative to others; but nonetheless, where I measured is where I'm wearing my dukes, as we speak even. So regardless of my "true waist size", I'm wearing them 3.5 sizes down, in the same spot as I'd wear any other pants.

correct me If I'm wrong, just explaining my thinking and trying to help out the other skinny dudes on here

no, half way down your ass may be 30.5-31", but your true waist is not.

do me a favor: bend over to your side while keeping your abdomen facing forward. see the crease above your navel but below your ribs? remember that spot. now, take a string and wrap it around your abdomen and mark where the string makes a complete circle. i guarantee that it's probably 28-29". that is your true waist. not trying to make you wrong, but it's sorta false confidence to tell others that your true waist is 31 and you can size down 3... when you're actually probably sizing down 1 at most or going true to size.

i'm only debating this because those of you that want a skinny fit and have a true 28-29" waist, a size 28 will do you fine!

you're not catching my drift. first of all:

correct me If I'm wrong,

okay, here's my correcting you so people later on don't make the mistake of sizing down 3 from their actual, real-deal true waist...

your true waist cannot be 31.5". it is impossible. the area below your hips may just measure 31.5", i can believe that. this area, however, is not referred to as your true waist. like i said, true waist = above navel, below ribs. therefore, not to be an asshole but purely for the well being of all prospective imperial denim owners, i judge your "sizing down 3" to be bullshit because of a false true waist given.

now both our posts are about sizing down!

harrumph.

Operationjake, now your just disregarding what he's saying for the sake of making yourself look right. You 2 are talking about 2 completely different things.

"So regardless of my "true waist size", I'm wearing them 3.5 sizes down, in the same spot as I'd wear any other pants."

He agreed with you, and your still argueing.

And if you have thunder thighs anyway, why are you telling someone who's wearing their own jeans their wrong? Harumph....lol.

much like newton and einstein's theories of speed and point of reference, in order to state what you're "sizing down" you need a reference. it tends to be a tradition of denim enthusiasts to post what their true waist is in order to have this (i.e., their true waist) as their point of reference for sizing down.

all i'm trying to say is that you did not actually size down 3. that's it. a more accurate statement, from what jumbled logic i'm reading, could be stated as: "i normally slouch my jeans to a place below my hips which measures 31.5". i, however, chose to buy a size 28 and this is what it looks like . . ."

i only give a shit becuase your original post is misleading. "I'm really dumbfounded as to how everyone can go true to size and still have slim-ish fits." uh, yeah, that's because your measurements are off.

ok so i have an impending crotch blowout on my sexi's.. just asking if anyone here has had a pair in black hemmed and has a piece of the left over denim say around 2" x 2" or anything that they would be willing to send away so i can fix mine and not have to resort to using anything else.. hit me up with a pm.. i will of course cover postage

tnx

[grey square] Imperial Denim 09-11-2008 01:57 AM Bendrix no one here cares about your crotch.

hahaha try and neg rep..lololololo

yes interesting and unfortunate... there is a line of stress. it's a pity cause i could have gone a size more down but didn't so this wouldn't happen.. Here is some pics so maybe you can take pity on me..

I would be willing to use blue denim off cuts. I might reinforce the other side as well, it appears that it is beginning on the other side as well.

Image012.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image010.jpg

:(

let me know

Seems to be a bit of a feature of black Imperials...my black Kings are in much the same state as jcotteri's jeans (a bit worse, perhaps), while my blue pair doesn't appear to be in any danger of blowing out just yet. They've been worn for about a year apiece.

I fixed my black ones with a mixture of black and grey thread, but it looks a bit dodgy. I figure nobody's going to be examining that portion of my pants too closely anyway.

With blue jeans, I use indigo threads picked out from an Imperial offcut...the threads are a bit short, but fine for darning incipient holes...some of the repairs are almost invisible.

It's a bit of a long shot, but it might be worth trying Richie at Another Inch -- that's where I got my offcuts from. One guy who got his jeans hemmed there got about four inches taken off, so that's where all my indigo threads come from! I've wondered if I should try getting onto him to see if he has any black denim, but keep forgetting as I haven't worn those jeans in ages anyway. Otherwise, anyone in Melbourne who carries Imperial and hems jeans for their customers will probably have some.

If you have no luck, I could probably spare some Imperial indigo denim...I think I've got a couple of two-inch offcuts lurking around...

holy shit mondo great to see you back on..

Yeh these things have been thrashed.. My dukes have all but been hung up for only casual wear and with a time my tastes have moved on to even more slim jeans than these.. So yeh i love these things to death and i already have found a solution. Thanks everyone for your offers..

Unfortunately Mondo Richie has shut down shop as far as i know a little less than a month ago. Sad times. But he still sells privately obviously not from store front.. This is of course unconfirmed except from emails he sent me. I was fortunate to stop in a few weeks before he did..He is such a lovely guy too. :o

Worn my dukes a few times and they have become a lot more comfortable specially around the crotch area - they were tight muthas. I've just noticed that the hem is wider than I like and seems really wide, and the fact i was wearing some chunky trainers on my clown feet seemed to extentuate matters.

Anyway, I noticed turning them up and reducing the stacking made them look better, comparing them to my APCs the inside leg is a few inches longer, question is...what's the consensus on getting them hemmed?

I'm wondering if it woudl have been a better bet plumping for the shearers...