Raw for Women

Becks23

Taken from "45rpm Sorahiko Nando x Nando *pics*" thread. Ms. Technicolor is a size 24, and these are a size 27. About 3 sizes too big for her, but a nice relaxing fit nonetheless.

img0472rc8.th.jpg

img0473fu5.th.jpg

img0474uu6.th.jpg

img0479nz0.th.jpg

img0482wu8.th.jpg

hey I'm looking to get some raw denums for my girl but I'm running into problems with sizing. she's got a 28'' waist but 39'' hips so it's tough to find a pair that can accomodate that difference.

any suggestions for overcoming the hip barrier? she figures if she drops like 4'' she'll be in a better position to find nice jeans..

my grifters look awesome on her, though they're too tiny to get past her hips. stacking and honeycombs look so so nice and she's all for it, so any help provided would be doubly appreciated.

hey I'm looking to get some raw denums for my girl but I'm running into problems with sizing. she's got a 28'' waist but 39'' hips so it's tough to find a pair that can accomodate that difference.

any suggestions for overcoming the hip barrier? she figures if she drops like 4'' she'll be in a better position to find nice jeans..

my grifters look awesome on her, though they're too tiny to get past her hips. stacking and honeycombs look so so nice and she's all for it, so any help provided would be doubly appreciated.

Be careful man...that could be a pretty disastrous present if she's not expecting them. Raw denim makes a lot of girls uncomfortable.

nah it's not a surprise. she was enthusing to me last night about how nice raw denim felt compared to the shitty stretch stuff in most girls' jeans.

she was crushing on Imperial shearers but it's the waist that makes it impossible - no way to get past her hips. but they'd fit fine otherwise.

kind of a pain, seems like I'd have to find something with a 39'' waist, but all the rest of the measurements would be way too big.

it's just a matter either finding a pair that fit her now or waiting till she can fit some more mainstream cuts.

nah it's not a surprise. she was enthusing to me last night about how nice raw denim felt compared to the shitty stretch stuff in most girls' jeans.

she was crushing on Imperial shearers but it's the waist that makes it impossible - no way to get past her hips. but they'd fit fine otherwise.

kind of a pain, seems like I'd have to find something with a 39'' waist, but all the rest of the measurements would be way too big.

it's just a matter either finding a pair that fit her now or waiting till she can fit some more mainstream cuts.

coming from a girl with the same issue, you might want to check out this thread that i started:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=46961

also, i would try to find jeans for the body she has now, since dropping 4" is kind of major, and better to love and dress what you've got - if she does lose those inches, what better excuse to buy another pair anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

Next week I'm going to L.A. and San Francisco and plan on hitting up American Rag and Self Edge...any reccomendations for raw denim that fits well and has great fading? I've been dissapointed with my last two raw purchases (Nudie Thin Finn and Proportion Blu, though I love the fit of both) because they barely faded even after months of wear. Stacking is okay, and I'm not looking for a super skinny fit.

oh and are there any unisex fits that you guys like too?

yeah those skulls will fade pretty quickly ...at first.

my favorite unisex fit are those thin finns you don't like (and a77, but those aren't for fades).

...how many times have you washed them and after how much wear?

sycamore--what kind of shoes does yer gf wear w/ her lindas?

^yeah thanks for the reccomendation, tangerine also told me to try those out! Are there different washes? The leg on those is nice, not too slim. Good rise too.

The Nudies I wore 4-5 times a week for like three months, until I got fed up and threw them in the wash. I still love them because they're the most flattering jeans I own, I think I'm going to get another pair when at American Rag. They stretch like two sizes though, I washed them so they'd shrink up.

The Proportion of Blu's I honestly haven't worn that much since I got them in December, though I should. The hem is sliced off and cuffed and the leg is just a bit bootcut, they're perfect, just no fading yet.

thought i'd post some fit pics of my 45rpm nandos. (thanks john!)

the fit is nice and relaxed, a nice break from my other skinny jeans. the indigo is such a decadent rich hue, but as others have attested, the nando sumi nando is really difficult to take pictures of! i guess the elusive subtlety only adds to their appeal. the brass rivets compliment the denim well and i'm lovin the higher but not too high waist. signature red selvedge too.

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

oh yea, curse them for not making them just a size smaller.

^yeah thanks for the reccomendation, tangerine also told me to try those out! Are there different washes? The leg on those is nice, not too slim. Good rise too.

The Nudies I wore 4-5 times a week for like three months, until I got fed up and threw them in the wash. I still love them because they're the most flattering jeans I own, I think I'm going to get another pair when at American Rag. They stretch like two sizes though, I washed them so they'd shrink up.

The Proportion of Blu's I honestly haven't worn that much since I got them in December, though I should. The hem is sliced off and cuffed and the leg is just a bit bootcut, they're perfect, just no fading yet.

The problem may be the type of denim that you have. I think most Thin Finns have some lycra in them (I don't know anything about proportion of Blu, though). Jean with stretch in them tend to fade slower than jeans without. This is because there is less abrasion because of the give of the fabric. If you're looking for something that'll fade a little faster, try something without stretch. I don't know if those Lindas have stretch, but those might be worth a try. Nudie Grim Tims are pretty much the same fit as Thin Finns, but without the stretch and with different back pocket placement, so those might be worth a shot.

It is also worth noting that stretch denim DOES fade, just slower. My gf developed some nice honeycombs on a pair of sevens that she had, much to my jealousy/pride :cool:

^yeah you're so right about the stretch, I'll have to see if I can find the Grim Tims, they sound cool. Proportion of Blu has nooo stretch at all, those are downright crunchy...I'm making it my goal to get some fade going on them by the beginning of summer.

do any girls here like april77?

The Nandos fit really good Su_Ku. It seems like 45 rpm seems to cater more to woman's clothing than mens. At least on the japanese website's online store, Most of the clothing styles are for the ladies. The best part of the nadoxnando is the indigo blue color, very unique.

i have several pairs...april 77's in joey overdrive 1955, sling & stones rachel selvage (super lowrise & amazing craftsmanship), skull lindas o/w, and just got a brand new pair of good society women's straight. i must admit that, out of all of them, the overall quality and flattering fit/look of the good societys really amazed me. retailed at $90, these jeans are awesome. they aren't selvage, which is the only down part, but i wouldn't hesitate buying another pair. the sizing on these are generous... i usually wear a 27 in other brands, but this one i went for 25; the legs fit great, but the waist is a little bit tight (but i know they will stretch to fit perfectly). nevertheless, the other 3 pairs are great choices of denim for women.

for sizing reference (i usually wear a sz 27 in women's denim):

april 77's - sz. 27, but should have sized down to 26.

s&s's in synthetic indigo - sz. 26 (these were super stiff at first and difficult to put on, but eventually i was glad i sized down one)

skull lindas - sz. 3. good fit around the waist and thighs, but lots of room around the calves (not for those who prefer the skinny jean look)

good society - sz. 25. great fit on the legs, little tight around the waist, but overall fine. if not comfortable with sizing down 2, AT LEAST size down 1 from your usual size.

thought i'd post some fit pics of my 45rpm nandos. (thanks john!)

the fit is nice and relaxed, a nice break from my other skinny jeans. the indigo is such a decadent rich hue, but as others have attested, the nando sumi nando is really difficult to take pictures of! i guess the elusive subtlety only adds to their appeal. the brass rivets compliment the denim well and i'm lovin the higher but not too high waist. signature red selvedge too.

oh yea, curse them for not making them just a size smaller.

They fit you really well! The higher waist adds a good bit of "sex-appeal"... :)