Raw for Women

Becks23

I picked up some raw denim for my lady in HK from Take 5. It's their first womens raw denim line: T5-G001

P1050744.jpg

P1050745.jpg

wow, great fit, Great patch! awesome that she wants to wear cardboard!

*edit*

exposed rivets? hrmmm..

-she's hating how stiff they feel after the hot soak. she's not use to it at all, I'm loving it!

& I agree, they should of done hidden rivets especially since she rides horses. I would hate for her to scratch up her leather saddle.

-she's hating how stiff they feel after the hot soak. she's not use to it at all, I'm loving it!

& I agree, they should of done hidden rivets especially since she rides horses. I would hate for her to scratch up her leather saddle.

Or car seat, or chair, or anything she sits on. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
ok, need a little help for the wife's x-mas present...

thinking about getting the skull linda one wash for her from BIG but unsure of what size I should get...

she just recently bought a pair of levi's ultra low skinny 521's in a 29 if this helps any

sneak into her closet and measure those levi's (or whatever other jeans she likes) then compare?

BiGs site says they have a women's PBJ cut out in straight and bootcut for $140. Anyone been there lately and have info on them?

I bought a pair of the slims for my girlfirend. Should be here in the next few days, ill post some detail pics and stuff.

Here they are on the PBJ website with measurements and stuff.

http://www.purebluejapan.jp/bottoms/12ladys_only/051069ow/

I don't know if people have gone over this, but some of my lady friends have some really nice wear on their banana republic raw's. They have a really nice modern skinny cut, and fade well. I will see if I can snap some pics or something. They trump H&M sliqs for sure, and are definitely worth investing time in for the fade.

So i made my gf try on 2 kinds of raw denim from blueingreensoho. i made her try on the skull linda's and Gordon recommended PBJ jeans. In my opinion, skull linda's is not the raw for womens because the cut is way too wide when the waist is really tight (but if your girl likes the jeans to be slightly relaxed, it would be no problem). PBJ (although it's not selvaged) fits much much better for my gf. here are measurements for PBJ's womens.

Waist 28

Front rise 8.25

Back rize 11.75

Low hip 9.25

Knee 6.25

Leg opening 6

Inseam 33.5

very skinny of my gf

I think these were size 0.. or mayb 1.. i forgot lol

my gf tried has tried on numbers of japanese jeans before but didn't like anything other than uniqlos, which she still wears. she was interested in iron hearts, so when we were in japan few weeks ago, we went and had her try them on. unfortunately, the smallest they make are 26w, and she needed something smaller.

finally, she tried on the nando x nandos at 45rpm and liked them. <<tears of joy>>

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

i think they look great on her and they are fading fast. <<more tears of joy>>

I bought a pair of the slims for my girlfirend. Should be here in the next few days, ill post some detail pics and stuff.

Here they are on the PBJ website with measurements and stuff.

http://www.purebluejapan.jp/bottoms/12ladys_only/051069ow/

Bumping this cuz I want to see them pics before I get a pair for my gf.

PBJ 1069 OW

size 2:

Waist- 30in

Hem- 12 1/2in

Front rise- 8 3/4 in

Back rise- 12 in

Thigh- 19 in

Inseam- 34in

Knee- 13.5

mini-emilyjanz001.jpgmini-emilyjanz002.jpg

mini-emilyjanz003.jpg

mini-emilyjanz004.jpg

Some info

-Non selvedge

-about 12oz denim

-very dark indigo color, looks almost black

-slightly slubby, tight weave, looks like it could get soem great vertical falling

-stamped leather patch (kind of thin)

-chainstitched hem

-95% cotton 5% stretch (has a little give but not a lot)

-universal brand zipper, seems high quality

-belt loops are raised in the middle vs being flat (dont know what its called)

-back pockets are not riveted

If anyone wants to know anything else, hit me up.

Seems like a great starter jean for slim girls thats not overpriced (ie nudie,etc)

I find it cool that so many females on here accept stacking. A lot of my female friends have a strange aversion to it for some reason and get all their jeans hemmed and tapered around their ankles. If you ask me it just makes their dark denim look like American Apparel tights...

@poopslush

How do they fit on your lady? Is it like a skinny tapered fit or is it like a straight leg fit? Fit pics if you have any. Thanks

I might get her to try them on this week to maje sure they fit even though its a kwanzaa present. If I do, ill take pics and post them. They are definitely skinny, with a small amount of taper form the knee. (I'm guessing a 1/2 inch)

• 2 weeks later...

bringing this back up to the top.

picking up a pair of drys for the lady. she's small but "bubbly" (she can never see me write this or she'd murder me). round and adorable. she's about a 25-26 and even some 27 (i think miss sixty jeans).

the only issue is, she's short. VERY short. 5'1 on a good day. i'm picking up a pair of SSK 26 waist ... and the inseam is 34... omg. lol. the smallest waist in 32 inseam is 28... and it'd be prolly too big for her. there's also a 27/32 but that's the "dirty"..

thoughts? just get the 26 and hem them? then i'd lose the funky stitching at the bottom...