Supreme 2008 F/W

fiveagain

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

none of the new stuff will be that limited - they seemed to have all colors and styles in store yesterday. you're buying a medium zip-up at the same time as selling a medium pullover because it's "too big"?

btw for the record, ms.ready is not down with the supreme retail experience - she prefers hanging outside and watching the skate vids.

i'm still not sure how i feel about supreme offering so much stuff online ..

it shuts down resellers, which is GREAT, but it takes away from the exclusivity of the brand, which isn't so great from a business perspective. i mean, yeah, for the next couple of years i'm sure supreme will be ROLLING in the dough, but if they keep releasing tons of stuff in mass quantities, they are going to turn into another alife/crooks/whatever ..

I think they'll just keep upping the prices and at one point, we'll be able to walk in on the day of releases instead of waiting for kids to hurry up and buy their teeees.

The only thing that really sells in mass quantities are the tees and caps/beanies.

i really don't forsee that working out. beasts will pay WHATEVER they need to get what they want, whereas alot of people are no longer willing to shell out 30+ for a t-shirt. if supreme continues to up their prices, all that will be left to buy their shit are beasts and the affluent because they will be the only people left that can afford their stuff.

it really must be tough from on supreme's side to not completely saturate the market because they would make a KILLING, but it would come as a result of them compromising who they are as a brand.

i would honestly just love to see supreme become a strictly outerwear/cut-n-sew joint. couldn't really care less about any t-shirts that have been released in the past couple of years sans for a select few.

If you live in NYC, and frequent downtown specifically, Supreme is about as abundant a brand as the next. Wearing no longer makes you an individual. The people that can actually wear this and have some sort of exclusivity are the customers who benefit the most from the online store, given that that is the only way they can purchase outside of a trip to NYC.

Supreme doesnt hold anymore cache than the brands mentioned in contrast (Alife, Crooks). You just like it more than those brands so you bet with your heart on this matter and perhaps put on blinders to reality. I like wearing Supreme, but if i wanted to be an individual i'd wear wingtips and suspenders and hang out on 53rd and 3rd, or if i wanted cache i'd wear Tom Ford.

...Supreme doesnt hold anymore cache than the brands mentioned in contrast (Alife, Crooks). You just like it more than those brands so you bet with your heart on this matter and perhaps put on blinders to reality...

I don't know dude, I mean on one hand thats almost what its devolved to, but to a lot of people Supreme is that stalwart SoHo skateshop from 94, ya know?

It has a pretty good track record. A lot of people grew up in NYC with Supreme as their go-to shop for hardgoods, and those who didn't live in NY but were into skating on the east coast just WANTED that shit because if it was 'the' shop in NY, then it HAD to be cool (yeah, thats how kids from Jersey used to think... before DE and NJ).

So I wouldn't say its on the level with Crooks and Alife (based on history alone), at least for some people.

And there will ALWAYS be kids who get into Supreme because it IS their local shop, or their friends DO work there, rather than its popularity with the hypebeast set, and I'm sure that those kids are buying into it for reasons greater than its hype factor (unlike aforementioned brands).

And now I'm the loser thinking too far into things like this on the Internet. Awesome.

haha, that's funny that someone who advertises a supreme pickup service is bemoaning the webstore killing the brand's exclusivity.

yeah, if supreme has any cachet left it'd be outside of nyc. outside of being down with the actual supreme crew that is. but there are different ways to style supreme which helps i think.

don't ask me though, i have no clue as to what the appeal of alife and crooks is (or even is supposed to be) - it reminds me of the a-ron quote that the hardest part of a brand is the culture.

Supreme is classic. Classic Style Classic Ideas. Yes supreme is turning up on everyone/thing, but I'm gonna wait out the storm. I'm sure motherfuckers will move on. But I'll still be there coppin shit.

Says the guy who discovered streetwear through a Nigo/TeriyakiBoyz/NERD videoclip. hahahahahahaha

haha, that's funny that someone who advertises a supreme pickup service is bemoaning the webstore killing the brand's exclusivity....

Seriously. I've bit my tongue for the last 3 months. the whole "im going to get rice and beans and stopping by supreme" thing? C'mon, just admit you like the brand and you go there often. Then there is you talking up wool cruisers, twill box caps, etc,etc, as the greatest clothing ever only to then dump them into the market. Touting your "old" age is also the worst. Plus the bit about your lady "jamming to slayer" was too much. I kinda lost it with that one in particular and had to regroup my composure in the work bathroom.

Maybe just pump the brakes on the nonchalant brand love and just own up to moderate obsession. its cool. i'll respect you more for it.

also Amo Te that was directed to you so we're all clear.

haha

i could give a fuck...i find this shit funny....timing was just classic between u and 78

e-beef is good..it clears the air

one upmans ship has always been a part of streetwear...blah blah blah.....

unlimited editions...........pay the cash, get the ass........

all good things come to an end.....supreme has a great thing going but JJs no dummy...nothing lasts for ever.....he's trying to milk a little more out of this cow.....is it going to become the next 555-soul (not a great example but you know what i mean)? probably not but who knows

herbs, thugs, skaters, skate-boards as accessories, hipsters, sneaker nerds, old men, everyne wears supleme.........the cache is definitely fading as i'm suer some people look and aer like..damn this fools wearing it now...i cant.................its a matter of time

i wont point to any one group..i nkow some flips htat have been on that shit for a while.....

i think its inevitable....at the end of the day, its a business.....i just think one of the things about supreme was it always repped NYC and for that reason i think the biggest mistake (brand wise) was opening the LA store..... now the online store

i'm sure the brand is making more $$$ then it has in the past...besides the some of the Nike releases.....but its defintiely watered down the brand, some of which was a pretty big reason people are/were into it.....

that said, the demise of the brand has been touted for sometime so who knows, they might have a bigger picture in mind....