Superawkward

scoki

talking to someone and seeing something on their face or lodged in their gums/between teeth. It is always an inner conflict deciding to inform or not. In hindsight, I think it's a good way to establish a better relationship with someone if you can just say 'yo, you have some seeds in your teeth.'

Having some nasty gas at Borders when you're the only one in the aisle and than having someone else walk into the aisle...

Singing to myself off-key in what I thought was an empty hallway. BAM, turn the corner, and there were a group of people waiting for the freight elevator.

Hummed the rest of the verse to play it off :(

I have a super socially-awkward cousin.

He's my moms twins, only child.

So first of all, the only child is usually socially awkward, as they don't have a sibling to base themselves off of. Scientific fact.

But this guy, has always been and sadly, always will be awkward.

You know when you're out with people, and someone makes small talk to fill the what-wasnt so awkward silence, but they think it is and take iit upon themselves to fill that awkward silence, with their awkward small talk? Yup. Each and EVERYTIME he's around, he does that. While he thinks he's making and holding a conversation, while talking about several random things that don't coincide with one another, he's actually making himself look awkward.

On top of not only being a bad conversationalist, he also just stands around and stares.

Just now, I was in the kitchen making a smoothie for my kid and I, he walks in and stares at what I'm doing. Doesn't say anything. Then suddenly leaves. Whenever my lady says hi towards him, cuz he's staring, he says nothing.

I feel bad, because he's my cousin, always has been the odd-one-out amongst the rest of us cousins, cuz he lived up in Oregon, while the rest of us in the Bay Area. But, FUCK HE'S AWKWARD.

He has shoulder length nerd hair. Unshaped, never styled. Should've seen what he wore to a job interview, with his hair down...

Should've gave him some sort of fashion tips, but it just isn't him and wouldn't work... Poor guy.

Chances are, he's still a virgin. Not that I'm judging him for it, or think it's lame to be a virgin, but I honestly think that the only reason he's still a virgin, is because the "opportunity" has never came knocking at his doorstep. No idea when the last time he had a girlfriend.

You know when you're out with people, and someone makes small talk to fill the what-wasnt so awkward silence, but they think it is and take iit upon themselves to fill that awkward silence, with their awkward small talk? Yup. Each and EVERYTIME he's around, he does that. While he thinks he's making and holding a conversation, while talking about several random things that don't coincide with one another, he's actually making himself look awkward.

this brings up some philosophical questions about awkwardness that ive always wondered. can a situation itself be awkward or is it peoples perception of the situation? is it possible for one person in a conversation to feel awkward while the other feels perfectly comfortable?

Said cousin:

We're out eating right now. Burgers. He's taken two bites out of his burger, to talk about several things, while the rest of us are eating. And watching us. He took a bite when no one replied to his last story. (cuz we're EATING btw)

I'm tryin to eat, I don't give a fuck what you did in college.

this brings up some philosophical questions about awkwardness that ive always wondered. can a situation itself be awkward or is it peoples perception of the situation? is it possible for one person in a conversation to feel awkward while the other feels perfectly comfortable?

Definitely, I say things that make people feel awkward all the time but I'm cool with it.

I just don't know how you come back from that. Like, how to save face.

Good news everybody! Our righteousness was good enough that it averted the 'End of the World'© until next year!

Sadly the level of intellectual dishonesty to allow that is standard at these kind of cults.

Said cousin:

We're out eating right now. Burgers. He's taken two bites out of his burger, to talk about several things, while the rest of us are eating. And watching us. He took a bite when no one replied to his last story. (cuz we're EATING btw)

I'm tryin to eat, I don't give a fuck what you did in college.

i dont think your cousin is awkward. i just think that his personality, within the context of you and your family/friends whatever, doesn't mesh. i talk with my friends while we eat a lot.

Apparently I need to record this guy.

I enjoy good conversation over food. Who the hell doesn't? But he doesn't make good conversation, because he doesn't know how. He doesn't talk to you, he talks at you about rhetoric. How do you guys have a good conversation with someone who talks at you?

He literally sat there, mumbled something, no one replied because we don't talk with our mouths full, and he stopped, looked at everyone to see if anyone was gonna reply, then took a bite. He then hurried to finish his bite, to try and bring up another random topic.

If you guys only knew.