• Sugar Cane 1945
    • Fullcount 0105
    • Studio D'Artisan 101

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only info I have seen is on BiG

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3981&category_id=&manufacturer_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

It says they are new which makes sense because they used to make one and stopped some time ago.

edit:

A bit more info here:

http://www.mil-mil.net/jeans/toyo/sc41945/sc41945.html

^ if we can get those SC's in the 2nd link (w/ the beat up lee arcs) i say we make this the jean.

it's perfect... a different denim than we're used to, a different cut than we're used to, and the price point is fucking perfect... 13000 yen? that'd be like $175 shipped and proxied, maybe less.

let's fucking do this.

mil-mil have the full size run in the list but all are sold out anyway.

I have a feeling those are not going to be easy to get our hands on, unless they are going to start appearing all over. Sugar canes japanese website doesn't list them either.

45 canes are looking good, but just thought id throw out warehouse duckdiggers for the hell of it, really intereseting denim and nice cut, although of course price would be higher (220-250?)

I like the Duckdiggers too, Hysteric. I also got my eye on the Real McCoy S600 Bronco Buster. They're look interesting too ;I'm hooked on cinchbacks. Also, they just got them in at superdenim.co.uk which makes them easier for me to get hold of.

Will Mr. Chicken be joining us for our Leepro adventure?

Gordon emailed me back this morning regarding Sugar Cane and modifications. He stated that SC is probably the one company in Japan that is going to stick with their original patterns for jeans. Their is a middle man that needs to be dealt with so that adds to the difficulty of modification. In the reply I also asked him about SC45 size runs and what the deal is. I'll wait for his reply and let you guys know.

So it seems that the Lee camp has singled out a few pairs that we are willing to contest. Which pair has the Levi's camp narrowed it down to?

With it being two styles maybe we should have a representative from both camps to head things up. Organization and street duels ala West Side Story and what not.

Will Mr. Chicken be joining us for our Leepro adventure?

Gordon emailed me back this morning regarding Sugar Cane and modifications. He stated that SC is probably the one company in Japan that is going to stick with their original patterns for jeans. Their is a middle man that needs to be dealt with so that adds to the difficulty of modification. In the reply I also asked him about SC45 size runs and what the deal is. I'll wait for his reply and let you guys know.

So it seems that the Lee camp has singled out a few pairs that we are willing to contest. Which pair has the Levi's camp narrowed it down to?

With it being two styles maybe we should have a representative from both camps to head things up. Organization and street duels ala West Side Story and what not.

this is what i meant about SC not changing their patterns with my analogy, if you have ever seen the SC guys or the rest of their clothing you will see that they only care about replicating legitimate vintage cuts, not making the leg extra long, etc

another point that will probably piss some people off, how many people will not be able to compete if only a 34 inch inseam is used. There are many more options and lower price.

would be nice to have a number of poeople who would be turned off by not having the extra 2 inches of inseam

what is your projected timeline for these things to be out?am currently working on producing a lot of jeans, using thai selvage, and im headed down to bangkok in two weeks to try to finalize production.if you guys can't find anything and have a timeline of 2 months from now minimum, i could actually try to get this contest jean produced (but you need to work with me on design and cut) and it'll probably be alot cheaper.thats if you can't find something already out there that fits the criteria that you're looking for, and if you don't mind a brand thats only just about to start up.

this is a contest jean, not a buy it because I have to have it jean. I buy my LVC's for me. For the contest I'll go with what you have. But it must have at least a 36 leg. Even that with unwashed denim will make them useless to me once they are washed.

And being vintage doesn't mean that jean manufacturers didn't make longer legs. Tall people were around even back then.....

And being vintage doesn't mean that jean manufacturers didn't make longer legs. Tall people were around even back then.....

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. That's why LVC offers 38" inseams raw. SC just chooses not to make their jeans with anything longer than a 34".

Plongin, I was thinking we could have a December/January start to include people who are competing in the SUFUx660 contest. I think everyone here would be more than willing to work with you though some might want to get with a currently manufactured pair of jeans.

That being said, I think most of us could afford a pair of the Real McCoy's or Buzz Rickson's Leepros with a start date a few months off.

I'm going to keep this is as one thread until we either decide to split off once both camps have chosen a jean or keep it as one mega ultimate contest thread.

Once this all gets totally organized it could become very exciting.

The worn Lee Riders 101B in the Denim Indigo Master are the Real McCoy's Lee's that we, and Chicken, posted a link to a few pages back. They cost 29,400 yen before proxy so they might be out of our price range by a little. They sure do fade nicely though.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/three-eight/rmc-mp6101-140/

Here are the actual Lee brand 101B that Real McCoy's reproed which are substantially cheaper and made with two different types of selvedge, though since I can't read Japanese I don't know if it describes the difference. At 18,900 yen, they are more affordable for everyone involved. I believe that both of these are copies of 1959 101B's. The ones on Super Rag have a 33" which might be too short.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/super-rag/1785607/1779083/#1344753

Both of the Buzz Rickson's jeans posted are available through g-a-r-d-e-n are kind of expensive but not too bad, and both have long inseams.

The WWII Levi's repro has a 90cm inseam and the WWII Leepro has a 88-94cm inseam.

A lot of information but hopefully you guys can sift through it. It's mostly just a regurgitation of what people have posted prior to this.

I'm just really a sucker for a cinchback modell!

I'm right there with you. I have been trying to find a pair of buckleback jeans for awhile now but to no avail. I was close with a custom pair of Strongholds that were totally wrong when I got them. Real big let down, but I digress.