2009 Fullcount Contest thread

The time has come to choose...  

133 members have voted

1. 1. The time has come to choose...

• Sugar Cane 1947
    • Sugar Cane 1945
    • Fullcount 0105
    • Studio D'Artisan 101

Of the 50/50 blend Sugar Cane models, which would you guys be most interested in?

I don't know much about the availability of the Sugar Cane 55s. I have a pair that are way too small for me that I got from a forum member but that's my only experience with them. If we decide Sugar Cane then we figure out which model or models to use.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like demonito's suggestion with the Take 5. Something new, whitch could turn out great.....

http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/i...46eb5cdb.jhtml

the pics are for the take5 x yens

theres always these take5 originals

http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db1-fd13bec731bcee8be7c3263ac7d576fc.jhtml

the pics are for the take5 x yens

theres always these take5 originals

http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db1-fd13bec731bcee8be7c3263ac7d576fc.jhtml

Those have the ugliest crotch I have ever seen. I would feel like I was wearing a pair of True Religions.

That's awesome Take 5 is offering denim outside of Japan but their own designs are a little wacky.

well kiya has sugar canes too and he has made a collaboration with them, so maybe we can talk to kiya too? even though he's putting interest in the Dry Bones contests.

^ i gotta agree....I am not down with ANY of take5 designs. How many people are interseted in this contests?

well kiya has sugar canes too and he has made a collaboration with them, so maybe we can talk to kiya too? even though he's putting interest in the Dry Bones contests.

^ i gotta agree....I am not down with ANY of take5 designs. How many people are interseted in this contests?

Kiya is probably wrapped up with the other contest. Self edge also charges a lot more for Sugar Canes than BiG. If it doesn't work out with Gordon I'll ask Kiya.

Take 5 jeans are ugly. There, I said it.

why the fucking hell do you need a 36 or longer inseam? fuck are you like 8 feet or something? damn kids

I´m 6'2 and I have tried on one-wash 34´s and they are just too short. I don´t need stacking but I would like to be able to sit down without showing too much sock.

+neg for being annoying.

doesn't both Self Edge and BiG sell them more expensive than proxy services?

and i agree, Edo-Ai is going to be more expensive than the other Sugar Cane line ups, unless you proxy them which isn't that bad. It's about the same price for samurai's I think. If everyone was ok with the Edo-Ai prices than definitely we can go to a different brand like---

Studio D'artisan? Eternals? Oni's? iron hearts?

so we compromise for the taller people.

Kiya is probably wrapped up with the other contest. Self edge also charges a lot more for Sugar Canes than BiG. If it doesn't work out with Gordon I'll ask Kiya.

Take 5 jeans are ugly. There, I said it.

8 dollar price difference on 1947s, same on others. Seems pretty close. SCs are the one jean you should always proxy, US prices are usually 30-50% higher than Japan prices.

I guess I'm just really tired of seeing what are basically Levi's 47 inspired cuts.. normally sized down.

A lee would be a breath of fresh air. Just watch boondock saints and tell me those jeans don't fit awesome.

who8marice, the big difference between Levi's and Lee's is the direction of the twill. Levi's go right and Lee's go left. It will produce different wear that will honestly be undetectable by most people unless they know the difference.

I'm still waiting on the e-mail reply from Gordon though i'm sure he's swamped with e-mails from a lot of people.

We can do two different contests from either the same company or different companies. It really depends on what inseam length guys in both contests want. If everyone in the Lee contest wants to go with a 34 then we choose either the Sugar Cane 45s or the Buzz Rickson models posted (which I like). It has already been voiced that some of the guys interested in the Levi's contest want a longer length so a different company needs to be chosen.

I think the 66 model still has a 34" inseam and to be honest, they really aren't that flattering. The thighs are wide and the leg is kind of skinny. This is what a pair looks like on me,

IMG_1073.jpgIMG_1074.jpg

I think I was wearing a 31s in those.

I think we decided against brands like Eternal and Ironheart because they aren't fitting to the "regular vintage" style that we are shooting for.

Ohhh, in that case, I think I'd opt for Lee. I've been meaning to pick up a pair of LHT Sams, but I can just get a different Leepro instead.

And as for the fit pics you posted DP, I'd say that actually almost looks like a tube leg to me (i.e. legs don't look skinny at all).

Would people want to wear a Samurai Leepro or a Sugar Cane Leepro? I think the fabric of the SC and Buzz Rickson's is more accurate to repros where as the Samurai denim looks to be more of a cross hatch denim.

We could put that to a vote as well. I for one would rather wear Buzz or SC.

What say you?

the sc sounds nice to me. but ill do sammies if everyone voted for them as well

^ yea, if dry bones is the selected jeans, im going to pass. I am already on the evisu contest knugget, we should do it! ill prolly do both if these go down. Ill just rotate between two pairs

I vote for levi's or a levi's fit.

I remember lee's in the 70's and they sucked. Always ridding up your butt. Maybe the vintage ones are better, but that's what I remember about Lees'...

^ i thought the self edge contest was going to be Flat heads, but the title is deceiving....

after knowing it was dry bones then I am prolly going to drop out if this one goes through.

i already signed up evisu long before any other contests and ill prolly stick to that for sure. As for sugar cane, i was hoping we would combine it with this contest since the brand hasn't been selected and i started a small thread in the sugar cane forums where the admin was interested. What I do hope for is that if we do choose sugar canes, i would ask the admin to see what kind of shit they can provide for a contest. If it goes through, i am willing to do both this AND the evisu contest. only two contest = two jeans = rotate between the two