2009 Superfuture Conest - Dry Bones

beatle

Are you up for it  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

Anyone try them on in store that can compare them to PBJ XX-005? I measured the thigh on my pair an inch down from crotch, like SE does, and it's about the same as the DB's. I'd like to get more room in the thigh on this one so I'm iffy about sizing up on a straight, slightly slim jean compared to the 005s which are definitely slim.

Sorry for another sizing question...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News Update:

The denim is unsanforized... Which is great, because we here at the store prefer unsanforized denim.

The specs listed for the denim that was produced listed the denim as "sanforized - little shrinkage", but it turns out they are not sanforized. They don't shrink as much as the denim found on Flat Head, PBJ's, Real Japan Blues, etc.. but they do shrink.

Shrinkage info is now found on the product page on our site:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72&products_id=410

Sample shrinking measurements for a size 30, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, then lined dried:

BEFORE

Waist 32.5

Inseam 37

Thigh 11.2

Leg Opening 8.2

AFTER

Waist 31.7

Inseam 35

Thigh 11

Leg Opening 8

30 it is! thanks kiya!

kiya - thx for the answer!

nevertheless, the answer was pre-shrinkage details, so I guess now I am in between sizes. might be the 36 after all for me, if I want to acquaint those with water.

the inseam is a downer for me, as it would turn our perfect for me - which would mean no cuffing for turn! sad story, hehe!

it will basically boil down to the question, whether I want to wear them dry for one year with dry or freezing cold cleaning (34) or with an initial soak (34 - very slim, 36 - just right)?

but, currently I am too drunk to answer that question for myself.

kiya - add. thx for the '19cm' comment!

I've been following this thread since the beginning, but I can't remember if stretch was discussed.

According to the description, they will stretch out about 1 inch after 20 wears. Is this 1 inch from raw size or 1 inch from soaked size?

probably both states, I guess!

I made the experience that all unsanforized denim stretches basically back to were it was in raw state after shrinking and wear at some point in time, and sanforized (soaked & dry) denim stretches by 1".

Yes, go true to size.

Another option with this jean, is buy the jean that has the thigh measurement that you want to go for. This might mean that you'd be buying a jean that has an extra inch of room in the waist if you don't have skinny thighs, yet that's no issue considering you can either wear a belt or if you have a bigger top half than bottom the waist might actually be snug (which we've seen with a few people wearing the size 34 and 36 in-store already).

quoting so this is on this page as well. this should pretty much alleviate ALL of your sizing questions... yet we're still sure to see the next dozen pages full of them...

and now to be a hypocrite, i do have a sizing question -- how are the hips? are these a true straight cut down the hip? would you mind giving us a BiG-style thigh measurement, straight out from the crotch seam, parallel to the waistband?

edit-- nevermind, deducted this information from one of the pictures. i've got my size picked out... DO YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

and now to be a hypocrite, i do have a sizing question -- how are the hips? are these a true straight cut down the hip? would you mind giving us a BiG-style thigh measurement, straight out from the crotch seam, parallel to the waistband?DO YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Whoa whoa whoa! I thought that's how thigh-measurements ARE taken??

I've been comparing size 34 in these to my 21cm Diors of the same size... and the measurements are exactly the same in every way but for a lower rise. Thighs on the Diors measure 12 inches if done BiG style... and so I figure with 12 inch thighs for the DBxSE, I'm covered either way. If it's measured even lower, all the better.

Sincere apologies for yet another sizing issue, but could anyone (to save Kiya the trouble) confirm where Self Edge measures thighs?

Whoa whoa whoa! I thought that's how thigh-measurements ARE taken??

I've been comparing size 34 in these to my 21cm Diors of the same size... and the measurements are exactly the same in every way but for a lower rise. Thighs on the Diors measure 12 inches if done BiG style... and so I figure with 12 inch thighs for the DBxSE, I'm covered either way. If it's measured even lower, all the better.

Sincere apologies for yet another sizing issue, but could anyone (to save Kiya the trouble) confirm where Self Edge measures thighs?

i can't confirm... but i am pretty sure that self edge takes their thigh measurement 2" below the crotch seam.

i just noticed that the sample pair (size 30) has a 32.5 waist instead of the 32 waist advertised in the website? Which one is accurate kiya?

There is 1 (one) sample pair. It is a sample for a reason.

^

SE takes the measurement 1" below crotch seam.

This is correct. Not much of a difference between 1" below and AT the crotch..

i just noticed that the sample pair (size 30) has a 32.5 waist instead of the 32 waist advertised in the website? Which one is accurate kiya?

Having the waist be half inch off is normal for jeans from one pair to another.. these are cut in small batches, not mass manufactured, there are very small differences that are unnoticeable to most from pair to pair.

I also tried on my size 30 for about 30 minutes before measuring them, that could have stretched them out a hair.

Damn think I'm gonna have to opt out of the comp :( I value the blood flow to my thighs. Have to cop a pair of the 5507xx 6x6 in their place.

Good luck to everyone coppin the SFxSExDB in a size they want tho, damn nice-looking pair of jeans! You've outdone yourself Kiya.

You have to choose your hem length from a drop down list after you add the jean to the cart.

i finally stopped by today, and those pictures dont do the jeans justice, if i wasnt set with jeans for a while i woud have jumped all over it. just awesome, and i am a little bummed im gonna miss this one

kiya, this might be an unmeasurable question, but how much indigo did you think it lost in comparison to other raw denim that you've soaked? I could understand if thats tough to answer.

The jean itself does not look any lighter after the soak, but the texture of the denim changed. It's far more abrasive now that the resin is mostly gone and a bit more rigid.

The water though... it's insane.. The water turns DARK indigo green when soaking, i haven't seen a jean give off this much indigo in the water during the initial soak in a long while.

interesting... the only jean i've had give off any considerable amount of indigo in a soak was a pair of department store 501s. i just attributed that to a shitty dye job, and that's surely not the case with these new jeans. it was just flowing out of the denim in the water as i lifted them out of the tub.

The jean itself does not look any lighter after the soak, but the texture of the denim changed. It's far more abrasive now that the resin is mostly gone and a bit more rigid.

The water though... it's insane.. The water turns DARK indigo green when soaking, i haven't seen a jean give off this much indigo in the water during the initial soak in a long while.

Thats interesting, I'm wondering what that would do in the long run. I guess I naturally equate loss of indigo = less fading, which probably isn't true. Much pondering begins....