479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't mean to come off as rude, but the measurements are made by what I presume is a tape measure, which is fairly accurate. They were also posted on the website so that you would be able to figure out if they are slimmer/wider than others. I think it would be worthwhile to save the dude some things that could be figured out with common sense.

I also can't imagine the defeat of the upcoming 100 post by 100 different people describing what size they wear in some other denim and then asking Kiya to tell them what size to order.

Quoted for quickly-confirmed truth.

there is a term for this - 'customer service' :rolleyes:

a term which is actually highly related to 'demand', 'selfedge' and 'kiya'. look it up!

sufudb_01_01.jpg

does it really look like you need to size down on this?

good point. going true to size on these shits. thank god i'm in florida. i'm not waking up at 8 AM on a saturday to buy jeans on the internet.

yup wanted to ask the same thing.

also kiya, how slim are these jeans at the thighs? they seem slimmer than the skulls 5010 and fh 3001.

if im a size 29 in sling and stones naomi and size 31 in sexcs02....which size should i get? 30?
by true to size, do you mean get the jeans in a tag size that corresponds to your waist size? or get the tag size that measures the same as your waist size?
really? I would imagine sizing down would be a bad idea, since these jeans aren't completely intended to be "skinny jeans". your thighs might seriously suffer.
considering the leg opening them,

would these stack nicely?

I'm trying to figure out how much I should hem...

Whoa there, do you understand this is a house party?

if im a size 29 in sling and stones naomi and size 31 in sexcs02....which size should i get? 30?

Get a 31 for a true straight fit or a 30 for a slim fit.

kiya,

here is a pic of me in my size 34 red-d:

i guess, i will be fine with a size 34 in sufu as well, right?

Yes, you'd need a 34 if you want a slim look, or a 36 for a classic straight fit look.

Another note..

This obsession with tapered jeans and small leg openings has to stop.

I've seen people on forums asking if these "stack like 19cm jeans".

C'mon.. really?

Do not be afraid of a larger leg opening, this is what jeans and even fashion is about, experiment with new things. It's only in your own head that you think a 8" leg opening looks strange on you. Try cuffing them a couple of time, try hemming them at your actual inseam and let them barely break at your boots, try cuffing them so they're slightly too short.

Or you can let them stack, which will work with this cut, but it won't look at neat as a pair of super slim tapered jeans.

Just requoting the question so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. I'm interested in the answer too since it sounds like true to size is recommended.

Yes, go true to size.

Another option with this jean, is buy the jean that has the thigh measurement that you want to go for. This might mean that you'd be buying a jean that has an extra inch of room in the waist if you don't have skinny thighs, yet that's no issue considering you can either wear a belt or if you have a bigger top half than bottom the waist might actually be snug (which we've seen with a few people wearing the size 34 and 36 in-store already).

News Update:

The denim is unsanforized... Which is great, because we here at the store prefer unsanforized denim.

The specs listed for the denim that was produced listed the denim as "sanforized - little shrinkage", but it turns out they are not sanforized. They don't shrink as much as the denim found on Flat Head, PBJ's, Real Japan Blues, etc.. but they do shrink.

Shrinkage info is now found on the product page on our site:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72&products_id=410

Sample shrinking measurements for a size 30, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, then lined dried:

BEFORE

Waist 32.5

Inseam 37

Thigh 11.2

Leg Opening 8.2

AFTER

Waist 31.7

Inseam 35

Thigh 11

Leg Opening 8

as if you weren't going to get 43028472 sizing questions already

now it winds up unsanforized probably creating even more sizing questions

but did you adjust the sizing charts for shrinkage already?

because the 30 on the site already said 11 in the thigh and and 8 in the hem

either way, i don't think the .2'' is really going to make much of a difference

i wear and 31 in the sexsc06 and i'm going to go for a 31 in these unless someone convinces me otherwise

i'm positive i can fit in a 30 right now, but i doubt i will in a year

i'm pretty sure the 31 will give me the fit i'm going for and last

As usual, the measurements listed on our site are the measurements of the jean in the state that you'll receive them in (raw).

if i am 33 FH3001, what size in these?

Get the same size unless you want more room in the thighs, then go up one size.

I'm guessing if I was a 29 in the SExFH05BKs with room in the waist, I should go for a 31 here for the more classic fit in the thighs??

Since I'm like 5'6 I should prolly get these hemmed to around a 32" presoak huh.. the 41" inseam on my BKs stack like crazy and it's time for a change.. hehe.

Thanks for the hardwork and constant updates, kiya!