• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new sample is at Self Edge...

I'll have measurements up tomorrow..

Maybe i'll stuff Sidney into them and he can take some glamour shots of himself to show you all how badass this shit is.

Rad.

I gotta go into the city at some point early next week to pick up my visa from the Vietnamese consulate... I'll try to swing by and bring my camera this time!

It's classical conditioning. Giving answers to every small question that comes up encourages that behavior and discourages the less than five minutes of effort required to find the answer on your own.

Someone is taking AP Psychology.

Would they be on sale instores?

I've recently found this thread and have had the patience to read through most of it as well. I know Kiya stated earlier that the way he was going to sell the jeans by giving people a password here of SuFu so they can access an exclusive page on Selfedge or what not. Yet I am also curious to about the question above, will there be any sold in store now that Beatle is not hosting the contest? or is bustinxjustin correct in saying the pairs in the store are only for exchange?

I think there will be a few in-store jeans for sale (possibly only available after exchanges?) but I wouldn't count on there being a great amount of them, why not just sign up and avoid the hassle?

And to the guy asking if he can still buy them, just send Kiya an email and you can get back on the list

There is no sign up list any more, we took the poll numbers and that's what we produced +2 on every size.

There are two ways this can go...

1. 25% of people that say they're buying the jean don't actually buy the jean and it takes a bit selling off all the pairs because 300 pairs of jeans is a massive amount for one store to produce.

2. Once people see the finished product being released they freak out and we sell out within a day and people who really wanted the jean don't end up with it because they didn't buy it the day it was released.

Doing a password thing, or presale, or private sale is not an option, so don't go there....

What i think is going to happen is a combination of 1 + 2, which means it'll all even out in the end.

On to the jean..

It looks fucking insane.. the denim is beautiful, and once you see the final cut you'd be crazy not to get in on this.

This for me has been a labor of my love for Superfuture and my many years spent here, Self Edge is barely making anything on this jean.. between the denim costs, details, Superfuture royalty pay-out, taxes, and free shipping provided to all customers, there isn't much left at the end. We wanted to keep the final cost well under $300, and they're going to sell for $275.

I have no measurements or photos.

Sidney has the jean now, he's at his house right now.. fondling them.

Sidney?

There is no sign up list any more, we took the poll numbers and that's what we produced +2 on every size.

1. 25% of people that say they're buying the jean don't actually buy the jean and it takes a bit selling off all the pairs because 300 pairs of jeans is a massive amount for one store to produce.

2. Once people see the finished product being released they freak out and we sell out within a day and people who really wanted the jean don't end up with it because they didn't buy it the day it was released.

fuck it...i hope theyre released on a weekend....im just gonna go and cop a pair in person

Agreed on both points. Though I expect the amount of people flaking out will be more. Seems like most SuFu people spend all their discretionary income and considering the time it's being released, I doubt most people who sign up put the money aside for these jeans.

Are we still slated for Mid-Late January sale? I'm on vacation till Jan. 9th so Internet access will be limited....

We'll be far closer to a mid-february release at the latest, so we're about six or seven weeks away...

Once people see the finished product being released they freak out and we sell out within a day

So do I,if all the lurkers around here grab a pair and my size is sold out.After following this thread from the beginning,i will be very disappointed not getting a pair.

Maybe i worry too much,i just try to believe what kiya said.;)

Damn, I've never spent so much on a single item before (peasant status)...$275+$15 out of state hemming = $290.

Kiya, if your profit margins are really low for this, why not throw it up on eBay when Live cashback is running for a bit extra. Let's assume $325 BIN, ~$20 in fees, leaving you an extra (305-275) = $30 per pair. 300 pairs puts profits at $9000. Assuming a 15% cashback, it'd be $276.25, 20% cashback - $260, 25% cashback - $243.75, 30% cashback - $227.5. Win/win? Or would it be too much trouble/time consuming to list those? Cause you could just make a template listing all the sizes, save it to reuse, and all you'd have to change would be the title stating the size.