Dior Homme S/S 09

beberthur

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm speechless... Seriously i cant say a flipping thing about this collection.. i thought he could only get better after his first two collections.. well suppose i was wrong, DH's definitely dead :( right I'm off to get sick.. all the best lads!

fuck that "Oh, it's KVA,DH is dead" thing. Dior Homme "died" after 2005, when Slimane really got stuck in his rock n roll/razorlight shit. The only good collection Hedi did for Dior after SS05 was his last one (FW 08), because he brought new elements to the silhouettes, and stopped most of his annoyingly obvious rock gimmicks.

Anyway, to the average high-fashion consumer, Dior Homme had become a premium denim brand long before Slimane quit.

Hedi's Dior shows were about more than just the clothes..

even when some of his collections lagged, he still was expressing more

than most of the shitty designers over there. I agree, though, that the rock influence

got a bit tiring -- but he finished fantastically w/ that F/W08 collection.

he finished fantastically w/ that F/W08 collection.

we agree on that point but FW08 was a farewell collection, so it re-hashed ideas from his previous years at Dior (armwarmers, waxed jeans...).

Anyways, I don't think SS09 is bad at all. Forget Slimane and it's a youthful, wearable collection, with interesting details (the laser cut jackets, for example).

The only things I really don't get are those sunglasses. Look like Ksubi.

^No, this is bad!

Let me tell you why:

illfitting, poorly styled and rushed changes (that perforated shirt makes a twist, look where it's centre hits the trousers), half of the pants look too small, all the sunglasses sit too high, awfully cut shirts, what is up with those ties, boxing shoes!(???), someone sprayed glue on two of the poor guys and made them run into Ali Baba's treasure cave, there is a neon pink poor fitting windbreaker thrown in the mix aswell somewhere, all of these models are kind of "wanna be dior boys", and it goes on and on.

I just looked through the whole collection, and it's plain bad, it's like it's designed by some Italian guy living in LA.

All it is good for is emphasizing how good Hedi Slimane was!

^No, this is bad!

Let me tell you why:

illfitting, poorly styled and rushed changes (that perforated shirt makes a twist, look where it's centre hits the trousers), half of the pants look too small, all the sunglasses sit too high, awfully cut shirts, what is up with those ties, boxing shoes!(???), someone sprayed glue on two of the poor guys and made them run into Ali Baba's treasure cave, there is a neon pink poor fitting windbreaker thrown in the mix aswell somewhere, all of these models are kind of "wanna be dior boys", and it goes on and on.

I just looked through the whole collection, and it's plain bad, it's like it's designed by some Italian guy living in LA.

All it is good for is emphasizing how good Hedi Slimane was!

Agreed.

This is terrible. :( I wanted to stop scrolling after the gold pants.

Guest brian
I just don't understand a majority of the collections this year. They're all so bland & lack any passion whatsoever.

i completely agree. fashion (for the most part) has no pulse. it's completely flatlining. nothing but mundane, boring, crap. most of the collections this season (and last) had me in a coma.

Okay, Hedi Slimane did great shows, and with Van Assche, it's quite hard to tell if a collection is good or bad from a runway, because the styling suck and the models are unadapted to the clothes.

This is stupid, but considering the two previous collections looked much better in stores than on a catwalk, I think this one will do the same.

Oh and, if Dior sneakers suck, it's a good thing.

Okay, Hedi Slimane did great shows, and with Van Assche, it's quite hard to tell if a collection is good or bad from a runway, because the styling suck and the models are unadapted to the clothes.

This is stupid, but considering the two previous collections looked much better in stores than on a catwalk, I think this one will do the same.

Oh and, if Dior sneakers suck, it's a good thing.

I agree, i think the models played a huge part in past dior shows and KVA's casting has a lot to do with how awkward this looks. Hate aside , looking at the full show on tfs there were one or 2 looks working

Uhh....

I'm not sure if Assche trying to make a progressive line out of DH, but this is definately not some sort of pickup from Hedi.

Raunchy streetwear... "okay", nothing that keeps me interested.

innovation? please?

P.S.

I doubt Kanye has any unsubtleties about a different designer. It's still a schmancy label, and it's still pricey. And hey, even though it's a step in a cruder direction, it's still fits Kanye's general outlook for shimmery glam.

DIOR SUCKS MAJOR HAIRY SWEATY ASIAN BALLS

On their way to the gardens of the Paris Observatory, where Kris Van Assche presented his latest Dior Homme collection, guests passed antique telescopes and old photos of the moon, reminders that man's reach has exceeded his grasp from the moment he first stood upright. So perhaps it was appropriate that the show itself offered another such reminder. The soundtrack provided by Justice had a stop-start quality that could have been interpreted as a metaphor for larger issues—like the way that Van Assche's creativity ebbs and flows in such a random manner. You can sense the ideas trying to get out, but something happens between brain and hand.

So the attempt to give the lean silhouette a little volume interest by inflating the backs of jackets went awry because the results were so leaden. (The multi-pleats of a cobalt blue jacket looked like the curtain covering the screen at the old Rialto.) The cutouts in a white cotton shirt and a black leather jacket might have been construed as a new lace if they weren't so simplistic. And the Zsa Zsa zing of the giant stones that studded gold sequined jeans was simply a bling too far. The overwhelming impression was that Van Assche was simply trying too hard. Even the glasses the models wore were overwrought. The solution is obvious: Take a deep breath and relax.

— Tim Blanks