Bowties

Servo2000

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is great. And for the record, ddml isn't boring, he's an aquired taste like expensive wires.

More for the palatte that's comfortable with copper, though. Certainly not for those who only dabble in low-end fibre-optics.

If you want a cool bow tie, then either go ultra oversized floppy lanvin style, if you can pull that off, or very skinny like that BoO one, but i agree that self tie is the most important thing, any good self tie instantly puts you above most men.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but Lanvin velvet floppy bowties are pre-tied. Also, the super-skinny Dior Homme ties (regular, not bow) were all pre-tied. Not that that justifies pre-tied ties; I'm just noting the irony in trashing a type of tie by recommending another pre-tied tie is all.

I absolutely love bowties. Here are my three favorites:

IMG_1456.jpg

from left to right:

Ralph Lauren (silk): I love the way pointed bowties tie; it looks really classy and has a lot of character and is shapely while still being narrow.

Band of Outsiders (some sort of wool/cashmere/silk blend I think): My first bowtie. I really love the way narrow bowties look, and the white and black stripes on grey looks awesome.

Thom Browne (wool): I really like wearing this one untied. See below:

00050m.jpg

Because it's so narrow and squared-off, it looks almost as if it were a really tiny regular tie -- to my eye, that's an awesome look.

leroi you need to understand that a lot of the people on this site are poseurs, and don't really know what they're talking about.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. Save the medicated insights for facebook/etc

FWIW regarding slim bow ties, both Beauties & the Bow Tie Club offer either 'batwing' style or straight edge, which is pretty small (1.75" inches iirc)

i was specifically talking about the "elite idiots" class. i guess you could be in it but i really meant people who are holier than thou with 5 dollars in their closet, 2 in their pocket. those who talk smack while wearing an AA tshirt, APC jeans, and shitty running shoes, who never even crossed a Barneys threshold. looked at two collections on style.com and thought they were "above it." wack wannabe illuminati.

i was specifically talking about the "elite idiots" class. i guess you could be in it but i really meant people who are holier than thou with 5 dollars in their closet, 2 in their pocket. those who talk smack while wearing an AA tshirt, APC jeans, and shitty running shoes, who never even crossed a Barneys threshold. looked at two collections on style.com and thought they were "above it." wack wannabe illuminati.

church.

how you gonna talk fashion when you have zero real life experience with it...im not sayin you gotta buy every collection, but at least have some insight into fabric, cutting technique, silhouette, designers' signature techniques, etc. up close in the flesh.

i dont really notice the fashion threads on this board enough to comment, but this was a big problem with TFS.