What are you listening at right now

PeterJ

i saw mgmt open for of montreal last year, and they were shit live. monotonous, drooling, bored the shit out of me i didnt even bother taking photos of 'em. i never listened to them again till i watched 21 the other day and was surprised that the catchy opening song (time to pretend) was by them. the cute singer also helps me appreciate this band more ;). i'm not crazy about the album but i'm surprised that the album is nothing like them live then. like this one:

mgmt - kids

bIEOZCcaXzE

mgmt is good, more of a huge pigeonhole group for bands like Ghostland Observatory or Solid Gold. Who is that girl?

200px-Destroyersrubies.jpg

Doctor, do your works.

Cut me open.

Remove this thirst.

i saw mgmt open for of montreal last year, and they were shit live. monotonous, drooling, bored the shit out of me i didnt even bother taking photos of 'em. i never listened to them again till i watched 21 the other day and was surprised that the catchy opening song (time to pretend) was by them. the cute singer also helps me appreciate this band more ;). i'm not crazy about the album but i'm surprised that the album is nothing like them live then. like this one:

I've seen them twice live, once at Wesleyan and once in North Hampton, and they can be sort of hit or miss. At Wesleyan they were fantastic, I'm pretty sure they went to Wesleyan so it was a hometown advantage, and the North Hampton show was ok.... really cool guys though.

Miseducation.jpg

Tom Waits - Live July 5th, 2008

Further proof that the man is a genius, listen to the entire recording here:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92916923&ft=1&f=10001

waits300.jpg