What are you listening at right now

PeterJ

really? i didn't even think it was nearly as good as Redlight, which by the way is awesome, much less the best album of the year.

I didn't really like the older Grails albums at all. Dropping the violinist (apparently he was homeless?) had such an enormous impact on their sound, imo, and transported them from interesting-but-still-fairly-generic post-rock of their first few albums to a totally different, jazzy, more diverse sound of BTP (and the new album too, but less so). Black Tar Prophecies, to me, is like sitting in a jazz cafe in Nepal high in the mountains while smoking hash and watching strange Buddhist ritual dances, or something.

I didn't really like the older Grails albums at all. Dropping the violinist (apparently he was homeless?) had such an enormous impact on their sound, imo, and transported them from interesting-but-still-fairly-generic post-rock of their first few albums to a totally different, jazzy, more diverse sound of BTP (and the new album too, but less so). Black Tar Prophecies, to me, is like sitting in a jazz cafe in Nepal high in the mountains while smoking hash and watching strange Buddhist ritual dances, or something.

hmm maybe i'll give it another listen. with a description of its sound as interesting as that, i'll definitely give it another shot. you don't like Redlight, though? I mean, Dargai, come on.