You've been awake for a day,

what things do you do to push on?

I used to load myself up for caffiene, but I think that just makes me heavier later on, especially once i'm doing something and cut off from another fix.

Right now, I just tough it out. I just need to keep talking or something, doing something. I could go on, literally, without sleep for days if something has my attention. But as soon as I linger and wander off just a bit in thought, or maybe blink for a second or two or three or four --- I'm gone.

But staying awake, keeping your head up, it gives a high. Trying your hardest to stay awake, delirium sets it, and you feel like you're going to die, and sleep will let you live, but you can't sleep anymore. You're just awake, and you feel like death because of it, and maybe you may as well be dead, because while your mind runs, your body follows, and as you laugh to your self, your body is still sucking in air to make those laughs tangible.

Effort.

There was one time I literally stayed up for > 80 hours WITHOUT TAKING A NAP in between. It was the week before finals week during high school so all the teachers stuffed in all the fucking projects + exams before final exams in during that week. I stayed up 3 days straight, and on the third day I kept imagining that shit was flying around my face. There were lots of light dots floating around too.

I recall surviving that bout through lots and lots of sugar consumption. You'd think that it wouldn't work because after a crash you're fucked, but that's the magic of eating MORE sugar.

I probably should've died of a heart attack.

^^ wow. you lost sleep over finals week in high school? that's mad asian.

i had one super next level econ final my last year in college, that i pretty much needed to ace, i was fucked, more or less. studied night and day for almost a full week, lost tons of sleep. even when i tried to sleep, i couldn't actually fall asleep because i'd see charts and formulas when i closed my eyes.

personally i was never one for staying up.

but a friend of mine who was in grad school waited until the absolute last minute to do his thesis. he wasnt a coffee drinker but needed to stay up so he went to dunkin donuts and picked up the largest quantity of coffee he could buy there - one of those huge jugs.

drank the whole thing and wrote his thesis, and then crashed so hard that he had to go to the hospital. fucked up something with his heart, i forget the exact details.

so basically it's really not worth it to stay up, take naps or some shit.

I find it much easier to stay up when in the company of others.

The longest I ever stayed up was around 69 hours straight--just short of three days. I was in Chicago with a bunch of friends and I kept moving from one group to another. Eventually, my body reached the limits of its endurance and I ended up passing out while lying down on a table. Luckily, I had the presence of mind to arrange my backpack under my legs before I passed out so that I would wake up if someone tried to grab my shit. I woke up a few hours later and I had no idea where anyone was. I wandered around downtown for a little bit, bought One Day It'll All Make Sense by Common, and then grabbed the train to O'Hare. I passed out on the train, but luckily O'Hare was the last stop.

I used to procrastinate a lot back in the day

I still do, but now I'm more careful

remember, that your quality of work is severely reduced when you are tired

but if you absolutely must stay up:

1) avoid caffeine

360815707a300018686oqf1.jpg

2) avoid eating and drinking. if you drink too much you will waste time pissing.

3) remove all distractions as soon as possible (computer, phone, etc)

4) taking a short nap (1 hour) can help reduce drowsiness

5) taking a long nap (3 hours) will restore you very quickly

your best bet is to nap for several hours. you will be much more productive afterwords.

i only do this for midterms and exams or tests worth 20% or more, but i take a 200mg caffeine pill. keeps me going pretty good and it's cheap for a bottle. you can get it at any health/nutrition store..i think even shoppers drug mart has it

Seriously, high school finals/classwork are a fucking joke.

This is true. But when you have around 5000 kids in your school and over 50% of that class is all overachieving Asians, then you're forced into a situation where everyone [pulls all nighters all the time].

You can't handle the vibe, East Coast boy.

This is true. But when you have around 5000 kids in your school and over 50% of that class is all overachieving Asians, then you're forced into a situation where everyone [pulls all nighters all the time].

You can't handle the vibe, East Coast boy.

Umm, ok. Conform more plz.

IlConformista.jpg

if you want to stay awake i suggest you sniff some cocaine. here is a photo from those SDSU OX coke dealers who got busted. I once saw some chick getting fucked smack in the middle of one of their parties. they did have some dope ass parties i must admit. how much you think she put on herself? an 1/8th of coke???

cocaine_tits_jpg.jpgspaceball.gif

I stayed up for like 3 days straight a few years back. It was my birthday the first night, a sleepover the 2nd, and then the 3rd me and my friends went out all over the city for this easter egg hunt type thing except not for easter eggs that lasted from 12-6. I slept for 16 hours after

I never quite understood why people pulled all-nighters for studying. It actually has the reverse of the intended effect. Now, one of you dingleberries will probably tell me that you ended up with an A afterwards, but that just means that you already knew everything you needed to know. Your body needs sleep to repair all of its cells, including your brain. You don't sleep, you no think right.

I never quite understood why people pulled all-nighters for studying. It actually has the reverse of the intended effect. Now, one of you dingleberries will probably tell me that you ended up with an A afterwards, but that just means that you already knew everything you needed to know.

I disagree. I learned it, just for an extremely limited amount of time. When I pull an all nighter, it's not for math or science and I'm not learning some complex problem solving method. I'm memorizing facts, dates, regulations, etc. Memorize, test, forget. But yeah, I'm not claiming for a moment that it's a smart or effective method.

my all nighters are for math and science courses (differentials, nuclear physics, thermodynamics problems, etc.). like hang the dj, i do just learn it for a limited amount of time, though...which is bad for me.

if i already knew everything i wouldn't need to pull all nighters. no it isn't a smart method, but it's the price to pay for not really paying attention in class

staying awake for extended amounts of time is shit.. some of the effetcs of being so drowsy can be fun though... worth trying just for that i reckon. I would just reccomend lots of water though. I used to saty up finishing assignents in some of the heard years of uni on just several glasses of water. Helps you concntrate as well...

a glass of water makes you fresh and alert and it's not unhealthy