We've come a long way.

notesee

A collection of posts from some established users when they were still new to the community. Some funny, some just showing how much people have changed/grown. Discuss, add on.

I am heading to NY in November and I am trying to get a referral card into the Nike 255 ID Studio. Does anyone have a card they would want to sell/donate to a fellow sneaker head?

This will be my first time to NY and I am super stoked to be going out there so I wanted to make the Nike Studio a part of the whole experience. If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated!

I have also used this site to map out some of the stores, truely a great tool of this site!

Thanks everyone. :D

any tips on where to look for listings? mainly interested in hiphop related stuff but possibly others too..

oh and I'll be in NY around 23-27th of this month if anyone happens to know any dates..

cheers

So ive decided to soak my Edwin Yoshi SX's tonight and im not too sure how long too soak them for.

They're soaking in very hot water with a little bit of laundry detergent.

So how long should i soak them for? An hour? Two? Three?

Id like them too lose as much indigo as possible and get the chicken shit stains out of them (farm work is rough stuff).

Thanks for any help offered.

Hey, thanks everyone fer the advice.

Frozen jeans?, good for those summer days!

Geowu - Not sure if they sanfordized. How can I check? I checked the label and sez its okay to dryclean and has (P) for the chemical . what do you reckon?

SUE!

here's a fit pic, size small:

IMG_0605.jpg

Been lurking a while, but this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone knows of some good vintage, thrift, outlet, etc... stores in Southern California, i.e around San Diego. I know there's a few in Hillcrest, but does anyone know any others?

Thanks a ton for the help.

Also, been noticing a lot of requests recently for where-to-buy japanese goods, so I figured I'd throw out: <a href="http://www.bid-service.jp/home.html">Bid-Service</a>. Used it once or twice myself, worked good and didn't seem too expensive.

Peace out.

Anyone know where a humble new yorker could get his hands on

one of the new HUF all-over print hoodies, online or not?

i know its not you superfuturians' favorite brand, but Volcom has a pair of raw selvage jeans now. they dont look half bad.

http://volcom.com/eCom/product_detail.asp?LineID=24&catID=1&typeID=3&prodID=8105&snowType=&sid=#

opinions?

anyone own/seen/have info on them?

just watched it for the first time today. i know late as hell

so uh..can anyone explain it. i read a little bit of the book and the website freaked the hell out of me. but i still dont really grasp it. help. :)

I wince whenever I hear these used in hip-hop and rap:

1. Air/care

2. Nigga/trigga

3. Rhythm/system

4. Womb/tomb

5. Mama/drama

Feel free to cover all the other genres. I'm sure the Taliban/Afghanistan combination gets pretty stale in the particularly jingoistic country tunes.

you're right, but it's hard to wait, man.

btw, i speak fluent japanese, my wife is japanese and i have friends all over japan. would it be worth it to have a friend purchase a pair and mail it to me? i wouldn't have to pay my friend, just the cost of the jeans, shipping and customs (which shouldn't be too bad).

Anyone any idea why Prps indicate against dry cleaning on the label of their one rinse?
http://nomdeguerre.net/images/lookbook/screen15.jpg

That scarf-like fabric. But not as expensive as Nom de Guerre, which I believe is $100+. Thanks!

well..

my favorite shops are ABFits (both locations, but the north beach store is more my style), rolo, and american rag sometimes...

but i seriously buy about 80% of my clothing from ab fits. so, yes, stuff like ab fits.

:)

-k

Am I the only one on here that loves Oliver Helden? The first time I saw his stuff was in Blue in Green and I must say I liked it. The t-shirts are awesome quality and the hoodies are too. I think it's in part due to my love of the RAF and SLA.

Does anyone else have it/like it?

I know this is a long shot but if anyone knows of a place where I might be able to get these in a size 10. Preferably new.

Slamjam just sold their last pair in my size when I already wrote that I would get them, so I'm a bit pissed off.

Anyone?

Anywhere?

Anyway?

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone, I'm a native san franciscan but I moved out pretty early in my life, at 10yrs old (to live in mexico for 8 years and italy for another 2), I'm coming back in august to visit my relatives. I am unfortunately 20 years old and therefore cannot legally drink. Is there any hotspots (clubs, lounges, wine bars, trendy places in general) that might be just a little lenient? if it helps I look much older than I am (I always get 23 to 25). Let me know, if not I can always resort to sticking to cafés and restaurants!

here's the deal kids... im 6', 150lbs, and have broad shoulders and very long torso. i mean really long, cause even tho im 6' most of my inseams are 30 or 32 inch. when i buy medium shirts they are usually pretty short on me and the shoulders are tight, but when i go lrg they are much too baggy. what should i do?
What d'yall think about the upcoming fall winter G-star coats? Discuss.

g-star.com

Oh shit, didn't mean to start a new thread, I was meant to post on the other freshjive/stussy one but hit new topic instead. sorry
is anyone on here from tucson arizona?

sorry for the stupid thread but i am just curious to know:D

I got a Swiss Army backpack and it came with some crazed $10,000 warranty. Anyways, I've had it for years and the sucker looks brand new, works fine, and doesn't even have a Supreme patch embroidered in it.

Im thinking about getting one of these off digitalgravel, i know one of the dudes on here works with them(owner?)

but anyway, i wanna get the fur hood hoody, and just wondering how it fits.

anyone buy one of these, hows the construction/warmth?

... queue arse jokes.

On a serious note, being East Asian, I unfortunately have no arse, so when I try on jeans like Edwin, more recently the Sorahikos by 45rpm, it looks like I've pooped myself, due to the "large seating" on their jeans. so what jeans would you recommend for someone like me?

Nudie Slim Jims and Dior Homme 19cm seem to fit me nicely around the bum area so I'm looking for a pair of similiar fit to those. I don't really want to buy the two mentioned, as I'm ideally looking for Japanese denim from a Japanese label in a raw flavour if possible... someone in another thread recommended Samurais S0505XX, do they have a large seat? or will I be fine? I've also been looking at Skull Jeans 5507xx, can any one comment on those?

Any help (not jokes) would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.exactitudes.com/

Thought you supergays would like this.

In NYC til October. Need a good hip-hop club without the pretentiousness and gangsta-thug vibe. Peace!
Anyone want to do my Intro to C++ homework assingments for $20? There are 6 assignments, they don't have to be too technical since it's an intro class. Since the PM system is down you can email me at [email protected]

It should be pretty easy for anyone that knows C++

I just got my greycasts like 2 days ago...Just want some opinions. I'm not that skinny and didn't want any cameltoe shit going on...How do they look? =/
I've seen the term around alot so,

as the topic states, What is Nike Quickstrike?

do you remember when they would sew your name into your soccer boots if you ordered them custom online?

do they do that with other kicks like dunks etc.?!?

i check nikeid site and theres not anywhere to put that kinda thing in.. but it'd be shit hot!

haaaahh

Looking for more info on PRPS:

General info - history?

Do they have a website?

Where to get in in London (apart from the few bits they had in Duffer)?

Thanks

Ive got a plain belt, was thinkin of mounting a NES control pad to the buckle, its the type where the belt slides in and you slide the pin across the keep the belt tight, any thoughts on how i can do this??

ive already considered . strong adesive

anyother ideas?

any tips on where to look for listings? mainly interested in hiphop related stuff but possibly others too..

oh and I'll be in NY around 23-27th of this month if anyone happens to know any dates..

cheers

for the record I was looking for music listings, not Dr Jays :o

congrats on 3k Jimbob

Golden Gloves, Witts, and OMC made this post. You forgot me though son. I guess I come too epic with it.....

Haha, actually I intended to include you, but your first couple threads were about how hot certain girls were, examples ... your Kate FW06 thread and your Rachel Comey thread .. and then you jump to Wiley Retires.

You managed not to make any question threads in your first couple months.

Haha, actually I intended to include you, but your first couple threads were about how hot certain girls were, examples ... your Kate FW06 thread and your Rachel Comey thread .. and then you jump to Wiley Retires.

You managed not to make any question threads in your first couple months.

Oh word.

I didn't realize those were all thread starters (I should have by their nature, but I'm a bit slow right now).

I'm not much for starting threads, in fact, in my early years, I much preferred to try and END them.

ahh...i'd like to see what my first post was (not as ftb2, but the original ftb who i had banned by request). too lazy to go find it now, i am sure it is not very interesting...i don't even remember why i came to SF in the first place. I think it was after i got banned from TFS i needed another fashion board to post at.

edit: nvm i remember datasupa pointed out a post i made in that 'fuck minya' thread that was sort of me screaming 'freedom!' after having been banned at TFS...and like data says, that post is sorta ironic haha.

just came across this gem:

Yep. And I got tired of the whole clique-ish self-congratulatory, mutual pat on the back schmoozing that goes on there really fast. The moderators delete any trace of negativity, criticism or confrontation...they're trying so hard to preserve this image of a perfect community where everyone is all friendly and smiles, when in reality it's become so repressed with tensions bubbling underneath the surface. Seriously TFS reminds me of scenarios like Nurse Ratchet in "One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" or even The Truman Show.

The most fucked up thing I remembered was when some girl posted a message with a really grave tone hinting at suicidal tendencies, and people just kept on going about how they have so much homework or they have a huge crush on their best friend's boyfriend as if nothing had happened.

Edited by Fade to Black on Mar 23, 2006 at 07:03 AM

haha i thought i was dustin hoffman in the graduate running out of that church and getting on the bus...