Skateboards?

flex0r

^^^yeah i know a guy who won't skate stage 9's...just sticks w/old stage 8's or earlier. and yeah i cracked my rear baseplate on my last set but it didn't really affect anything, but lo and behold, when i finally swapped them out for new ones and took them apart, it turned out that the kingpin was rattling around inside the baseplate (tho you could only tell once the bolt came off). yikes. i have a love hate relationship w/the stock indy bushings too...if you haven't tried it yet, swap out the stock bushings w/Bones medium bushings...so sick, nice and soft, instant break-in, no splitting. holla doctorgnar.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, both of mine the baseplate actually split in half... all the way from one side to the other. stock indy bushings are usually good for me, but i ride my shit looser than a bitch with 20 kids. might try the bones soft tho if they are good.

usually the first thing to go for me tho is the axles... i bend em so bad my board turns in a 15' radius.... can go in circles at the skatepark if i lose it.

yeah, both of mine the baseplate actually split in half... all the way from one side to the other. stock indy bushings are usually good for me, but i ride my shit looser than a bitch with 20 kids. might try the bones soft tho if they are good.

yeah i ride mine really loose as well and the medium bones feel about the same as the stock indy's, softness-wise (the orange stock indy's are actually the 'medium' indy/supercush bushings as well). also i found that the bones bushings actually seem to get a little bit softer with time (which is the opposite for the orange which get harder and then split). been noticing more and more guys in photos (BA, Alex Olson, Trujillo, etc) rockin the Bones bushings too...

im running some bones bushings in royals.. they're good. the shape is kinda odd though.

ive gone through a few royal baseplates in the past but i was getting freebees for a while so i still have em. does anyone else ride tight? i dunno maybe because ive gained a lil weight and skate bowls a lot more, but i feel better with tighter trucks and with bigger wheels 54-56mm.

girl/choc's been making decks in china for at least 2 or 3 years now so if you've been riding them you've been riding china wood. doesn't bother me to be honest, girl decks are pretty much all i skate...i love the shapes and the wood is generally good.

Ah, never spotted it - just saw a made in china sticker on an element deck at a friend's house ...

so what brands are still US? Canada made?

Decks - Alien Workshop, Toy Machine or Enjoi

Trucks - Indy's or Royals. Don't ever cop Krux, recently got a pair and they're by far the worst truck I've ever used in my life. Biggest pieces of shit.

Wheels - Spitfire or Hubba. Don't ever use Ricta.

Bearings - Bones Swiss for life

agree 100% with bones swiss bearings but hubbas suck dick rictas are way better and i have a set of bones wheels i got from my friend now they've been holding up pretty good

I ride ventures and although they serve their purpose, I cant help but think that they kinda blow at times. I've just gotten so used to the same pair of trucks for so long that they've broken in to exactly how I want them, but that was after like a year with the same pair. Luckily I'm snagging a pair of indys from my buddy, excited to see how the feel.

Also, powerslides are my fav shit, anyone suggest a solid wheel I can dig even harder into?

when i used to ride venture the kingpins used to go really quick. replacing those was almost impossible. can't vouch for royals. they're nothing special, even guy mariano said they sucked at one point and he co-owns the company.

I ride ventures and although they serve their purpose, I cant help but think that they kinda blow at times. I've just gotten so used to the same pair of trucks for so long that they've broken in to exactly how I want them, but that was after like a year with the same pair. Luckily I'm snagging a pair of indys from my buddy, excited to see how the feel.

Also, powerslides are my fav shit, anyone suggest a solid wheel I can dig even harder into?

skated a pair of ventures once and snapped the kingpin quickly.

deck - girl

trucks - indy low

wheels - spitfire

china bone reds

swap out the stock bushings w/Bones medium bushings...so sick, nice and soft, instant break-in, no splitting. holla doctorgnar.
been noticing more and more guys in photos (BA, Alex Olson, Trujillo, etc) rockin the Bones bushings too...

Bones bushings are rad! I didn't think too many people were up on them, but I guess not.

I also noticed in a BA photo (Skateboard Mag with the Fourstar article) that his Indy's had the medium Bones bushings in them.

seems like venture quality and geometry has gotten worse over time...back around 98 indy had like their worst-ever quality, ultra bendy axles which would start slipping instantly. i was over them and wanted a low truck so i switched to ventures and rode them for a long time. about a year and a half ago i had a set that i'd been riding for a while and the kingpin broke, got a new set and they were terrible, horrible turn even if you had the nut barely on. that's when i switched back to regular indy 139's and haven't looked back since, super stoked on indy's again

As mentioned above, Bones Street Tech Formula wheels are really dope (IMO), cause they don't flat spot, at least not easily. (all wheels will eventually flat spot).

Spitfire has come out with a supposedly flat spot resistant wheel called "Street Burners". I haven't had a chance to try them out, but Spitfire has always been one of the best (if not the best) wheel manufacturers, so I'm sure they're legit.

i pretty much only ride spitfire classics and love them but i go thru like a set a month...i've got to get a fresh set every time i swap out my deck just 'cause they're terrible by that time, crazy flatspots. i just ordered a set of those F1 Park Burners 'cause they're 98D instead of the standard 99 and figured they'd flatspot less. we'll see. wanted to try the Street Burners at some point too but thought they might be worse w/the flatspots 'cause they're even harder (100)?

^rictas are cool for smooth parks but suck on the street.

i put some roller skate wheels on my shit the other day.. fuckin badass.. feel like some oj's or something but so soft and smooth. wheel bite is an issue, but go bomb a hill with some roller skate wheels shit is fun.

All this skatedorking just makes me wanna go out and ride. Unfortunately, it's snowing and I am stuck at work..

Never knew there were so many skaters on SuFu!

same here, it's snowing and so damn windy i can't even bare to go outside to have a ciggie...

^rictas are cool for smooth parks but suck on the street.

i put some roller skate wheels on my shit the other day.. fuckin badass.. feel like some oj's or something but so soft and smooth. wheel bite is an issue, but go bomb a hill with some roller skate wheels shit is fun.

yeah, back in 96 i had some huge kryptonics that id throw on just to cruise, wallie shit, whatever. had to be 65mm and 80 somthing hardness.

^^^yeah i know a guy who won't skate stage 9's...just sticks w/old stage 8's or earlier. and yeah i cracked my rear baseplate on my last set but it didn't really affect anything, but lo and behold, when i finally swapped them out for new ones and took them apart, it turned out that the kingpin was rattling around inside the baseplate (tho you could only tell once the bolt came off). yikes. i have a love hate relationship w/the stock indy bushings too...if you haven't tried it yet, swap out the stock bushings w/Bones medium bushings...so sick, nice and soft, instant break-in, no splitting. holla doctorgnar.

hell yeaa i run those bones medium white bushings with indy's and they are the shitt. they feel so good right away like broken in indy bushings straight out the box. indy's are the best trucks i think, but i've had the krux downlos and they grind superrr smooth man