levis 501xx 1955 and 47'

Brienneoftarth

yes they do shrink two full sizes, with the majority of the shrinkage after the first wash. they will also stretch out a bit like any jean will. if a 36 preshrunk 501 fits well on you - try one on if you haven't - then buy a 38. also remember that the 47 is a bit slimmer than the 55 - use that to tailor your fit a bit either way. but trying one on is a good idea if you're unsure. then just do it.

if u dont mind me pokin my nose in...i know with alot jeans especially levis and the lvc collection that u need to get em so tight they u can hardly get into...this means u can wear them out and strech how u like...it also depends on they denim they use..im not sure wiht the ones u wnat but maybe u should check it out

DENIMAN DAVE icon_smile_clown.gif

I have both the '47 and '55 LVC 501xx (36x36) and they fit almost identical in the waist size. When I first washed em (cold water) they shrank about an inch in the waist and a couple inches in length. The '55s as you know are cut fuller in the seat and wider in the legs than the '47s. If I could figure out how to post a photo I'd post one of my four year old '47s that are lookin awesome.

crownzip....i'm planning on buying them on the net cus it seems thats the only place i can find em. what size jeans do u wear in other brands? i dont like my jeans super tight. I like a pretty normal cut, but i dont want anything very baggy......also, i probably wouldn't wash them for at least 6 months so they stretch alot and all...

Quote:

I have both the '47 and '55 LVC 501xx (36x36) and they fit almost identical in the waist size. When I first washed em (cold water) they shrank about an inch in the waist and a couple inches in length. The '55s as you know are cut fuller in the seat and wider in the legs than the '47s. If I could figure out how to post a photo I'd post one of my four year old '47s that are lookin awesome.

--- Original message by crownzip on Sep 21, 2005 08:09 AM

www.imageshack.us

I have a pair of 30W 1947 that have not been washed yet. They fit nice and snug in the waist. I have a waist measurement of 32 though. I have no idea how they size their jeans, but every time i buy levis STF (not lvc) i buy a 31W and they end up shrinking down to my right size.