ILLuminate

High End Chinos

update: pulled the trigger on the hickey jawns, got them in the mail today, shits mad vanity sized. I wanna say my sz 32s measured more like 34", returning for 31s. should get them in two+ weeks. but from what i saw:

-really nice details. inside is mad pretty, taped seams, waistband lined with oxford+striped broadcloth?

-fit is pretty similar to that pic up there actually. long rise, tapered leg, didnt fit perfect due to sizing conflict but has mad potential.

-inseam comes standard, pre hemmed in what im guessing is a 34

bottomline: not worth a cop at retail ($200) but score them on the cheap @ the hickey end of season sales for less than half, worth your money

sounds liek a MAD KOPZ fading bleu, esp for the sick price u paid for the Jawnzzzzzz.

But then again pics would be helpful too

Ok off the top of my head:

- EG

- Garbstore

- Rag & Bone

- UVC

- Acne pops

Anything else? I need more chinos/khakis/casual trousers.

I'd also take a look at the Our Legacy chinos. I was pretty impressed with the construction and quality of the fabric. However, I ended up returning mine as the fit just didn't seem to work on my type of frame.

I'd also take a look at the Our Legacy chinos. I was pretty impressed with the construction and quality of the fabric. However, I ended up returning mine as the fit just didn't seem to work on my type of frame.

what's your type of frame?

are the our legacy really all that slim? it's a mixed bag from the photos i've looked at.

what's your type of frame?

are the our legacy really all that slim? it's a mixed bag from the photos i've looked at.

I feel I'm really too skinny for them to look decent on me. The ones I bought, even though they were the smallest size (xs/44), just looked ridiculous in the thigh/top block. The fit is a classic loose tapered type and would be great for guys who are more of an average to larger build. Do note, however, that the waist is higher than most modern trousers; like I said, the fit is a classic one.

j+uniqlo have a olive colourway. from the pics its not a typical olive though. theres a pair in supermarket.

i have a pair of APC skinny fit chino's if anyone is interested, just a heads up sufu!

these cheap monday chinos fit pretty nicely. i wish it was a lighter shade of grey though :/.

cheapmondayslimchinogre.jpg

cheap monday ones are so nice, i wish i could find them in a 32 /black ANYWHERE...

I was looking for pictures of Bills Khakis M3, and I stumbled upon a rakuten store selling M4s. Definitely a better fitting top block. I sent an e-mail to BIlls asking if they are ever going to introduce these to the US.

Anyone have any experience with them? The people on certain old fogey forums go nuts over the others, so I figured it might be worth a look.

Not a regular here so my fault if these have already been discussed, but I looked through the last 3 or 4 pages and saw no mention:

J Crew "Urban Slim-fit Cotton twill Bowery Pant"

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/MensBrowse/Men_Shop_By_Category/pantsbyfit/urbanslim/PRDOVR~21606/21606.jsp

Despite the ridiculous name, these look pretty decent. Anyone own a pair?

does anyone have any experience with opening ceremony chinos?

I had a pair and the button ripped through the material and fell off in about a months wear, total ass.

aaah where to find these in that same maroon tone!!?!?!?

dickies-um3876_7.jpg

or does anyone know where else i can kop maroon chinos

Edited by mr.invincible

norse projects make them in maroon most seasons and imo have the best chinos for the price (under $250).

Edited by conqueror

norse projects make them in maroon mosts season and imo make the best chinos for the price (under $250).

damn, rust red is all they have.. thanks tho

got some carhatt sid's. Really comfy, little bit of stretch, nice feel and constructions pretty good. Maybe a touch shorter than i'd like and zip fly, otherwise the best pair i've had. recommend

Yeh, 1 top button, and a zip.