High End Chinos

ILLuminate

Does anybody know of any higher-end, quality pair of slim-fitting chinos? I'm looking for the "APC NS" of chinos, so to speak. Great details, nice fit, quality material that you can actually tell apart from any regular pair of chinos.

I've heard good thing about uniqlo vintago chinos and jcrew chinos, does anybody have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Does anybody know of any higher-end, quality pair of slim-fitting chinos? I'm looking for the "APC NS" of chinos, so to speak. Great details, nice fit, quality material that you can actually tell apart from any regular pair of chinos.

I've heard good thing about uniqlo vintago chinos and jcrew chinos, does anybody have any other suggestions?

Thanks

I only also know of the Oni Killer Chinos from BIG and the KMW selvedge chinos from context. I think Supreme also has nice chinos, but I feel like they're overpriced. I think Samurai also has a chino type of thing. I'm not sure. They might be denim. I remember seeing persimmon dyed denim.

Crate chino. There's a thread discussing them on the other SF....

Hugo Boss make decent pants. Quality would not wow anybody, but they're good when bought on sale.

Or if you don't mind going off the sufu-beaten path, look for Incotex, Mabitex, or Masons. Available on eBay, Yoox, among other places. Do check measurements before buying though, for they all have different models in a variety of cuts.

he Uniqlo vintage chinos are more military inspired, while J. Crew's are more dressy.

J. Crew is currently selling an "officer's chino" that's very similar to the UVCs--slubby cotton, coin pocket, etc. No donut button, though, and they look baggier than the UVCs.

Barney's coop usually has Mason's. They also carry a house-brand chino that has a nice hand to the fabric. Not very slim, though.

J. Crew is currently selling an "officer's chino" that's very similar to the UVCs--slubby cotton, coin pocket, etc. No donut button, though, and they look baggier than the UVCs.

Yeah, I saw those, but I was referring to J. Crew's "essential" chinos. Plus, Uniqlo's vintage chinos are less than half the price of the J. Crew officer chinos.

OT, but I really wish Uniqlo's chinos didn't have felled outseams. I know it's more authentic and suits the aesthetic they are going for, but I'd prefer a regular outseam. I still really like them though.

I feel like "slim" in Chino talk is different than "slim" in Jeans. In other words, I consider the Uniqlo joints a "slim Chino" pant, but they're by no means tight. Maybe you're looking for Skinny Chinos?

Fuck I dont know.

Not a very helpful post, but just got me thinking...

i know what you mean, im looking for something slim, but not skinny. i havent really worn any chinos outside of when i HAD to wear them as part of a dress code, so i didnt really care about them that much. the ones i have (and from what i remember most of the ones that i encountered in stores) seemed to be on the baggy side. I'm not looking for skintight or anything near that, just a nice slim fit.

What kind of look are you going for, military or dress?

The Uniqlo vintage chinos are more military inspired, while J. Crew's are more dressy.

Dressy, but not too dressy where it doesnt mix with my wardrobe

I'd say go to a J. Crew and try on a pair of the slim fit essential chinos.

You're right in that many chinos have a relaxed (read: baggy) cut , but the J. Crew slim fits are, well, fitted.

Or, If you live near NY, I'd say get the UVC's, or you could always order them from Uniqlo sight unseen and then sell them in the Supermarket if they aren't what you thought they'd be.

yea im right outside of the city (when im not in college).

by the way, i knew you could buy stuff from the the uniqlo website, but i assumed you had to have an address in japan (since the site is in japanese). I've tried to navigate the site before but my japanese isn't that good, i just end up getting frustrated haha.

thanks for the help everyone

I heard good things about save khaki too.

How are theirs in slimness and pricing ( I guess more expensive :) ) compared to the classic fit of j crew chinos?

Normal khakis are 100, slims are 120. Cool store/people.

I have a few pairs of the normals, don't own the slims as I like to wear khakis in the summer very baggy-slacker, but from what I recall trying the slims on, they were still very far from slim. Hopefully, I'll be in NYC soon or can convince them to send me a few pairs and I'll check out the slims as I'd like to change it up.

I saw a guy trying on sandals with these chinos that, when cuffed, revealed a pink lining with a paisley type print on the interior -- sort of similar to those red junya's from last season -- anyone have a clue what these might be? I was going to bug him but he was fighting with his gf.

The upcoming Mister Freedom chinos are pretty insane for chinos.. i think you can get them directly from his store or various Japanese sites within the next month or so..