Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

the first pair i bought fit like yours seafinch, but they were tight on the waist. i wish now i had just stretched them out.. would have saved a lot of money on my part.

Yeah dude.

These fit perfect.

I just wore them out for the first time and the waist is already pretty comfortable.

I'm so stoked on them I mightget the black ones.

My 710s were bought slightly second-hand (only a few wears). When I got them in the post they were still pretty rigid - although had been hot soaked - but I soaked them cold in the bath for 5 minutes just so they'd dry stiff and then shape more to me than the previous owner. After a couple of weeks they've really softened and the stacks I had have now become pretty... unimpressive - non-existent, particularly above mid-shin.

I assume this isn't normaI as I remember 78 having posted the pics of his after 8 weeks or so of continuous wear and they'd stacked all the way up the thigh ... even when he showed them sat on the floor unworn! Other posters have also shown impressive stacks despite weeks/months of wear.

Think I need to starch or give them a longer cold soak? Or even try something else? It's all about the stack for me so I'd appreciate any advice to bring these back to life.

i saw those too, doubt theyre 710wx though, that leg opening looks too wide to me

seafinch, you stretched them out 1" wider than they were presoak?

nice.

how exactly did you go about doing this..

my perfect size's thighs/knee is looser than i prefer, but now im thinking of sizing down

and just stretchin the waist

i'm sure it'll sound kind of lame, but i bought this plastic waist stretcher deal off ebay and it works great.

After they've been soaked i just put it in the waist and crank it out to where i want them then let them dry and they're usually perfect.

I was thinking of doing the same. How much did you score one for?

On my left thigh right at the end of my pocket, a rogue knot because undone and I had to sear it off, exposing only white threads

n6ymgx.jpg

I am worried it's going to become a hole due to the friction that occurs there, do you guys have any advice? I don't really want to patch it, because it's so small.

On my left thigh right at the end of my pocket, a rogue knot because undone and I had to sear it off, exposing only white threads

I am worried it's going to become a hole due to the friction that occurs there, do you guys have any advice? I don't really want to patch it, because it's so small.

Just leave it alone...if it becomes a hole, you can patch it then.

Wow no pain at all? I sized down 1 for my 710 and i was in pain for 3 days.

It was hard to get the last button done, but that was mostly just cause it's so damn hard to button them out of a soak. Once i wore them for maybe 6 hours they were perfect.

Yesterday there was some pain in the backs of my knees - but that wasn't cause they're too tight, just really stiff.

I was thinking of doing the same. How much did you score one for?

Around $15.

It was worth it - i've used it a few times.

Quick Jin update. Less than a month of real wear and already alotta blue showing through. Anyone elses Jins starting to fade this fast too?

http://i28.tinypic.com/2mhh0zs.jpg

indeed. i've worn mine on and off for about 4 months and everything above the knee is so blue, while below the knee the denim still looks brand new.

I am in the process of trying to stretch out my Jins right now. I have wet them, rammed a coat hanger into the waist, and am waiting to see what effect this will have.

That did not go well. I stretched them by hand and rammed a hanger in them, and they seem smaller now.