how does your mate/do you want your mate to dress?

Sayword

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very fashionably and i wouldnt have it any other way

she interned with a highly respected new york based designer so obviously she has somrthing going for her and man... its awesome

actually im going to expand, this is kind of interesting

i can't see myself dating anyone without an equal interest in fashion. i have no interest in girls that dress shitty, and it's awesome being able to talk fashion and get a second good opinion on gear and stuff

plus, sexy girls that dress sexier = super sexy

basically

I was actually thinking about this today; there's a fair amount of us here with significant-others and other than the hap/bizzy tweed/soepom combos, we don't see a lot. I'm wondering how many are roughly on the same level as their partner, style-wise.

My girlfriend's tastes have changed a bit since we started dating, but she was pretty knowledgeable back then. Her mom worked for Birks when it was still family-owned, and had to dress accordingly (she was basically told to head to Holt's). She's got some awesome taste for the classier stuff and it's been passed on to her and her (twin) sister. Like sean said, it's awesome having that other opinion, and it's nice not being terrified at the prospect of clothing being a gift anymore.

hmm, not sure if she dresses too far from me to actually say she dresses drastically different. most of what i wear is pretty basic streetwear inspired shit (i draw inspirations from members like doctorgnar, dunkindeeznut...basically less obscene print shirts, more work-wear-esq clothes(?). albeit, i dont look the part or pull it off as well, but its not as much of a drastic difference as if i were wearin gothninja steez or anything.

but i do always get shit for wearing "tight" jeans comapred to my friends...who are all much more into hiphop asian typical wear...

pretty much uggs and sevens. several tank tops layered on top of each other, with some fresh gucci frames.

Yeah, I saw her at the boat friday night.

++hollister.rockrepub.UGGGGS

No f'real, I saw her at the boat. She was steezied aight tho.

Um, my girl rocks good stuff generally. Tsubi, James Perse, Acne, etc.

how do you date girls that wear ugg boots? unfucwittable

my girl is fashionable in a different way. she goes from wearing mayle and chloe dresse to wearing leggings, an aa deepv and a scarf. I prefer the chloe stuff, but its nice to have someone who can mix it up.

the thing I hate about her fashion sense is that she hates riding bikes because, as she says it, "you have to look ugly to ride a bike." c'est vrai, mais..

how do i date someone who wears uggs? cuz i try not to be a pretentious dick who only dates girls based on what they wear.

plus, i honestly think the right style and body, ugg boots look cute on girls. the problems come when corny white girls wear the ugg boots with weird fuzzy balls hanging from them and shit. but mostly, im not gonna dictate who i date based on how they dress

plus, i honestly think the right style and body, ugg boots look cute on girls. the problems come when corny white girls wear the ugg boots with weird fuzzy balls hanging from them and shit. but mostly, im not gonna dictate who i date based on how they dress

i seriously feel like UGGs are corny white girls' response to japanese girls in leg warmers. same concept, not as cute.

the last guy i dated wore what he liked despite hype or brand. the best part about that was his confidence so it didn't really matter what he wore, his attitude made it look good.

regarding not dating someone who isn't into fashion or clothes as you are: "I agreed that what really matters is what you like, not what you are like... Books, records, films -- these things matter. Call me shallow but it's the fuckin' truth, and by this measure I was having one of the best dates of my life."

-high fidelity

my girl has really good personal style

she has really good outfits that don't require $$$$$$$

she isnt into brand whoring at all

she'll wear whatever looks good, even if it was $2 at walmart...

she has a really good body for clothes too though, since shes rail thin, she can layer really well and have it all look good...

i could never date a girl i thought dressed like shit... or had a typical college girl look

how do you date girls that wear ugg boots? unfucwittable

my girl is fashionable in a different way. she goes from wearing mayle and chloe dresse to wearing leggings, an aa deepv and a scarf. I prefer the chloe stuff, but its nice to have someone who can mix it up.

the thing I hate about her fashion sense is that she hates riding bikes because, as she says it, "you have to look ugly to ride a bike." c'est vrai, mais..

DONT YOU KNOW THE GIRLS WITH UGGS ARE THE FREAKS? BOOTS WIT DA FUR MANG.

very fashionable, alot of vintage, alot of oversized shirts/dresses. Maybe abit japanese street run through a swedish fashion design school filter.

Ive gotten her abit interested in vintage work wear aswell, her last buy in that vein was a super nice herringbone mechanics overalls. I think she´ll remake it into a pair of pants and and a weird jacket though, too bad as she looked super cute in the overalls... Shes wearing alot of black though, so we might not always match that well.

I really enjoy being with someone thats really into style/desing, and even interested in fabrics stuff like that. Alot of interesting topics to cover, and I can actually geek out about details on old workwear and she thinks its interesting:)

One reason I have if I should dump~ my girlfriend.. she's not into fashion at all.

Good for her that she's hot though. But would be hotter if she could pay attention on what she's wearing n' go size zero for me.

this thread is worthless without pix

Dont think anyone want ppls at sufu to wank off to their girlfriends.

Or do they?

Oh well.. what the heck, here ya go:

ugg-boots-lady-757004.jpg