Stop Repping WAYWT Posts

englandmj7

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that he's not saying not to rep outfits you like but I think he's implying that since most posters use most of their reps in the WAYWT, everyone ends up having some (you rep the best and some average ones until you're out) and it creates an equalizing effect that validate mediocre outfits by posters that are not incited to contribute any other way. As retarded as it sound rep on sufu is certainly an incentive, although how big an effect it has and what are the exact triggers haven't been fully explored.

Fair point but I also think that to an extent this is okay because it essentially reflects the current sentiment of the collective sufu body or what have you. All the people who get by on mediocre fits that dont contribute anything else serve as checkpoints/reminders of what is acceptable at the time. If their fit is just a regurgitation of all the popular brands at the time with a decent fit, while it isnt that spectacular or memorable it demonstrates that they arent displeasing in the eye of a majority of the people here. That is their contribution I think, the generic but not offending fits are what come to mind when people say the "superfuture look." That isnt to say that a very average looker should have the same rep as cotton/sidney and be treated with the same level of reverence/dickridership

Rep on outfits is also interesting because you sometimes see some trends, for example my last outfit was posted here and elsewhere and got some, hmm, love from quite a few dudes who like dudes. Does it mean I can go down the block and make some money on the side because I look like an American gigolo? Was my cock showing? Do I look fruity? Was it my manly face and perfect haircut? Will sleaze stop posting inapropriate commentsa about my behind? You can get some pretty honest feedback by anonymous strangers that actually complement the nuances of everyday human interaction and that’s instructive too.

Rep on outfits is also interesting because you sometimes see some trends, for example my last outfit was posted here and elsewhere and got some, hmm, love from quite a few dudes who like dudes. Does it mean I can go down the block and make some money on the side because I look like an American gigolo? Was my cock showing? Do I look fruity? Was it my manly face and perfect haircut? Will sleaze stop posting inapropriate commentsa about my behind? You can get some pretty honest feedback by anonymous strangers that actually complement the nuances of everyday human interaction and that’s instructive too.

I'm just a sucker for that sexy accent of yours.

Rep on outfits is also interesting because you sometimes see some trends, for example my last outfit was posted here and elsewhere and got some, hmm, love from quite a few dudes who like dudes. Was my cock showing?

No homo, yor last fit was good, but your last fit had a lil bit of 'toe'

Note that he's not saying not to rep outfits you like but I think he's implying that since most posters use most of their reps in the WAYWT, everyone ends up having some (you rep the best and some average ones until you're out) and it creates an equalizing effect that validate mediocre outfits by posters that are not incited to contribute any other way. As retarded as it sound rep on sufu is certainly an incentive, although how big an effect it has and what are the exact triggers haven't been fully explored.

the problem now is everyone who posts regularly in WAYWT and supertrash almost certainly has 6 green blocks.

obviously if the rep bar was all relative in terms of overall rep score it'd have more of an effect.

basically all the admin(s) (Wayne or whoever) have to do is change the scoring for each level of rep, so that let's say only the top tier members (hap, rira, lowrey etc) will have full dark green.

also if u have alot of rep u should be able to neg more motherfuckers. I hate running out of rep for negs.

at the end of the day we can say it doesnt fucking matter or who gives a shit, but its fuckin there right next to the av, you're lying if u don't notice it..

PS : pretty much anyone who joined after 07 doesnt deserve full green. pay your dues fuckers.

like a few others have said already, WAYWTs are probably the most relevant reps on the forum. if you are on a fashion oriented forum, should you be well known for being fashionable, or for being witty? not that WAYWT should be the end-all-be-all rep getter, but really i would hope that on a board like sufu, there should be some correlation between the green bars and the person's actually ability to discern what looks good and what doesnt. and that means not just within their own genre, goth ninja or streetwear or whatever, but be able to differentiate where a person is coming from and recognize what is good. basically, if someone who is immensely popular here is giving me advice on what im wearing it's comforting to know they arent just an e-talking sack of shit

I imagine that most of us use the forum for sales info, info on new lines & designers, sizing questions, denim information, runway pics, suggestions, new trends, travel information, finding out where to buy hard-to-find things, supermarket, etc. It's also a great place for a multi-cultural outlook that isn't present when simply viewing WAYWT.

Just because someone has 8 pairs of $2000 boots or every Supreme t-shirt since 1999 doesn't mean they are helping anyone hone their fashion sense.

the rep system is nothing but a circle jerk, be it in waywt or supertrash. the only way to improve this forum via the rep system is by getting rid of it

that said, i will continue to rep any post i find impressive, funny or helpful and i rarely neg rep people unless they really deserve it.