goldengloves

Leave the gate open or close it?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Leave the gate open or close it?

• Let em through, no visa required.
    • Close the damn flood gates.
    • Invite only.
    • I don't care enough.

I don't know about everyone else but after registration has opened up I'm getting pretty tired of deleting stupid comments, posts, and threads as well as seeing all the new members who contribute absolutely ZERO.

Maybe the best way would be to make it invite only as someone has suggested before.

This place just aint as fun with all the crap.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Invite only is useless... people that want to register will find invites.

Unless invites were only given to members that have over XXX posts or joined before a certain date..

give invites to ppl w/ certain amount of rep pts

like 1 per 1000 or something

This is a good idea.. but i say even less, one invite for every fifteen hundred points.

Maybe you could do invite only for accounts that have access to all forums, but have regular registration that gives access to the supermarket. You could argue that people could instead just put stuff up on ebay, but I think that buying in selling in the market is a type of contribution, and after someone has proved competent in trading they could be upgraded to a provisional account to the other discussion forums.

Superfuture has been relatively boring since the banning escapades of fall '07. To close the community and take ourselves that seriously? What is the fun in that? Leave it open.

Honestly, this place was more fun back when we discussed our $150 jeans and coordinated Cambodian farmer's scarves with blank cotton tees and everybody could have a row.

Guest chemi

As far as March registrants go, the only one that contributes anything redeeming is "OMG". Other than that, they all seem to be saying/asking the same thing in the both the APC / Supreme threads.

Invite only keeps a lot of weirdos out. It works out for many private bittorrent sites. It would also make some already members value their membership and pull less shit. But then, also like bittorrent, you get an elite of snobby people circle jerking themselves about how awesome they are.

That is the first meaningful thing I have said

invites - based on rep points sounds a decent idea although 1/1000 seems too high - i would say 2 every 500 rep or somehting. but th i woul be happy with just clsing teh fucking gates and disabling everyone except dark with more than 100 negative or with under 50 posts and soely neg rep or something.

But also think about how many current members started off similarly and are now standard sufuers who hold their own for the most part.

ericdw's idea is good - trial by fire, put in enough posts in a noob subforum where those that accrue enough rep based on the value of their posts cross the river styx.

like oOmega said, letting the uninitiated run amok in supertrash from the get go is recipe for disaster.