korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

yo, i'm going to korea on thursday, i just found out today. last saturday, i "committed" an offense for being in a park after it closed and will have to go to court november 17. will i have any problems at the airport? i'm traveling with my mom and my parents don't know, so i'd rather keep it that way. i'll be back before november 17th in new york by the way.

i doubt your offense will prevent you from leaving the u.s.a. unless you committed something like a felony. i'm also presuming you're a minor so no big deal dude.

i got caught several times as a minor with possession of marijuana and driving with a suspended license. parents never found out. you know how them korean parents are.

straight suicidal.

haha

for realz? then put u in jail if u smokin?

hardcore.

im landing in just a jizz dribble over a weeks time, hope you homos are as excited as i am.

haha..

so.. whitenoize@lenuitblanche on the 13th (fri) or tiefschwartz@eden on the 14th (sat) for my triumphant return?

akbari in gangnam before hand for food, soju and catchup.

Guest umhaha84
they banned cigarette vending machines a while back. if you look 16 be careful since they will card you in places like kangnam station.

Pretend you don't speak Korean. And watch them as they make fool out of themselves.

I remember I flicked a butt in Uljiro and some old guys ran up and tried to slap me with a 3 manwon fine but I pretended not to speak korean...they got so flustered I felt kinda bad...

I did the same thing in apgujeong this past summer.

some old man and lady double-teamed me and asked for my identification.

handed them my u.s. license and said "no hangeul"

they giggled and walked away after telling me that I can't flick butts anywhere via charades

Haven't had Dos Tacos in a minute but I think Tomatillo Grill has that Tex Mex fast food thing done better. It's got 3 locations that are all inconvenient but it's not bad tasting at all, especially considering it's Korea.

yeah Tomatillo is a ripoff of CHipotle's model. tastes a little different but it's not bad for Korea, at all.

There are a lot more chain options that would be huge in Korea that'd go down better than Chipotle.

Think of all of the white semi upper middle-class type businesses that would do well just based on name alone in Korea, I'm surprised Dean and Deluca hasn't set up shop here yet.

If it goes into a 'premium' mall in America then it'd be good for Korea, then of course Koreans would fuck it all up by trying to Koreanize the menu and trashing any of the brand's core values.

As for old 1990's Korean import brands, you can barely recognize what kind of food the family restaurants in Korea serve anymore, TGIF, Bennigan's, etc, the food is beyond weird now. I don't even know if people realize Bennigan's was supposed to be some sort of Irish-American pub and family restaurant themed thing, because their menu is all 'authentic' pasta and fajitas now.

Lots of food opportunities, business-wise. Korean people just don't know what they want.