korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

damn its been 2.5 weeks in korea and its not as fun anymore because im realizing that money has been going down the drain and i havent really bought much shit either. last time i came i didn't have a gf so it wasn't as bad but now coming with the gf, its costing me double everything. oh yeah do any of you guys know about that secret garden restaurant by the 한강 near 잠실?

this was your biggest mistake mink. never bring the gf to the motherland. you can find them for much less and it won't cost you a LV bag.

i never actually went to eden.. i been to quite alot of the clubs in seoul though as you might imagine.. haha...

we should do a club roundup when im over :)

so whats the kool kid hangouts now? shit seems to change in seoul overnight (or so ive heard)... worry ill be out of the loop on my return

lol you were bitching about this last time. Get your stacks up nigga.

lol i tried hard dismal. i tutored like a mofo in the states before i got here while interning at LG which was non paid so that was kind of pointless in terms of making money. but seriously, i never spent like this in america but on a daily basis ive been using 10-20 man won and i come home with only food/alcohol in my stomach and nothing from shopping.

this was your biggest mistake mink. never bring the gf to the motherland. you can find them for much less and it won't cost you a LV bag.

haha man i worked so hard to buy her the damn LV bag in the states before i came but thank god i bought it there. i was gonna buy it here with duty free but price here is so much higher than in the states.

but once again, have you guys been to that secret garden joint? and also, for once in a blue moon, can u wear jeans and how much should i bring?

mink - never been to that secret garden joint since i rarely kick it on that side of town. been limiting myself mostly to sinsa and kangnam and the occasional i'twon stomp.

went to go check out the new club heaven on saturday...layout is still a bit rough and drink prices are high but some decent looking birds given it was the first opening weekend.

girl on girl action is going down

cause let's admit, we're both lesbians trapped in men's bodies (always an attracted to beezies concept)

yo dizz, btw, where did you say you go to the gym and how much do you pay? when I move there I need to find me a gym that has equipment comparable to american gyms. the gyms I went to while I was there in the summer sucked, no squat racks, dumbbells only went up to 70 lbs and all the benches felt like tampons.

its hard finding decent gyms here in Korea without paying a heavy premium but i got some friends who work out at double h gym and they're all fans - good equipment, mma/boxing/cycle classes and a fair share of good looking ass.

the former california gym nearby rodeo in kangnam re-opened under new management and its supposed to be the shit but REALLY expensive and honestly a bit of a bitch to get too if you don't have a car.

you basically have hi-end gyms or some ghetto ass dong-nae gyms which are just limited to certain neighbourhoods which cater more for the older peeps who want to do the sauna shit and scrub their balls in the steam room.

no thanks.

try double h as i mentioned before. i'll have some peeps try to get you a free week pass.

hey whats a good chill spot near gangnam station? i meeting some chick up sometime this week and that is like the half way point between us but other than the batting cages and the uniqlo i know nothing of that area. suggestions?

hey whats a good chill spot near gangnam station? i meeting some chick up sometime this week and that is like the half way point between us but other than the batting cages and the uniqlo i know nothing of that area. suggestions?

honestly alv, i would avoid kangnam station and go to sinsa instead, better cafes and tons of lookers when your chic gets boring.

but if your chic insists on meeting in kangnam, try hitting up kansai o-deng. there's several locations but i believe the easiest one to find if located in the alley behind the batting cages. not the immediate alley but the second where car's are parked along the walls. if ur not a fishcake fan, they have a bunch of other options as well.

honestly alv, i would avoid kangnam station and go to sinsa instead, better cafes and tons of lookers when your chic gets boring.

but if your chic insists on meeting in kangnam, try hitting up kansai o-deng. there's several locations but i believe the easiest one to find if located in the alley behind the batting cages. not the immediate alley but the second where car's are parked along the walls. if ur not a fishcake fan, they have a bunch of other options as well.

thanks dude, actually i took the last chick to sinsa, and i did have a good time there but this girl lives kinda far like the halfway point between us is the gangnam station so thats why but we'll see maybe i can get her to come up closer

and yeah, like i said on your facebook, hate anything seafood related, and dont know this chicks tastes in food yet

Headed to Seoul next month and will be staying for a while in an area of Mapo-gu which I can't think of the name of off the top of my head.

Not sure if anyone is interested in such things, but does anyone have any recommendations of clubs/venues doing a lot in terms of experimental music or related happenings? I have seen some musician names tossed around forever but really don't remember any and don't know where to start.

not much of a music scene here, not much of any scene. People who say otherwise are either in them trying make it, or people with that defeated kind of local pride.

Mapo-gu includes Hongdae, which is the default center of nightlife, which is your best bet. The rest of Mapo is mainly residential but adjoins other nightlife areas like Shinchon, I live in Mapo-gu.

like dismal said, everyone needs to visit hongdae once or twice before seeking out new shit south of the river. anyways here's a basic rundown or update...

answer

volume

eden

naked

heaven

mass

koo-bar

only been to heaven and eden as of recently. i can't personally stand the music in heaven but eden is a bit more easier on the eyes and ears in terms of house and womenz. rape drink prices in heaven but the setup is more like a pit.

dismal - are you still fucking awake???

I should clarify that I am not really looking for nightlife or clubbing spots. Much more interested in tiny dingy hole-in-the-wall-type places. I have fun seeking these places out in Tokyo so I'll see what I can come up with over there.

edit: turns out I'm staying in the Hongdae area, anyway.