korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

Wondering if someone could help me out with a purchase?

I'm back in Tokyo but was wandering Apgujeong-dong Rodeo street last Sunday and came upon a small boutique/label called 206 Homme (http://www.206homme.com).

It's obviously a complete Dior homme/Rick-Owens/etc., goth-mod rip-off label but for 40,000-70,000 yen for a decent leather jacket its a fucking steal!

Didn't have much time to stick around and try on some of the pieces so was wondering if someone could help me with the translations and potentially a transaction (via paypal)?

http://www.206homme.com/front/php/product.php?product_no=1139&main_cate_no=114&display_group=1

IMG_3854a.jpg

Translations:

맞춤제작

패딩안감 <- Guessing this means lining/padding?

So I would assume that if I provided my measurements they could make a MTM version just for me?

I'm assuming they are using the same factories that dismal uses to make his leather jackets for TOJ.

So I would assume that if I provided my measurements they could make a MTM version just for me?

I'm assuming they are using the same factories that dismal uses to make his leather jackets for TOJ.

I wouldn't be quick to assume that. Pretty sure dis is using a smaller group for the jackets and something like this is probably more mass scaled in production. I could be way off of course.

New A-Land opened today north of Hongik. It seriously popped up over night; about a week ago they hadn't even begun work on it and only over the past couple days have they finally begun working on the space. When I was headed home last night they were cutting metal for the stairs and working on the exterior. Suddenly today it is done.

Is A-Land the only store doing business these days? It is the only store I have consistently (or ever) seen customers in.

i just read this entire thread over the course of two days at work. fantastic. some great contributions here, Dis, Dizz, shimshim, scairs thomas ahlvahroe....funny stuff.

my favorite part was when dismal tried to jump the 5ft puddle in itaewon but landed in all 5 feet of the puddle, on his face. i laughed at that so hard and all the traders around me wanted to know what was up...."don't worry about it"

i'll be headed to Seoul in february to work for SMOE...pretty psyched. maybe i'll see you guys around

New A-Land opened today north of Hongik. It seriously popped up over night; about a week ago they hadn't even begun work on it and only over the past couple days have they finally begun working on the space. When I was headed home last night they were cutting metal for the stairs and working on the exterior. Suddenly today it is done.

Is A-Land the only store doing business these days? It is the only store I have consistently (or ever) seen customers in.

Yeah stuff appears magically overnight here, it's pretty wild.

A-Land has a bunch of accounts and I don't know who it is that is holding court there, maybe Shinsegae corp? Shinsegae has their fingers in a lot of brands assholes here...

Interwave Co. - trades APC, JIl Stuart, maybe some other womens stuff.. so Interwave has a pretty heavy account at A-Land obviously, but they do tons of business on cheap Korean domestic labels as well.

They also sell Nepenthes' EG line... so no idea who does that for that but it's coming from Nepenthes apparently.

A Land in Myong dong has a decent load of local stuf for cheap as.

cultizm in apkujeong is the place for nudies, however checking the place out you realise the nudies quality is crap, they've got some swear london shoes too,

these days i reckon the place to start the night is the coex intercontinental wine buffet, nice vibe and always tables full of bettys on piss for goodtimes.

thats about all ive got from my year here, shit basically stays the same, new clubs open and the same people just move around.

I don't really know what happened to Daily, but I went recently, like a month ago, and it almost looked shut down, no clothes, showroom closed off and under construction, not a single soul. That store has tons of internal issues I think, they flip through staff faster than the seasons.

It's possible but probably not though. Daily is just a pet project for the 30 something daughter/heiress of an old Korean designer, Lee Dong Soo, who made his name in golf/casual wear. It's commonly sold all over Korea in the lower 2nd/3rd floor levels of Korean department stores to a nearly senior citizen clientele.

The Lee Dong Soo building houses Daily and it was done by a Japanese architect not really too long ago, so the chances of them renovating or changing the inside is less likely.

That store never sells anything though, they sell a little to all their friends at discount, they style a few k-pop groups, and then I think very rarely do they ever sell anything to the general public, it's just really expensive here for what is basically midmarket (even 7NY can't push that much of their inventory until it goes into one of their aggressive sales)... so Daily, which has always jocked 7NY's buys hard, obviously doesn't do tons of business.

It's common to see people walking around Apkujung with shopping bags from 10 Corso Como, which is incredibly expensive and has a bit more wearable collection of buys, but seeing someone with a Daily Projects bag is very rare.

i need some repairs done on a pair of jeans (yoke, back pocket, and crotch), does neone know a place/ a person who can fix em for me? i dont trust the random ajummas working at the random dry cleaners nemore after one place i went to fcked up a simple hem job. plus to repair the yoke, im sure itll need a heavy duty sewing machine.

they all look dodgey >.< when i got my diors hemmed they made the hem like twice the size it should have been. and then they argued like crazy with me when i asked them to fix it O_o

ah well i was really worried about the yoke being repaired but someones else is worse than mine and he hasnt repaired his yet. but that info isnt about seoul