• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All nearby schools that I can only commute to

My list:

Rutgers - accepted. 1+ hour transportation

Fordham - 1.5+ hour transportation

Pace - 10 minutes (not really digging the school though)

CUNY - whatever

dude. if i had to travel more than 15 mins. i would NEVER go to class. i'm so fucking lazy. that sucks. i'm sorry brother. best of luck. rutgers is a good school.

All nearby schools that I can only commute to

My list:

Rutgers - accepted. 1+ hour transportation

Fordham - 1.5+ hour transportation

Pace - 10 minutes (not really digging the school though)

CUNY - whatever

maybe i'm missing something, but how is fordham 1.5+ hours, but nyu and pace are much shorter?

why not apply to eugene lang as well?

Don't go to Pace. I go to Brooklyn College (I'm in the Macaulay honors program) and it's not that bad. I hated it at first, but then made some great friends and it's a lot of fun. Except for most of the retarded core classes, I've had some great classes and professors.

my post got deleted. You get a free macbook, a stipened, money for study abroad and some other stuff. It's one program, but each student takes classes at whatever campus they get accepted to. You can, however, take classes at other CUNY campuses if they don't offer it at your campus. Honestly, it's a great deal if your going to commute since you get a few perks. Also, you get to register for classes before the rest of the student body.

Some of the campuses (I think Hunter for example) have dorms for the Honors kids. The sense of community is much greater in those schools. the thing is, you see a lot of the same people over and over again so you do end up making good friends. At first I didn't like it all that much, but now I'm having a good time.

Question: I wanna apply to Gallatin @ NYU, but the common app is just a general NYU application - do I have to declare somewhere within that that I am applying to Gallatin as a transfer applicant? I'm confused.

you got to fill in the nyu supplement. most schools have one. they are on the common app site.

1. log in at common app site

2. go to "search for colleges"

3. type in "new york university"

4. check the box and click add

5. you should now be able to fill out the supplement

you got to fill in the nyu supplement. most schools have one. they are on the common app site.

1. log in at common app site

2. go to "search for colleges"

3. type in "new york university"

4. check the box and click add

5. you should now be able to fill out the supplement

all I see is the "Arts" supplement.. maybe it shows up later, closer to the due date?

all I see is the "Arts" supplement.. maybe it shows up later, closer to the due date?

naw it should be there. the supplements button is on the left side of the screen near the bottom of that bar. click that then on nyu and you should see a supplement link. if you cant see it i can take a screenshot

^nope. It's not there just two sections that say:

"Common Supplements

Art Supplement: You have indicated that you will submit the Common App Art Supplement to one or more institutions on your My Colleges list.

Download PDF to submit this supplement via paper."

"New York University

New York University Supplement

New York University allows this supplement to be submitted Online. Start"

4 kids from my class got into Yale, 1 rejected.

Because of that NYU rejection, I'm most likely gonna have to settle for Fordham. Is NYU overrated/hyped up more than what it actually is?

Yes. Don't believe the hype.

Deferred from Yale. This sucks.

Don't worry, the last three years, the chances of getting into Yale were slim to none save for the top 1% of any class, and even then, they only chose 1 kid.

Yes. Don't believe the hype.

Don't worry, the last three years, the chances of getting into Yale were slim to none save for the top 1% of any class, and even then, they only chose 1 kid.

Some interviewers from Yale came to my school about a month ago, before they even got to meet the girl that they were going to interview she said "no thanks". This is coming from a girl who's taken seven APs since freshman year and has perfect SATs and I think is a foreign exchange student.

^That's pretty ridiculous.

I know this is a stretch, but is there anyone on SUFU who needs an NYU roommate? I have a feeling I'd get along better with someone on here.

I'm a girl, though. You'd either have to be female or want mixed-housing :(.

^That's pretty ridiculous.

I know this is a stretch, but is there anyone on SUFU who needs an NYU roommate? I have a feeling I'd get along better with someone on here.

I'm a girl, though. You'd either have to be female or want mixed-housing :(.

i do, but i'm a dude. i've been reading all that facebook shit and it doesnt seem like a bad group so far...

Some interviewers from Yale came to my school about a month ago, before they even got to meet the girl that they were going to interview she said "no thanks". This is coming from a girl who's taken seven APs since freshman year and has perfect SATs and I think is a foreign exchange student.

Ivy status doesn't really matter anymore. Lots of kids are passing on Ivy acceptances these days because more often than not, it entails a certain thing about that person and kids are more concerned with lifestyle than education. But also, more schools are offering just as good if not better academics these days, so the status implied by the Ivy league has diminished quite a bit.

i do, but i'm a dude. i've been reading all that facebook shit and it doesnt seem like a bad group so far...

:) Yeah, I'm afraid of getting some pretentious corny white girl as a roommate that can't control her actions though. As a girl, this would be a neg for me.

I'm Asian ?

Ivy league for undergrad is absurd. If you want the quality of education, take a look at the Public Ivies. There's a much better bang for your buck in there. For grad school, there's a lot more to it, but Ivy league schools completely lose their status at the grad level, so what I'm trying to say is that IT DOESN'T MAKE A FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

disclaimer: no offense to anyone going to nyu.

i wish i didn't try so hard through school, and college applications are depressing the hell out of me. now that i've gotten deferred/rejected by all my dream schools, and will probably either go to NYU or Emory, which I'm pretty sure I'll get in regular decision because of GPA, sats, etc, I regret wasting my high school years working my ass off to get good grades.

I could have gotten into NYU and Emory without having done shit in high school.

should have screwed grades and screwed more hs girls

Feeling the same way.

I always figured that Canadians were basically considered domestic when applying to Ivies and shit, but I guess not. This year is probably going to be one of the most brutal for admissions in general and I'm realizing that there's a huge possibility I won't get into any schools on my list in America. There's an entire tier of schools that I'd love to go to, but it doesn't make any financial sense.

McGill is a great school in a great city, but they don't give much in scholarships and I could have gotten in with a lot less work.

Ivy league for undergrad is absurd. If you want the quality of education, take a look at the Public Ivies. There's a much better bang for your buck in there. For grad school, there's a lot more to it, but Ivy league schools completely lose their status at the grad level, so what I'm trying to say is that IT DOESN'T MAKE A FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

Depends on what you want to go into. For med it obviously doesn't matter but for most professions (law, business, etc) it matters a lot.

Good Undergrad = good first job = good MBA/Law school/most everything else.

Most top companies only recruit at top ivies and a few top public schools...i can't tell you how many frustrated 4.0 GPA friends I have at solid public/liberal arts schools that can't land an interview simply because their school isn't "prestigious" enough for top firms.

The real world cares much too much about pedigree....sad but true.