What is your Wallet?

john11f

^^^

very nice. info about the brand?

Red Moon makes it. I like it because it is 15mm shorter than the Red Moons and the Cordovan is nice and stiff so it slides in and out of your pocket easily. Plus you get to see the saddle leather age. Best of both worlds. I also wear it without the strap a lot and it looks pretty cool that way too.

050808stclsl_03.jpg

Bottega Veneta Chain Wallet

keep my creditcards, ID in there... I got a moneyclip for my cash...

very useful for the MTR and JR East... Just Slap on the wallet and walk right through the turnstile... no worries about my wallet getting snatched....

I wasn't sure where this should go, I didn't really want to start a new thread, and it didn't fit in the leather evo thread. There really isn't much going on with the leather, yet, the evolution has been with the wallets. Kinda like a pre-post SF wallet thingie.

For years I was happy with a Tom Bihn wallet.

421358621_5633e2a2a0.jpg

Then one day I decided it was too thick so I bought a Bosca.

421359616_131c62845a.jpg

421361311_6915d88eff.jpg

421362298_86908345c2.jpg

This was a great wallet, until it was turned into a chew toy. I love the magnetic money clip. After it was turned into a chew toy I went with a new Bosca. Loved the removable id case.

421363288_93d4a562ed.jpg

421364270_ce415f4127.jpg

421365333_e30844e11e.jpg

Then I found SF, and just had to have a Red Moon. I sold the first one I bought a few days after it landed. It was very thick and it didn't have enough card pockets.

I went back to my Bosca and was happy until someone bumped the leather evo thread and I just had to have another one. How is this one different? Well, it isn't, it's same wallet. Apparently I am a simple minded dolt waiting for someone on the internet to tell me what to buy. I hate those people. There are pics of the new Red Moon around if you really want to see it.

It didn't end there though. I love the look of Wild Swans, and I just had to have one. After picking the Flicker 2 in choco it landed and I've posted pics of it somewhere if you really want to see it. I love it, but then I went to the post office today.

I was undecided on both the style and color of my Wild Swans. I really wanted to get a Spanker 2 in natural, but I couldn't find one anywhere. I did find a Last Crops though, it looks just like a Wild Swans and they even call it a Spanker 2.

421349666_a7584a7a2b.jpg

421347500_d17753c509.jpg

421348458_a9c2ca294f.jpg

421346402_6fc6142e66.jpg

421342523_34e768df9b.jpg

421368094_5dd63661c3.jpg

421366984_50225cf6d5.jpg

421366081_bfc00aad83.jpg

They have a different take on the edge shaper cleaner upperer, but they both feel very nice.

WildSwans Wings in Natural

img2837qv8.jpg

I've considered getting a new one in black though. I've been a little disheartened about this one after there was a slight accident involving it and my gf, in which some KY was spilled all over the left half (I wish I was kidding) and caused it to darken rather strangely. It's more apparent in person than it is in the picture.

I was undecided on both the style and color of my Wild Swans. I really wanted to get a Spanker 2 in natural, but I couldn't find one anywhere. I did find a Last Crops though, it looks just like a Wild Swans and they even call it a Spanker 2.

421366081_bfc00aad83.jpg

They have a different take on the edge shaper cleaner upperer, but they both feel very nice.

Hum hum..nice

How do you decide which wallet to use??;)

421349666_a7584a7a2b.jpg

421347500_d17753c509.jpg

421348458_a9c2ca294f.jpg

421346402_6fc6142e66.jpg

421342523_34e768df9b.jpg

421368094_5dd63661c3.jpg

421366984_50225cf6d5.jpg

421366081_bfc00aad83.jpg

got any cash left over to put in those things...?

How do you decide which wallet to use??;)

That's easy, I'm stuck with the Red Moon until the contest is over, but after that the Last Crops will be it. I feels great in my hand. As much as I love the feel of the Flicker, it will probably end up in the supermarket.

Which BV wallet are you looking to get? Woven or Non-Woven? you cant really beat on the woven ones... im not too sure about the non-woven ones though... all the BV stuff i bought where woven(@ the very least 1/3 of the item is of the woven pattern)... the quality is really nice... IMO, its better than Gucci... My canvas waist bag ripped, and the leather around my old money clip wallet started tearing within a year...

been waiting to pull the trigger on a BV wallet.....can any owners attest to its durability? I know the quality is impeccable, but if I don't keep my wallet in my back pocket i'm bound to lose it.

I've had mine for about a year and a half, it looks fine. but I don't put it in my jeans backpocket. I don't think the soft leather would last very long if you do that... I use a big phone so I have a murse to carry my shit around...

oh yeah, one time when I was at Costco filling gas I didn't want to put my wallet in my jeans pocket, and I had no other pocket. So I placed it on the rear spoiler of my car, and forgot about it and drove off... Fortunately a nice gentleman picked it up and called me at my mobile number printed on my business card in my wallet... The wallet however got driven over my cars like at least once or twice before he found it... It held up just fine, part of the stitching was ripped off. I called the Bottega store in SF and they said they would repair it. So I dropped it off, and they called me like in a week or 2 and told me it was ready, I asked how much for the repair and they said there was no charge! This is pretty fucking good customer service coz obviously getting driven over my a car was totally my fault. Needless to say my gf and I have bought other shit from BV since then...