Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

I'd say weird guys, either in a 32 or 33 depending on how snug you want the fit. You will also need them hemmed.

Ah, great thanks I was thinking the same.

Yeah, about the hem, i've been hearing something about chain stitch? I think those are only in denim specialty shops and for the life of me I cannot find some kind of tailor in my town. Is it alright to just get a regular hem?

Hey anybody have any worn in pics of the nep selvedge? curious to how they turn out

Not too worn in yet, but this is after one warm presoak and about 1 month of daily wear id say. been hot so not wearing everyday.

New

100_0638.jpg

100_0647.jpg

100_0649.jpg

100_0651.jpg

100_0657.jpg

Now!!!

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

As far as i know, most/all of naked and famous are regular hem. I would say the weird guys for you too, since you have big thighs and are into skinny fits.

Both pairs of N&Fs that I have came with a chainstitch hem. Not that getting them hemmed with a lockstitch won't be sufficient.

Raelly nice honeycombs and stackings!!!!! Go ahead and rock them the hard way and keep them alive forever!!!

Naked & Famous 19 oz. Elephant Denim.

7 Months worn everyday. 1 cold soak.

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

small hole popped up

IMG_0824.jpg

ayo- are those holes on the pocket coming up? those look great so far

They will be eventually, right now there's virtually no indigo on the those spots. I'm also thinking I'm going get crotch rip soon because along the stitching I have the most fading. Also I'm collecting lint inbetween my stacks...

so, i have a massive knee buldge on my neps...will those go down after increased wear? or do i gotta soak/wash em only worn em for like 2 months

They should go down with a soak. If you're concerned about an early soak, just rock em, and the wait will be worth it when you do.

The neps? i have no idea. sry. but they are mad long reguarless id say like a 36 inseam.

Just copped a sz32 Big John collab for $109 shipped. Almost got the reverse fades since they were on $60 but i dont think id ever really wear white jeans.

Excerpt from indigoshrimp blog :P :P :P

"

Most artisan denim makers, though, meant for their jeans to be soaked before wear – the old Levi’s ‘Shrink-to-fit’ concept. Many advantages exist in soaking your jeans before you wear them, including (but not limited to): better fit, increased fabric density & strength, corrected stitch tension to fabric pull balance, removal of chemical coatings used during the manufacturing process, and removal of excess indigo (most companies tend to over-dye) so your furniture won’t be ruined. Rest assured, well-dyed Japanese denim will not suffer from excessive indigo loss – most makers actually recommend washing their denim once every month or so, to prevent bacteria & grit degradation of the denim, thus prolonging the life of the jeans (preventing crotch blow-outs, butt rips, etc).

Furthermore, what you’ll find is that vintage denim hobbyists tend to do it the old fashioned way too: shrink-to-fit (soaking or washing) before wearing them & washing them more regularly (Samurai Jeans recommends monthly wash, Sugar Cane recommends quarterly wash). In this way, you will get more authentic vintage ageing, i.e. the creases & ridges will form on the different seams, the twist in the legs will become apparent, the denim will be stronger and therefore allow longer wear, the fading will become less contrasting and more vertical, achieveing more ‘hue’, etc. This is my preferred method! I would soak before wearing even for sanforised denim, because they do shrink as well, just not as much as unsanforised denim.

"

i like the way you explain it man!

Came back couple hours ago from Barneys at The Grove. I was actually disappointed at the sizes couldn't find any sizes under 30. Reverse fades were cheap!(like $69). There were Big Johns and MoMo's but sizes were way too big for petite guy like me ..

Came back couple hours ago from Barneys at The Grove. I was actually disappointed at the sizes couldn't find any sizes under 30. Reverse fades were cheap!(like $69). There were Big Johns and MoMo's but sizes were way too big for petite guy like me ..

Barneys online store has 29 in the momo's and big johns still. plus free shipping. Get in there!

they havent been out that long i think for people to really wear the hell out of them just yet. I have a pair and its definitely a dark indigo color. I think in time they'll look great because of the neppy texture they have