Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

^wow, looking really nice.

I got my Japan Heritage Weird Guys (31) in the mail from BO today, and I'm not sure about the fit. Its definitely the roomiest jean I've had in a while (working on a pair of APC PS size 30). I was going for a bit more of a straightleg fit, but now that I'm looking at it, I'm having size-down-second-guesses. I was more aiming for the fit of the official Japan Heritage Weird Guys that N&F put out: (http://w2.blueowl.us/carello/images/7991900.11b.JPG)

Think I should size down or grab em in skinny guy instead? (Never thought I'd be contemplating N&Fs in the same size as APCs) I'm 6'3" and 170lbs

Photoon7-29-11at649PM2.jpgPhotoon7-29-11at649PM.jpg

In Russell 7" tall boots:

Photoon7-29-11at657PM2.jpgPhotoon7-29-11at657PM5.jpg

And for reference, this is how my day 1 APCs fit....pretty different.http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2638634&postcount=8466

Excuse the shitty ass photobooth pics...just got a mac and lo and behold it takes absolutely horrible self-pictures too!

edit: hmm but my iphone can take pretty good macros...?

IMG_0364.jpg

^meant your pictures were big.

But to make this post worthwhile, heres a full review of the Japan Heritages. Whenever I see someone post how they just received their jeans I'm always yearning for a review so as not to be a hypocrite...

Jeans were fitting pretty awkwardly when I first got them, kinda big and flat (seemed wide from the front, but slim from the profile), and knowing these are a vintage style denim, I thought a hot soak would do them good. So i soaked em last night, tried them on while damp and then let them dry fully throughout the night. This morning I was super surprised to find they became SUPER crunchy during the night. Let me put it this way, they can stand up on their own:

StandingJeans.jpg

and when held horizontally they didn't lose structure either:

FloatingJeans.jpg

The entire jean shrunk up a bit, most noticeable in the calf/leg opening area as well as the inseam. But on to the actual review, I apologize it was via an iphone so not all the pictures are great. But this denim is absolutely superb, super slubby and crisp, but without being overtly slubby (as I find is find of the case on PBJs)

Review4.jpg

Review3.jpg

Review2.jpg

Review1.jpg

Very irregular wobbly selvege line, and that awesome looking weft...

Review5.jpg

Review6.jpg

mmm, more macro

IMG_0362.jpg

And heres a quick pic of them on.

Worn1.jpg

Digging them a lot, props to N&F, hadn't picked up a pair of their jeans in about 3 years, and this was a good way to get back into the brand.

@ GSA:

I think your fit is good actually. But if you want a more straight silhouette, then the WG might not cut it, because of the taper. Best bet would be the SG then, though I'd heard rumors about a Slim Guy cut in Japan Heritage fabric which would be perfect if you're looking for a straight cut.

By the way, and I allready think you know that, but the WG run about 2" larger than tagged size.

^yup, thanks for the advice, i knew the WG ran about 2" big, I'm around a 33" true waist size, so I guess you could say I sized down 2 or went tts, I dont know (been on the APC thread too much, all the sizing questions on there makes me want to shoot myself in the head), but either way theyre pretty damn forgiving. I updated my post after you posted but they fit much better after a soak.

Oh and a word on the service from Blue Owl. I ordered them on Wednesday in the late afternoon, got an email from Jay that day with a tracking number, and they were at my door on Friday, triple packed in USPS envelopes and plastic wrap. Best service from an online jeans retailer Ive had yet (worked with BiG, Denim Bar and Cultzm). Thanks Jay.

Since we're talking about it, my only experience with N&F is I've got a pair of Skinny Guy chinos (size 30). They fit real well, waist is just a shade over 30", which is perfect. So would a 28 WG fit? Ideally my best fitting jeans have a 30.5, 31" waist, but I'm a skinny dude, so I'm assuming that if tagged 28 WGs are 30" waist, getting that extra inch or so shouldn't be that hard?

Since we're talking about it, my only experience with N&F is I've got a pair of Skinny Guy chinos (size 30). They fit real well, waist is just a shade over 30", which is perfect. So would a 28 WG fit? Ideally my best fitting jeans have a 30.5, 31" waist, but I'm a skinny dude, so I'm assuming that if tagged 28 WGs are 30" waist, getting that extra inch or so shouldn't be that hard?

I didnt think that N&F were vanity sized two sizes down

^yup, thanks for the advice, i knew the WG ran about 2" big, I'm around a 33" true waist size, so I guess you could say I sized down 2 or went tts, I dont know (been on the APC thread too much, all the sizing questions on there makes me want to shoot myself in the head), but either way theyre pretty damn forgiving. I updated my post after you posted but they fit much better after a soak.

Oh and a word on the service from Blue Owl. I ordered them on Wednesday in the late afternoon, got an email from Jay that day with a tracking number, and they were at my door on Friday, triple packed in USPS envelopes and plastic wrap. Best service from an online jeans retailer Ive had yet (worked with BiG, Denim Bar and Cultzm). Thanks Jay.

Jay is a pretty top notch business owner, and deserves every bit of praise he gets. Don't forget that he can get you any N&F model/size (assuming it's available) as a special order, especially for us Slim Guy fans. And he still throws in free shipping if over $100.

Ah, I think a 30 would have been better for you or perhaps a 31 in the Skinny Guy could work. I usually wear a 32 in most brands but a 32 in these had a roomier thigh. My 31 looks similar to yours but buttoning it up takes a bit of work. I heard that it should be like that to achieve a better fit after it stretches out.

I picked up a pair of the Indigo Indigo Slub's from Barney's for the contest. They seem to run a bit small, so I had to go TTS. These fuckers are STIFF. Debating on whether or not to give them an initial soak. I know they're not going to shrink much, I mean to speed up the fading process. Any insights?