Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Anyone in Vancouver or close by, just a heads up as Dutil in Vancouver has the Japanese Heritage edition jeans (made with deadstock Samurai denim or rumoured to be) for $198.

They also had 24oz WG's for $265.

some proof for that rumor?

it uses 14oz denim, sanforized, with a plain white selvage...haven't seen that on a pair of Samurai so far

alright. thanks for the clarification. was just curious as Samurai is still a small brand which doesn't produce that much denim AFAIK.

and all their denim is unsanforized.

but from the pics I saw here and on blueowl, the denim has indeed a nice, slubby texture. looking forward to some evo pics

are they all that slubby? My initial reaction is to compare them to PBJXX-007s, which look farrr slubbier than those...maybe its just the lighting?

No they're not very slubby, a little bit rougher than your average N&F, but nowhere near as slubby as PBJs. They explain this on the little back pocket card, but I can't remember what it said.

Slight dilemma here. So I've always wanted to try this brand out especially since most of my jeans are more classic "1947" cuts and I don't have too jeans in contemporary slim fits. Today maybe out of boredom I stopped by the Co-op around my apartment and I started trying on all their models and fits. All but one model was in their Weird Guy fit. The fit I liked the most, was the Skinny Guy fit, but the only model was this weird rainbow denim that I didn't like. I did however stumbled on the last few pairs of the Big John collaboration. It was marked down to $109! so I happily took it. When I got home however, I noticed online that Blue Owl still has the Japan Heritage model in Skinny Guy fit so I got that instead. Now I'm torn about returning these Big John collabo's. Pros and Con of keeping them: Pro -- even though they're not in the fit I really really wanted, they still fit great:

BigJohnNFfront.jpg

Also, at $109, it's practically a steal. I count my blessings that currently I'm financially secure enough to not have to even think about $109 lost. Cons -- The above argument is not financially prudent. Whether or not I can afford $109 is irrelevant to the fact that it's still $109 for something I don't absolutely need and it could be going into something more worthwhile. So what do you think? Should I return it?

^ Damn those look good CMCiA!

You must be wearing them hard everyday.

Mine don't have nearly that much contrast in the fading even after a year.

How many soaks/washes?

tried on 30 in WGs, fit was great (but not crazy about how they fit knee down), but of room in the waist. tried on SG black power stretch in a 30, fit was fine, a bit snug though but not unsightly. I have the SG chinos in a 30. So, should I get 31s in the Deep Indigo SGs or 30s? Store didn't have deep indigo in SGs to try on or I'd have bought 'em outright.

It sounds like you'd be a 30 in SG or maybe even a 29 depending upon your waist measurement. Why don't you check out Blue Owl's site for accurate measurements: http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7995900 If you're still not sure, I would recommend emailing Jay (the owner of Blue Owl) or the place you decide to order from before doing any transactions. I cannot recommend Blue Owl highly enough. The measurements are always correct, Jay is awesome to deal with, and you'll get free 2-3 day shipping.

By the way, I've gotten about 1" stretch at the waist and .5" of stretch in the hip/thigh area out of my deep indigos. I went for the Weird Guys and sized down by one inch in the waist.

Yeah, probably a 30, then. My SG chinos are about 30.5" in the waist and it's perfect. I tried the 29 black power stretch SGs and couldn't even zip 'em up. Didn't even come close, actually, so there's no way I could do the 29s. I'd like to try Blue Owl, but I'm in Canada, so it's not as advantageous to me.

^ Damn those look good CMCiA!

You must be wearing them hard everyday.

Mine don't have nearly that much contrast in the fading even after a year.

How many soaks/washes?

I'm actually cycling them weekly with my FHs. I thought these would be pretty fast fading but I think they've been overdyed so the indigo takes longer to fade to white. Nothing a quick wash won't fix. Anyway, it's only had one pre-soak.

Keep at em man!