Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Just a little teaser pic of my BJxNF collabs. I have eight days of wear on these. The denim is very beautiful and hairy. There is a slight bit of electric blue beginning to show.

d64c0e18_BJxNF_Day7.jpeg

I don't think the selvedge line of the KD8 denim has been posted here, so I thought I'd post a pic of that as well. They're cuffed about three or four times in this pic because I'm currently at my parents' farm and have been running around barefoot. Stacks don't work well without shoes.

54adb7f4_BJxNF_Day7b.jpeg

I don't think the selvedge line of the KD8 denim has been posted here, so I thought I'd post a pic of that as well. They're cuffed about three or four times in this pic because I'm currently at my parents' farm and have been running around barefoot. Stacks don't work well without shoes.

54adb7f4_BJxNF_Day7b.jpeg

I love that selvedge line! I want to wear my N&F X BJ everyday but its too hot. and untill they break in a bit i dont wana ride my bike in them.

I love that selvedge line! I want to wear my N&F X BJ everyday but its too hot. and untill they break in a bit i dont wana ride my bike in them.

I love wearing mine but have the same problem too, i have a month of wear in and they are already fading nicely.

It is a pretty awesome selvedge line. The BJxNF jeans are only 14oz, the denim is softening up quickly (compared to the heavier, more rigid denim I was wearing), and I bought them TTS so they're comfortable, not skin tight. These three factors have made them really nice to wear in the summer. It's been in the 100's here lately (Maryland). I just decided that I was tired of staring at them and needed to start wearing them. I can't wait to see the evolution on these as I think it's going to be awesome.

Side note: I am currently wearing these with a cuff that falls right above my ankle bone. I cannot wear jeans that are stacked in the summer; Otherwise, I will melt. The little bit of breeze on my ankles makes a huge difference.

jlaz93, how noticeable is the fading on your BJxNF's? Is it significant enough to capture with a camera or only with your naked eye? I've been thinking this denim might fade slowly due to how soft it is, but maybe not.

Just got my Elephant 2s from Blue Owl, have to return them, dont go by Blue Owl measurements. They might be correct after they stretch out completely after hard wear but I sized down 2 as directed and I cant even get them above my thigh. It looks like I'm going to get regular 31 waist.

Blue Owl's measurements are wrong. my friend bought a size 31 in the elephants, expecting a 33 in the waist. Definitely wasn't the case.

Blue Owl's measurements are wrong. my friend bought a size 31 in the elephants, expecting a 33 in the waist. Definitely wasn't the case.

Our measurements are correct. We pull the front of the waist band over the back of the waist band and pull tight. There might be a little variation per each denim as they are hand made and very heavy fabric, but if there is any hesitation by anyone wants confirmation on the measurements, please call us. It only takes less than 5 minutes to measure and confirm that the measurements are safe.

I have personally gone back through every denim we have in stock. Every denim in the batch measures 2" larger than tag size in the waist line. I apologize for anyone who might have received a pair that is under those measurements.

Blue Owl's measurements are extremely accurate, ... you need to learn how to measure jeans... they follow the BiG measuring style... align the front waistband with the back waistband, and pull tight...

I definitely agree when it comes to Blue Owl's measurements. They are spot on! Also, like I said a page or two back, they will even pull a pair of jeans, measure that one particular pair, and send that same pair to you. That way, the chance of variation is gone and you know the exact measurements down to the tenth.

Edit:

Perhaps your friend wears size 33 jeans, which would have a waist of 35" and bought size 31, which would have a waist of 33". I wish people would measure their waist and thighs, and choose their size based on that rather than the sizes of their other jeans/pants.

Does anyone know where I could find a measurement chart for the slim guys I can't find anything anywhere. I want to compare them towards a weird guy to see if they might possible fit me better.

Thanks

In response to sense, I also received a pair of 29s that were supposed to be 31 waist but it wasn't the case, I emailed Jay and he walked me through measuring and it seems like I got a pair maybe wrongly tagged. But Jay was cool about it all and sent me a new pair immediately.

Proper customer service.

if your true size is a 31 I would get a 31 jean size for weird guy/slim guy cut. I have never tried the skinny guys because the leg size is super skinny. Remember that after a wash the jeans shrink also. I don't think there is any reason to buy a pair of jeans and not be able to button them all the way up. To me that means you are going for a fit that the garment is not supposed to fit like.

bsjhonson, a size 31 jean will most often measure to be 33". If lwmmm has a 31" waist, then he would be a size 29 in most jeans and he would be swimming in a size 31 (aka 33" waist). Therefore, the 29 N&F should fit his 31" waist perfectly. Most people would call this buying jeans True To Size (TTS).

bsjhonson, a size 31 jean will most often measure to be 33". If lwmmm has a 31" waist, then he would be a size 29 in most jeans and he would be swimming in a size 31 (aka 33" waist). Therefore, the 29 N&F should fit his 31" waist perfectly. Most people would call this buying jeans True To Size (TTS).

TTS is actually a sz 31 waist tagged that measures 31"

TTS is actually a sz 31 waist tagged that measures 31"

Wrong. Most brands are vanity sized by two inches. I wear a 32 in most denim. I bought my BJxNF in size 32 for my waist that measures 33.5 inches around where my jeans sit. A 32 measures out to be 34" and I like the .5" of extra room. Because I wear 32's in most brands, have a 33.5" waist and the denim has a 34" waist, and N&F denim is sized TTS (with a few exceptions such as the LHT), I bought my BJxNF TTS.

jlaz93, how noticeable is the fading on your BJxNF's? Is it significant enough to capture with a camera or only with your naked eye? I've been thinking this denim might fade slowly due to how soft it is, but maybe not.

I dont think the fading is really noticeable except behind the hidden rivets and wallet. I will post pics when more evo is noticeable.

lwmmm, did you end up getting another size 29 or size up?

I actually sized up one because even though the waist was wrong on the original pair I received, the thigh and leg opening were spot on and they were still tight. Should be getting them tomorrow I think so I'll update if fit is good.

Wrong. Most brands are vanity sized by two inches. I wear a 32 in most denim. I bought my BJxNF in size 32 for my waist that measures 33.5 inches around where my jeans sit. A 32 measures out to be 34" and I like the .5" of extra room. Because I wear 32's in most brands, have a 33.5" waist and the denim has a 34" waist, and N&F denim is sized TTS (with a few exceptions such as the LHT), I bought my BJxNF TTS.

um no, I'm 90% sure tyler is right. Just because most denim is vanity sized that doesn't make it TTS.... TTS means true to size, which means the size written on the jean measures to be exactly that number in the waist. So if I have a waist of 32 and I went TTS, that would mean I got a sized 32 jean.

Since you have a 33.5 waist and we know the BJxNF is vanity sized (2 inches bigger than the size) then u actually sized DOWN by two.

um no, I'm 90% sure tyler is right. Just because most denim is vanity sized that doesn't make it TTS.... TTS means true to size, which means the size written on the jean measures to be exactly that number in the waist. So if I have a waist of 32 and I went TTS, that would mean I got a sized 32 jean.

Since you have a 33.5 waist and we know the BJxNF is vanity sized (2 inches bigger than the size) then u actually sized DOWN by two.

+rep ((10 char))

The above two posts is why the APC denim thread continues to have disagreements about sizing. Sizing down by four vs sizing down by two. Some people do use TTS to imply that the marked waist size is congruent with the measurements in inches; however, all the denimheads I've ever spoken to use TTS to mean that one buys her/his normal denim size. The latter definition is often used when discussing chino and trouser size as well. Both are technically correct, but, IMHO and IME, the latter is used most often. Though, one will see the definition flctuate between forums. Perhaps SuFu-er's tend to prefer the former definition?

I guess I should mention that when I say TTS I am saying that if I were to go shopping for jeans I would first grab a size 31 because that's what I normally fit into. When I get naked and famous a 31 tag size fits me great. I am just trying to help people out when ordering. I got lucky because a local store carries some so I got to try out different sizes. I wear my APC NS jeans in a 30...just a fyi....I also have a pair of flat head f380 in a 31

i always thought that if the jeans were marked a 32 and they measure out to be a sz 32, and your a size 32...thats what makes them TTS right?

ex: skinny guys you go TTS because they usually while weird guys you usually go down 1-2 from your true size yeah? hence the different terms vanity size and tts

debating over how denim fits is stupid, more with the NF Talk yeah?

new spring preview, onixnf2's looking mighty good

http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/2011/08/21/naked-famous-springsummer-2012-preview/