Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Actually they fade very quickly when compared to other jeans I've owned. Only jeans I've seen fade more quickly are APCs. The texture of the denim allows certain portions of the fabric to be abraded much more redily than more tightly woven denim which would, in my estimation, partially explain the rapid fades.

thinking i'm going to go for the greencast.

Haven't seen a lot of evo pics for them though.

I posted a pic of my N&F weird guy greencasts a couple weeks ago, aroudn the 1-month mark. I gave them a soft wash around then and they have been starting to show a lot of color. Here they are roughly 2-months of constant wear, wash @ 1 month

2012-08-08_16-49-15_799-1.jpg

2012-08-08_16-49-45_388.jpg

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on the denim forums, so I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered (I checked a good portion of the N&F thread and didn't see what I was looking for). I've recently discovered denim and am looking at buying a few pairs, probably from N&F and/or Nudie Jeans as they seem to be on the more reasonable side financially.

I've been told the N&F Duck Canvas Selvedge will be released again this Fall. I'm interested in the Skinny Guy version (I prefer a very slim/form fitting jean) but judging from last years measurements they may be a little too "baggy" for my taste. I am thinking about getting my Skinny Ducks tapered for a slimmer fit, but I'm a little hesitant to take them to a tailor as it will compromise the chain stitching, etc. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Also, does any one have any pictures of their ducks in a skinny guy fit?

I've also read on here and on hypebeast (forgive me) that this look can also be achieved by buying Weird Guys and sizing down two sizes. What are your thoughts/experiences with this idea, and if you're someone that's done this would you be willing to share some pics of how they look and fit?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Skinny guys are slim enough but for me there needs to be more of a taper. But I'm glad they're coming out with the new cut.

The other day I was thinking I might just get 28 skg's which didn't fit in the hips for me in the Elephant denim but, was thinking I would just let out some of the fabric in the hip area. Do you guys think it would be a pretty simple DIY?

Plan was to turn denim inside out and rip the inner seam only since the outer is stitched so the denim doesn't unravel then just let it out and sew...it wouldn't be much more than that right?

^ Skinny people problems smh.

BTW for normal sized people like me, there is now an APC cut called the "Petit New Standard" which is almost identical to the weird guy. I am super excited since I've always wanted a pair of APCs but could never fit into them. http://www.oipolloi....dard-dry-indigo

I would be a lot happier If NF jeans had smaller back pockets. It's the only con in my opinion to NF's design.

Edited by rosarkar

Skinny guys are slim enough but for me there needs to be more of a taper. But I'm glad they're coming out with the new cut.

The other day I was thinking I might just get 28 skg's which didn't fit in the hips for me in the Elephant denim but, was thinking I would just let out some of the fabric in the hip area. Do you guys think it would be a pretty simple DIY?

Plan was to turn denim inside out and rip the inner seam only since the outer is stitched so the denim doesn't unravel then just let it out and sew...it wouldn't be much more than that right?

I don't expect this will work out terribly well. Just sell them and buy a pair that fits properly. It's one thing taking jeans in, it's a totally different story trying to let them out.

Edited by happinessknox

Us canadians got lucky. NF is having some kind of limited 50-jean run collaboration only available to those living in Toronto and Vancouver. I'm really interested so I'll go check Dutil out this weekend for more info. Never heard of IDC before.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Pre-order-Your-Limited-Edition-Naked---Famous-X-IDC-at-dutil--Today---.html?soid=1102343557523&aid=OomboRO2F1U

Thanks for the input to my previous post guys. I think I'm going to go with Skinny Guys and just get them hemmed/chain stitched. There's just too much length to my liking with a 37 inch inseam. I wasn't too thrilled at the idea of tapering anything or sizing down in WG's but I had to ask. The more pics I see of WG's and "non-skinny" jeans I see the more I'm beginning to like them, seeing pics of everyone's fades, honeycombing, etc. makes me want to get a pair sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the input to my previous post guys. I think I'm going to go with Skinny Guys and just get them hemmed/chain stitched. There's just too much length to my liking with a 37 inch inseam. I wasn't too thrilled at the idea of tapering anything or sizing down in WG's but I had to ask. The more pics I see of WG's and "non-skinny" jeans I see the more I'm beginning to like them, seeing pics of everyone's fades, honeycombing, etc. makes me want to get a pair sooner rather than later.

Honestly it's good to have variation in your wardrobe and if you wear denim most of the time, then chances are you will really come to appreciate different cuts for what they are. But if you're a skinny dude and like a super slender silhouette don't let anyone tell you that you need to gain weight or "lift" to fit into something. I can understand TooAwsome's obsession with having thick muscular legs, but honestly dude stop imposing so much. Not everyone wants beefy quads and huge thighs. And not everyone leads a lifestyle that requires or produces such a figure. It's also naive to think that by "eating more and lifting" the results will be the same for everyone. In the end as long as your healthy and feel good fuck it. It's not like your a fitness modle or anything (or maybe you are).

For example my brother is a body builder and a personal trainer. He is the same height as me, but instead of weighing in at 128lb and 8% body fat (like me) he is 180lb 5.3" and 10%-12% BF when he is bulking and close to 165lb 6%-7% bf durring competition. His aesthetic and physique reflects his lifestyle. In contrast I'm a pretty small, but athletic college student. My thighs fit nicely into a pair of size 28 SKG were as my twin brother has 32" thighs. I don't train 2-3 times a day and eat like a fucking bear like he does because being big isn't important/my aesthetic or practical in my situation.

Edited by Rightyow77

Us canadians got lucky. NF is having some kind of limited 50-jean run collaboration only available to those living in Toronto and Vancouver. I'm really interested so I'll go check Dutil out this weekend for more info. Never heard of IDC before.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Pre-order-Your-Limited-Edition-Naked---Famous-X-IDC-at-dutil--Today---.html?soid=1102343557523&aid=OomboRO2F1U

I'm not holding my breath. After the N&F custom event, I'm pretty wary. Hell, I've got a 1 of 1 ltd edition pair of N&F out of that, never worn, that I'd be happy to part with.

I'm not holding my breath. After the N&F custom event, I'm pretty wary. Hell, I've got a 1 of 1 ltd edition pair of N&F out of that, never worn, that I'd be happy to part with.

Now that you put it into perspective, I'll probably hold back from purchasing raws altogether unless they're limited run collabs I plan on setting aside. NF was a good intro to the denim culture. These pants take a lot of wear to get that nice faded look I'm after. No point in me dumping 200$ on pairs I'll only wear for two or three months. Save my money until my ONI's are falling apart.

Edited by rosarkar

weird guys end up being 'skinny' or slim/form fitting to guys with big quads but i guess on a skinnier person theyll look kinda roomy

Hey guys, I'm trying to sell a pair of skinny guy greencasts, size 29, for $80. Less than a month of wear, no visible fades yet but I've had them hemmed 1.5 inches. Here's an imgur link for them: http://imgur.com/a/hRIEl

Also selling a pair of the N&F x Blue Owl collab Weird Guy red chinos in a size 28. Less than 10 wears,for $110. here's an imgur link:

http://imgur.com/a/bIFuI

Let me know if you're interested!

^ Skinny people problems smh.

BTW for normal sized people like me, there is now an APC cut called the "Petit New Standard" which is almost identical to the weird guy. I am super excited since I've always wanted a pair of APCs but could never fit into them. http://www.oipolloi....dard-dry-indigo

I would be a lot happier If NF jeans had smaller back pockets. It's the only con in my opinion to NF's design.

I agree. The cuts are great but the massive back pocket ruins the look, almost covering the whole leg portion