Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

^ little skinny, but that's all personal taste, they'll stretch some.

also, doesn't it seem odd that both legs would twist inward since the twill is running the same direction on both of them? shouldn't they both go clockwise or counterclockwise and not one doing one thing and the other another?

they do do that, its just that mine are frank2s thats why that happens

maybe n&f should make a jean where the left leg is right hand twill and the right leg is left hand twill (or the other way around). i know there was just all that talk about gimmicky jeans, but i think it'd make for an interesting pair

the first thing you said is the right way to do it. samurais made one in the latter sense and it didnt work well for the whiskers because the twill went a long with how the leg rotates instead of opposite. when it goes opposite then theres more tension since theyre going against each other

Edited by TooAwesome

If you want to avoid leg twist when making a jean you can just skew the leg approx how much you anticipate it to twist after soaking. I don't get the point though, the little details are why I buy unsanforized denim and that leg twist is part of that.

the first thing you said is the right way to do it. samurais made one in the latter sense and it didnt work well for the whiskers because the twill went a long with how the leg rotates instead of opposite. when it goes opposite then theres more tension since theyre going against each other

SDA also did a RHT/LHT jeans.

And I don't think there was a "problem" with the whiskers.

My pair at 5 months of wear:

P1030543.jpg

deep indigo weird guys tagged 33.

7132799815_df0e8ae22f.jpg

7132800073_66e1a3548b.jpg

was psyched on this fit when I bought them. After a week of wear, and approx. 20 miles of bike riding, they have stretched out quite a bit. I don't really like the fit anymore. Not looking for anything skin tight, but Clearly, I should have researched more (read this thread) or emailed Jay from blueowl, where I purchased them. Might try to sell them or something.

for reference, here they are the day I received them.

7132830663_9a07d121fa_z.jpg

Posted · Hidden by wayoutwest, May 1, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by wayoutwest, May 1, 2012 - No reason given

deep indigo weird guys tagged 33.

7132799815_df0e8ae22f.jpg

7132800073_66e1a3548b.jpg

was psyched on this fit when I bought them. After a week of wear, and approx. 20 miles of bike riding, they have stretched out quite a bit. I don't really like the fit anymore. Not looking for anything skin tight, but Clearly, I should have researched more (read this thread) or emailed Jay from blueowl, where I purchased them. Might try to sell them or something.

for reference, here they are the day I received them.

7132830663_9a07d121fa_z.jpg

SDA also did a RHT/LHT jeans.

And I don't think there was a "problem" with the whiskers.

My pair at 5 months of wear:

P1030543.jpg

actually i didnt mean whiskers, i meant the twist fades from the inner thigh you get when you externally rotate your legs like when you sit cross legged or have one leg out.

what model are those?

Those weird or skinny guys? Really diggin that fit

weird guys, ty

Edited by TooAwesome

was the question still for me? S500JX-LR. And I don't think I get what fades you are talking about :D

oh you said sda made a lht/rht's and i wanted to know what model those were because i thought yours were those. unless you meant to write samurais instead of sda

i mean like this, the diagonal/twisting creases along the inseam

j4ZQCDYBUvZEL.jpg7002143475_068b6761a4.jpg

Edited by TooAwesome

ah those...I never thought those fades were directly connected to the twill. Very often you see those fades being "helped" with pinching and stuff. It has a lot to do with cut/body IMO.

My pair is the Samurai one. I can't tell you which SDA model it was. But IIRC they did this more than once.

yes, almost all of their denim is raw (except for the weirder ones)

but don't be deceived because although quite a few are raw, it's become clear that they don't all fade the same (i have selvedge herringbones that are very stubborn) - even among just the indigo ones there's variation.

@sehns and @tooawesome

i just dont want intense leg twisting, i would personally be fine with the leg twist if its similar to the paul rose pics above but i've seen pics of leg twists going 90o or more and i would like to avoid that.

can someone tell me the differences between the skinny guy and weird guy fits?

mike is not actually that far off the mark. Both are tapered slim fits. Skinnyguy is a low-ish rise and a narrow leg throughout; fairly self-explanatory. Weirdguy is roomier in the top block, higher rise, and wider thigh, but still tapered. Weirdguy is good for people with regular builds, who want a fitted look.

mike is not actually that far off the mark. Both are tapered slim fits. Skinnyguy is a low-ish rise and a narrow leg throughout; fairly self-explanatory. Weirdguy is roomier in the top block, higher rise, and wider thigh, but still tapered. Weirdguy is good for people with regular builds, who want a fitted look.

wg are as low rise as they come . . . skinny have a higher rise, but will shrink down some after a wash / soak . . .

wg are as low rise as they come . . . skinny have a higher rise, but will shrink down some after a wash / soak . . .

That's probably why I thought otherwise then; i was comparing my soaked SG to non-soaked WG.

Hi, can I get your opinions on this fit? These are my first pair of raws!

Sized pretty TTS for 33, the buttons weren't tough to get buttoned up. Based on wayoutwest's post, I'm wondering if I should size down one more due to the stretching he mentioned.

IMG_0229copy.jpg

IMG_0227copy.jpg

IMG_0231copy.jpg

IMG_0233copy.jpg

Not too tight out of the box.

IMG_0234copy.jpg

Thank you!

I like how they fit now, but I'm not in the "if you don't see the outline of your dick, you are doing it wrong"-camp.

I agree that they look good now but you should hem or cuff them. Those look like the regular indigo, and I've experienced 2 inches of waist stretch with indigo weird guys, so there's a chance they will stretch out more than you would like.

people don't seem to understand the concept that the tighter the jeans are, the more they will stretch. If you size down a whole bunch then naturally you're going to see an inch or two of stretching because it's unnecessarily tight to begin with and your body is exerting pressure on the fabric. If the jeans are sized correctly and not squeezing the life out of you then they aren't going to stretch nearly as much. also, wear a belt at all times, this will prevent some stretch.

Edited by happinessknox