Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Are those Red Cores the same color as on the barneys website under normal lighting (not daylight)?

No, they are very dark on their website. They are dark but have areas where more weft shows through, making for lighter and darker areas.

Edited by mister56

who's got updates on the japanese heritage model? Are these going to stretch out a lot/a little/ or not at all?

I just ordered a pair, and was told by Jay at Blue Owl that because they are a slack weave they will stretch more than tighter woven denim.

who's got updates on the japanese heritage model? Are these going to stretch out a lot/a little/ or not at all?

they stretch a decent amount in the waist. When i first got em they were so tight i couldnt do any buttons up but now i can do all of them and its little snug

2 weeks ago I ordered the red core selvedge from Barney's in a 32 where my waist is a 34, based on recommendations here to size down 2. They were so tight on my thighs I couldn't get the waist up, though I'm sure it would have fit.

After sending them back, I ordered a pair of 34. I wore them for an hour yesterday and an hour today, but I can't bend over or lift my knees above a 45 degree angle because they are too tight in the thighs.

NF34_bs.jpg

NF34_front.jpg

Think a size 36 will have large enough thighs for me to comfortably wear after stretching out, or should I just say screw it with the weird guy fit and look elsewhere?

2 weeks ago I ordered the red core selvedge from Barney's in a 32 where my waist is a 34, based on recommendations here to size down 2. They were so tight on my thighs I couldn't get the waist up, though I'm sure it would have fit.

After sending them back, I ordered a pair of 34. I wore them for an hour yesterday and an hour today, but I can't bend over or lift my knees above a 45 degree angle because they are too tight in the thighs.

NF34_bs.jpg

NF34_front.jpg

Think a size 36 will have large enough thighs for me to comfortably wear after stretching out, or should I just say screw it with the weird guy fit and look elsewhere?

I think you should give up on the WG fit. I tried some wierd guys and this is how they fit on me too. I ended up with a pair of Slim guys (sized down). I also have a pair of APC new standards that fit just like the slim guys from the knees up, but are a little more tapered towards the hem.

So I've had the greencast jeans for about 2 months now and loving them. Worn them every day so far and I'm already looking for another pair.. Just wondering, did they every come out with the raspberry scratch and sniff jeans in skinny guy? I would love to pick up a pair of those if they did.

So I've had the greencast jeans for about 2 months now and loving them. Worn them every day so far and I'm already looking for another pair.. Just wondering, did they every come out with the raspberry scratch and sniff jeans in skinny guy? I would love to pick up a pair of those if they did.

if you have the greencast, and are looking for skinnyguy, check the regular broken twill . . . they fade great, and can be found pretty cheap at karma loop - then just google for a 20% off code to save even more.

they fade to a really great electric blue

Nah, just in WG. I really wish they would release all their denim in both SG and WG.

I have a pair of LHT slim guys and while I like them I found they stretched out a lot. Probably start wearing them again in the summer, but for now I keep them for client meetings - higher rise means they're easier to tuck shirts into.

Quick fit question from a new guy:

Looking at either N&F Slim Guy or Regular Guy.

Me: somewhat muscular legs, actual waist measurement 35", thighs are a little over 21'' around.

I like the look of the slim guy but there's more thigh room in the regular guy. Recommended size/style?

Many thanks!

You should be fine in a 34" slim guy. I am an inch bigger in the waist and one and a half bigger in the thigh and my 36" Left Hand Twills stretched out a lot. If you stay with their lighter denim you should be fine.

You should be fine in a 34" slim guy. I am an inch bigger in the waist and one and a half bigger in the thigh and my 36" Left Hand Twills stretched out a lot. If you stay with their lighter denim you should be fine.

Thanks so much for the response. Much appreciated.

Quick fit question from a new guy:

Looking at either N&F Slim Guy or Regular Guy.

Me: somewhat muscular legs, actual waist measurement 35", thighs are a little over 21'' around.

I like the look of the slim guy but there's more thigh room in the regular guy. Recommended size/style?

Many thanks!

You'd fit the skin guys fine. You don't have muscular legs, I have a 31" waist and 23" thighs. You probably just have a huge butt which makes it hard to pull over giving the illusion of big thighs