Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Goodness, the fades on the winner look good, but all of those pics really make me realize how low the weird guy rise really is. Just my opinion, but few people can make that cut look good, especially those with larger waist/legs.

Wholly agree. But even if you have skinny legs (which I do), that doesn't make such a small rise comfortable. I much prefer the rise on my 47 501xx or my RS1. I'd like to try on some weird guy highs sometime. The low front rise obviously doesn't bother some people, but at the same time there's obviously been enough demand that they started to make a higher rise version.

I'm a bit turned off by the winner of the contest... the fades on that pair look disgusting to me.

I really liked this guy's though.

David1.jpg

David2.jpg

David3.jpg

David_knife.jpg

I think the winner's fades are substantially nicer. Good fades here as well but the knife and, more importantly, the cell phone front pocket fades really ruin it for me. Also, gotta say that the 1st runner up's jeans are really not very impressive and the back pocket fade is just bad. I think the appropriate pair was certainly chosen as the winner.

Edited by happinessknox

Hey, guys. I've never worn N&F before and am thinking about picking up a pair. I'm really curious on the stretch. I have some 3Sixteens and APCs. The 3Sixteens didn't stretch as much as I thought they would and the APCs stretched to a ridiculous size. Would I be burned going true to size?

^They come vanity sized so if you buy a 32 it will measure about 34 raw. They do stretch quite a bit in my experience, but it depends on the fabric. I've had the weird guy indigo and weird guy nep selvedge, both in size 30. They both measured about 32 when new, but the indigos stretched to about 34 and the neps to only 33 or so. They'll shrink about an inch in the waist when you wash them.

Got my WG deep indigos TTS tag 29 and they didn't stretch at all. Not sure what they measured new but I just measured them now and they're just a hair over 15.5" with the waist aligned. They've had 2 soaks and 1 hand wash in the year of owning them. I wear them 4-5 times a week and I don't do anything extreme in them.

Yeah - you want to try them on if possible. With all the different denims they use stretching is inconsistent. Left hand twill seems the stretchy-ist in my experience.

Hey, guys. I've never worn N&F before and am thinking about picking up a pair. I'm really curious on the stretch. I have some 3Sixteens and APCs. The 3Sixteens didn't stretch as much as I thought they would and the APCs stretched to a ridiculous size. Would I be burned going true to size?

i think you should tell us which n&f ur looking at particularly. as u may know they use various types of denim and various collabs so yeea

new fading contest from N&F:

http://www.nakedandf...-core-selvedge/ for pictures

Start date: March 18, 2011 (but you can enter at any time before May 18)

End date: Sept 18, 2012

Featured Jean: WeirdGuy – Red Core Selvedge (only this jean is applicable for this contest, and its only available at Barneys.)

How to enter: Buy a pair of these jeans from Barneys, and send us front and back photos, your name and your email. Then, on Sept 18, 2012 send us a photo of your beat up jeans! Send photos to [email protected]

Grand Prize: The 1st place winner will get a free custom pair of N&F jeans! You will get to choose from 10 limited edition fabrics from our private collection, choose the fit, thread color and leather patch!

Runner Up: The 2nd and 3rd place best faded jeans will each get a free N&F shirt from our current collection.

EVERYONE WHO ENTERS GETS A FREE GIFT THAT WILL BE MAILED OUT AROUND SEPT 18, 2012!

More about the Red Core denim…

This denim was chosen for the contest because it is built to fade in an interesting way. It’s indigo denim that fades wil red marks! This fade effect is created by the innovative dyeing process. First we vat dye the warp yarns in a red reactive dye which is a permanent dye that is absorbed to the core of the yarn. Then, we rope-dye the same yarns in indigo, which creates an indigo color yarn with a red core. As you beat up the denim the indigo dye chips away and the red core is revealed.

Edited by TATE + YOKO

new fading contest from N&F:

http://www.nakedandf...-core-selvedge/ for pictures

Start date: March 18, 2011 (but you can enter at any time before May 18)

End date: Sept 18, 2012

Featured Jean: WeirdGuy – Red Core Selvedge (only this jean is applicable for this contest, and its only available at Barneys.)

How to enter: Buy a pair of these jeans from Barneys, and send us front and back photos, your name and your email. Then, on Sept 18, 2012 send us a photo of your beat up jeans! Send photos to [email protected]

Grand Prize: The 1st place winner will get a free custom pair of N&F jeans! You will get to choose from 10 limited edition fabrics from our private collection, choose the fit, thread color and leather patch!

Runner Up: The 2nd and 3rd place best faded jeans will each get a free N&F shirt from our current collection.

EVERYONE WHO ENTERS GETS A FREE GIFT THAT WILL BE MAILED OUT AROUND SEPT 18, 2012!

More about the Red Core denim…

This denim was chosen for the contest because it is built to fade in an interesting way. It’s indigo denim that fades wil red marks! This fade effect is created by the innovative dyeing process. First we vat dye the warp yarns in a red reactive dye which is a permanent dye that is absorbed to the core of the yarn. Then, we rope-dye the same yarns in indigo, which creates an indigo color yarn with a red core. As you beat up the denim the indigo dye chips away and the red core is revealed.

Start date: March 18, 2011

Doest seem too new

there are other muscular people who wear N&F like,

NFBigJohnDay1.jpg

he just gets the waist tailored in to fit him. he has to go TTS or upsize but his waist is only 30 and these are 30 (so +2). the picture looks very painted on because it was a fit pic of him deciding if he should keep it to stretch the thighs

I must say this guy makes N&f even worse than i thought they could be!

I must say this guy makes N&f even worse than i thought they could be!

You are just jealous cuz this guy is ripped. But in all seriousness, if he wasn't standing spread legged like that, and had on normal shoes and belt (and a shirt) it would look perfectly normal. The thighs are kinda tight, but the denim will certainly stretch out with wear.

"Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

babydials, on 01 March 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

NYC folks, I need your advice. By the time I found the Tweed Fills on sale they did not have my size left in the WG, so I got the slim guy. Ok with the top fit, but not loving the 17.5" leg opening at the cuff. I would like to narrow this to 16". My local tailor is reasonable, but not great with jeans. Is there anyone in NY you would trust to do this alteration and is not very expensive.

I used to drop my jeans off at Denim Repair for holes but recently when I needed a taper I asked them which seam they take it off from just as a pre-test before sending it to them. They failed -- their response was "either seam, doesn't matter". I'm sure you're not going to like this answer but I've switched to Schaeffer's in LA. They are meticulous with the jeans (they answered "OF COURSE we cut from the inside seam, are you nuts") and they do a great job. Yes, despite all the options available here in the city, I send my jeans to LA."

Thanks Shinobi. I got a recommendation for a place on Mott Street. I am going to give them a try.

They probably don't have the smallest leg opening out there, but I think weird guys are about as tapered as they come

Agreed. If you really want more taper and you like the denim why not have them tailored as opposed to selling them cheap and possibly losing money?

I'd say just wear em.

I have the same exact question... as mentioned a page earlier.

I've been working out my legs alot lately, and I plan on ordering the elephant 2's in the weird guy model.

I'm contemplating where I should go my tts 29 because of my large thighs, or just buy them in 28's.

I've bought APC PS tts 29 before, but the whiskers turned out super weird since my legs only kept on getting bigger, altering the fit of my APC's. I really need some insight before buying a pair, please and thanks!

Just got this. Still freckin stiff. Wearing this in and out of the house , just to strech it more. No soak yet.

DSC05608-Copy.jpg

This is tag size 31, measure 30in.

DSC05615.jpg

DSC05612.jpg

Gonna sent this for hemming when I am ready.