Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

4q61ye.jpg

glow in the dark weird guys

~5 months old, ~2.5 months wear

(taken on a go pro so excuse some distortion)

lol nice string belt (Y)

and its not really 5 months 'old' if theres only 2.5 months wear right? or else you would include all the time it was being processed and being at the store

Edited by TooAwesome

we need to see pics of them GLOWING!!!!!!

anyone pick up the Greencast? do they just have a slight tint of green or is really noticeable? If I get another pair of N&F I was thinking broken twill indigos or maybe those if they don't look too green.

Need a pair that'll fade nicely with my limited active lifestyle :)

lol nice string belt (Y)

and its not really 5 months 'old' if theres only 2.5 months wear right? or else you would include all the time it was being processed and being at the store

i have owned them for 5 months but theyre in rotation with some apc ns so they are each at about 2.5 months of wear

Here ya go:

IMG_1485.jpg

I think I ordered these last summer when they were first announced but there was a long and tumultuous process of getting the leather label on etc...i lost track of all the final touches they were putting on it.

I have a couple of N&F pieces in both the Weird Guy and Skinny Guy so I know to order a size 30 in the Weird Guy fit. Surprisingly the 30s seen here were impossibly tight on me. They fit more like the Skinny Guys and with this being unsanforized, I didn't want to take a chance with them shrinking too much so I asked Blue Owl to switch. Thankfully the switch only took a few days! Thanks Jay!

IMG_1488.jpg

Look how crazy thick the leather patch is!

IMG_1489.jpg

And the fit:

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

Denim is very smooth, not slubby, and super thick. It feels like putting on armor. So far no cuts and bruises from this like I had with the 24oz Sammies but the back pockets do dig at the back of my thighs.

IMG_1492.jpg

List?

Does that mean will make ur legs bleed?

I mean, got to have this in the my wtb list.

shinobi2000, congrats on the purchase and fits look good on you.

Is it heavier and thick than your 24oz sam ?

Edited by Xstan

i want to buy some grey weird guys but am unsure of sizing...

can anybody help me out? I wear a 31 in apc ps...

do i size down on these things? or mayabe someone has a pair of apc ps and weird guys and can shed some light on their respective sizes?

In apc ps i am wearing size 29, my waist is 31. they fit me perfect, not to tight or loose. In weird guys it really depends on the fabric, in my japan heritages i'm a 29 but i once had a pair of indigos in a 30 and they fitted very well too. Personally i recommend sizing down 2 only in fabrics which are known for stretching more than regular indigos. But it really depends on the fit you want.

Thanks guys. To answer a few posts:

The construction seems good but I have nothing to compare it to because these are quite unique! I know they had some issues getting the patch on so only time will tell how the stitches hold up.

They are absurdly heavier than the pairs of 24oz denim I have. They are noticeably thicker and more rigid.

Sorry but I sent the 30s back so I can't measure them.

photo1.jpg

My japan heritages so far. Bought them when they came out in July but only started wearing them in October. Just a quick pic off my iphone and decided to post since no one's been posting any other japan heritage progress. Not much going on with about 4 months of wear.

hows the construction on them? i wonder if theyll have the same problem as the e2's? should be interesting to see how they age though

I can't imagine they'd have the same problems. The 32oz's are made in a completely different factory...they're actually made in Japan.

I know my Elephant 2's are a little...ah...well, the fabric on the fly just below the waistband came undone the first day I had them. Doesn't really matter to me, as it isn't a visible flaw when I'm wearing them. They could have certainly been built a bit better, but that would have likely meant a higher price.

I got my hemp blend skinny guys in today. First impressions are good. They're a little more itchy than my other skinny guys. They're speckled with little brown and white neps. I love the brown/tan contrast thread and the green selvedge. I have a feeling that these will age very well. Really dig 'em.

Thanks guys. To answer a few posts:

The construction seems good but I have nothing to compare it to because these are quite unique! I know they had some issues getting the patch on so only time will tell how the stitches hold up.

They are absurdly heavier than the pairs of 24oz denim I have. They are noticeably thicker and more rigid.

Sorry but I sent the 30s back so I can't measure them.

There must be severe chaffing on those bad boys

My 24oz Samurai 5000s and my 19oz 710s, both scraped me in the back of the knees (actual blood!). My 24oz PBJs were actually kind to me and didn't chafe. These 32 oz jeans dig into my back thigh right below my butt. It's from the thickness of the back pockets creating a rigid section that eases up right at the thigh so that area gets the most chafing. We'll see if they draw blood or not

I got my hemp blend skinny guys in today. First impressions are good. They're a little more itchy than my other skinny guys. They're speckled with little brown and white neps. I love the brown/tan contrast thread and the green selvedge. I have a feeling that these will age very well. Really dig 'em.

You gotta post lots of pics man!

I really, really, wanna cop a pair (as I'm quite the stoner :blush:) but the skinny guy is just so damn skinny....

Still might go for it (green selvedge is too good to pass up) so post some pics man!

+rep

Edited by oilpit

Here's some pics of the Hemp Selvedge:

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg75/krankguitarist/Hemp%20Selvedge/

Honestly, I'm not really great at taking photos. Did my best ;).

I like to size my skinny guys a little bigger than my weird guys and slim guys. I'm usually a 33 in those two cuts, but on skinny guys I go up a size. The result is a super-slim cut that isn't tight. I like it a lot.

Edited by Mesalomanic