Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

Haha so I'm guessing most of you have the wholesale hook-up.

but if you're like me and don't,

Tandy is having a sale during august, veg tanned single shoulders are like $20 along with some other sale stuff

here's the flyer.

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/eflyer/1008RT-USA/1008RT-USA.aspx?feature=Image_Link_11

page 8 tells you what locations are participating.

now then, If i want some light-weight veg tanned leather, like 2-3 oz, am I out of luck unless I can find a way to buy like a whole side from tandy?

Or do you guys have other suggestions?

I bought some leather from local Michael store and want to tie it to the zippers of my backpack. How do I go about doing this? Just a simple tie...tried super glue to no avail. Did not like the braiding (too busy looking). Do I need to buy some kind of tool? First timer working with leather

STONE OIL COWHIDE LEATHER SUPERIOR QUALITY

This leather has a deep richness because it has been treated with oils, waxes and dyes in such a way that when the leather is pulled or stretched, the finish becomes lighter in the stretched areas. Creating an “Old World†effect and “Aged†look.

An inspiration from the 50s bridge builder, who use similar pouch to store bolts and nuts.

WX220Stone20Oil20Hip20Bag201.jpg

WX220Stone20Oil20Hip20Bag204.jpg

WX220Stone20Oil20Hip20Bag202.jpg

'Market Wallet' theme.

Able to hold coins, loose notes, some cards and also a hook for keychain.

Idea is to travel light on short market trips, grocery shopping, relaxing at nearby cafes... Just hook on your keychain, slot in the neccessary cards, dump in some small notes and you are ready to go :)

LalloSquareVegTanCoin1.jpg

LalloSquareVegTanCoin3.jpg

LalloSquareVegTanCoin6.jpg

I bought some leather from local Michael store and want to tie it to the zippers of my backpack. How do I go about doing this? Just a simple tie...tried super glue to no avail. Did not like the braiding (too busy looking). Do I need to buy some kind of tool? First timer working with leather

Did you buy strips of lace? Look up some basic knots. I have lace tied to the zippers of my backpack just by simple hangman knots. Very simple, not-too-ugly, and wont come off by itself.

How do you stamp the leather like that ^^^?

Yeah! Just like Hollow's link to Tandy. You can purchase alphabet stamps from online or any local leather stores.

OG - the brown leather looks tasty, to say the least.

Thanks Beatle!

so, this is more of a small questions type thing, but hey, definitely leathercrafting related so here we go:

where do you guys get your hardware and stuff? I'm trying to find a small-ish zipper in aluminum or another silver metal and I cannot find it local.

tandy only carries heavy-duty zippers, and my local fabric store only has the right size zippers in nylon/plastic or in brass.

i'm guessing the guys who do this on a non-wholesale basis would be the best to ask this of, but hey, any ideas could help.

The best place I've found to buy zippers is at Military Surplus stores. The one near me has a lot of vintage Talons and Conmatics.

Didn't wanna spend $110 on an ironheart reign, so i made my own.

Ironheart

leather20wallet20chains.jpg

Mines

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

I've had a few people interested in the hooks, which i bought at a local hardware store, if I get enough people interested (PM me) I will grab a bunch and sell them on here... first come, first serve basis. I will see how much he has left.